Taycan Turbo Charging Recall and Stop Sale?

Nevadagame

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley Gt. C7 ZO6. Cayenne S. Panamera Turbo. Silverado 2500 Turbo Diesel
Country flag
Has anyone heard about what my Dealer is calling a “stop sale recall” concerning a faulty part in the AC charging system? My car is at the dealership and I’m being told it can not be delivered until the recall parts are changed, and the parts are on order and won’t arrive until May 17th? Has anyone else heard anything about this?
Sponsored

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
Has anyone heard about what my Dealer is calling a “stop sale recall” concerning a faulty part in the AC charging system? My car is at the dealership and I’m being told it can not be delivered until the recall parts are changed, and the parts are on order and won’t arrive until May 17th? Has anyone else heard anything about this?
Hi @Nevadagame, read the posts about 12V battery from @louv. I guess its related.

Link: Don Breaks His Taycan - The Saga of the 12v Battery

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
There's a recall for an AC charging part now, they are probably doing stop sale to prevent having to pay dealers to do the work later. I think louv's problem is likely software, not hardware, so I don't think this fix is going to help him.

OP
OP
Nevadagame

Nevadagame

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley Gt. C7 ZO6. Cayenne S. Panamera Turbo. Silverado 2500 Turbo Diesel
Country flag
There's a recall for an AC charging part now, they are probably doing stop sale to prevent having to pay dealers to do the work later. I think louv's problem is likely software, not hardware, so I don't think this fix is going to help him.
Thank you, I guess I’m comforted somewhat by the fact that it’s an actual recall and I’m not getting a funny story from my dealer, it’s just so frustrating to have your car get all the way to the dealership in the United States and still not be able to have it for a couple more weeks. (At least). The dealer did say the part is on back order, but he expects to get it around May 17 if all goes well.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think the ground pin fix will address the @louv problem. A faulty ground can cause all sorts of intermittent behavior.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...n-the-saga-of-the-12v-battery.1274/post-15608

I think that the fix is 1 day max, not sure what parts are needed if any.

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Mine just got to the dealer, does the recall and the part affect taycan 4s also? I appreciate the info

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Mine just got to the dealer, does the recall and the part affect taycan 4s also? I appreciate the info
I sent an email to my service dept this morning about my 4S. They sent me a screenshot noting no open campaigns on my car. I’m not sure if it was addressed during the pre delivery process or if it only affects certain VIN ranges.

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thank you, I guess I’m comforted somewhat by the fact that it’s an actual recall and I’m not getting a funny story from my dealer, it’s just so frustrating to have your car get all the way to the dealership in the United States and still not be able to have it for a couple more weeks. (At least). The dealer did say the part is on back order, but he expects to get it around May 17 if all goes well.
You’d be more frustrated if your battery went dead. :)

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Wonder if this has anything to do with that Taycan Turbo S fire in Florida. There were posts about this months back but I haven't seen or heard anything since. Anyone heard any follow up to the cause of the fire?

B777

First Name
BP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911SC,Panamera S,Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Wonder if this has anything to do with that Taycan Turbo S fire in Florida. There were posts about this months back but I haven't seen or heard anything since. Anyone heard any follow up to the cause of the fire?
Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo Charging Recall and Stop Sale? 167D9CDF-C7C7-4FCB-8C8D-381FC79C4331

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
not that I’ve heard. The fire spread and destruction wrought looked more like an issue with the wall charger than the car, but that was just the best speculation I saw for the really limited details available

tnikolov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
It's a ground fix for the 12V battery, at least that's what my dealer told me. I am sure it's connected to what @louv has experienced. They are also changing my keyfob... anyone has any info about that?

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
It's a ground fix for the 12V battery, at least that's what my dealer told me. I am sure it's connected to what @louv has experienced. They are also changing my keyfob... anyone has any info about that?
Even after the Ground fix for the 12v, my car still had the 12v battery run down to zero.
As for the keyfobs... I think early cars had keyfobs that woke the car up from too far away. The new ones (replaced before I was allowed to take delivery in December) have a shorter range. Shorter range is good. You don’t want your car automatically unlocking when you are inside a restaurant having dinner. You remember restaurants, right?

tnikolov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Even after the Ground fix for the 12v, my car still had the 12v battery run down to zero.
As for the keyfobs... I think early cars had keyfobs that woke the car up from too far away. The new ones (replaced before I was allowed to take delivery in December) have a shorter range. Shorter range is good. You don’t want your car automatically unlocking when you are inside a restaurant having dinner. You remember restaurants, right?
uhm, that’s odd for the keyfob, as mine was wrong when delivered (February, delivery was a white Taycan produced before December, but I had ordered a green one...) and got a brand new one completed in February and delivered in March. Still, they are gonna change keys. I also wouldn’t say it would open from the restaurant... whatever that was indeed... but it does open from a few feet away, which seems bizarre. No other car of mine does that.

And very bad and sad news about the 12v battery problem