TeskaKiller

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Well, well, well... Tesl had also the lightest and most aerodynamic wheels you can get.

Sponsored

SWORDER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
It's hard to trust any car video that doesn't begin with, "Hi everyone, my name is Schmeeeee."

That said, thanks for posting!

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
Meh, these videos don't really prove much of anything. Roll racing isn't how any EV shines, especially not a Tesla, since the "Cheetah Mode" is only activated from a standing start. Also, that's a Model S, not a Y, and it's not a 2021 since the only 2021 Model S's are the refreshed models, which this clearly isn't. So this video is pretty click-baity. If you want to see a Taycan vs. a Tesla, head over to Drag Times channel to see some honest runs.

Turbo S vs. Model S Performance Raven / Cheetah:

Spoiler, Taycan beats it by 0.12 in the quarter. Not at all unexpected.

So....yeah. Taycan is fast. A Plaid S beats it by more than Turbo S beats the older Model S Performance. It's a second faster and over 20 MPH faster trap speed.

But Taycan really isn't really that much of a threat to Tesla, IMO. Porsche is still a Porsche, with all the engineering and handling that comes along with that. At the end of the day the Taycan is a Taycan and a Tesla is a Tesla and they are very different vehicles.

....and there will always be something faster.

Last edited:

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
A Plaid S destroys it.
Meh. As pointed out elsewhere:

So, when that Ferrari or Lambo pulls up to you at the red light of an intersection and wants to race, you'll have to politely ask "would love to, but can you give me 10-15 minutes for my car to set itself up for launch mode?"
Lol.

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Meh. As pointed out elsewhere:

Lol.
This has been proven false.

1. The Plaid does not need that much time to get up to operating temp for full launch mode. Many owners have reported times as little as 30 seconds. 2-3 minutes seems to be the average.

2. Non-drag mode, non-precondition mode runs have been made sub-2.5 seconds. That's fast enough. As in pull out of your garage onto the street, stand and stomp. Verified with Dragy. Pursue here if you're interested.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo (not Turbo S) vs "825 HP" Tesla Model S CHXeetah mode 2021 MY {filename}
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/dragy-times-for-plaid-and-lr.233391/

I'm not by any means trying to say the Plaid or any Model S is better than any Taycan. "Better" is in the eye of the buyer. But make no mistake, the plaid is blisteringly fast, no trickery required. And it's repeatable.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
2-3 minutes seems to be the average.

But make no mistake, the plaid is blisteringly fast, no trickery required. And it's repeatable.
By proven wrong, you mean it takes 2-3 minutes at the stop light to get do the drag launch and still not hit the advertised 1.99 seconds, instead of 10-15 minutes. Ok.

That is fast as long as you have 2-3 minutes before the light changes to do the "non trickery" for the drag launch. LOL.

OP
OP

TeskaKiller

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
There was also a dfrag race in the video 48 s into the video:

Meh, these videos don't really prove much of anything. Roll racing isn't how any EV shines, especially not a Tesla, since the "Cheetah Mode" is only activated from a standing start. Also, that's a Model S, not a Y, and it's not a 2021 since the only 2021 Model S's are the refreshed models, which this clearly isn't. So this video is pretty click-baity. If you want to see a Taycan vs. a Tesla, head over to Drag Times channel to see some honest runs.

Turbo S vs. Model S Performance Raven / Cheetah:

OP
OP

TeskaKiller

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Would be the first time ever for a Tesla then.

I'm not by any means trying to say the Plaid or any Model S is better than any Taycan. "Better" is in the eye of the buyer. But make no mistake, the plaid is blisteringly fast, no trickery required. And it's repeatable.

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
By proven wrong, you mean it takes 2-3 minutes at the stop light to get do the drag launch and still not hit the advertised 1.99 seconds, instead of 10-15 minutes. Ok.

That is fast as long as you have 2-3 minutes before the light changes to do the "non trickery" for the drag launch. LOL.
No, by wrong I mean if you roll the car out of the garage and floor it, you're still hitting 0-60 in under 2.5 seconds. Which means you're still beating that Ferrari / Lambo / Mclaren, just not by as much. The 1.99 seconds is on a prepped strip only. The launch mode really isn't buying you much.

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Would be the first time ever for a Tesla then.
Yes it would be. But that's Tesla. Always changing. And here we are with a new paradigm, and it's for real. My Model 3 is only 18 months old and it's already outdated in many ways. That's just the way they work.

OP
OP

TeskaKiller

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Yes it would be. But that's Tesla. Always changing. And here we are with a new paradigm, and it's for real. My Model 3 is only 18 months old and it's already outdated in many ways. That's just the way they work.
Its crazy it can take on a 765LT and they dont ship it with ceramic brakes?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
It's hard to trust any car video that doesn't begin with, "Hi everyone, my name is Schmeeeee."

That said, thanks for posting!
F that guy. Schmee is an arrogant ass.
Sponsored