skumar55

First Name
Sunil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
Hi, I need some advice. I have just put a deposit on a Taycan Turbo volcano grey and have tried to make it look like a Turbo S. I got time to change my mind and order a Turbo S as it's not gone to build stage. Should I stick with a Turbo or go for Turbo S. For Turbo S it works out to be another £220 each month on a 36 months PCP Deal. What do you think?
Sponsored

SushiStu

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 996.2 C2 Coupe 6MT
Country flag
Depends if you need ceramics and an extra 200ft if toque. Id guess not. Stick with the turbo.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
They have the same HP and torque except when overboosted with launch control, so 99% of the time the acceleration between the 2 feel the same. I can't justify another $30k for the 1% of my driving, so I ordered the turbo.

MAVG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 4s (going); MY22 CT 4s (on order)
I would probably go turbo and add a few optionals as not that keen on the ceramics for my use

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
I think it depends on what you mean when you say you tried to make it look like a Turbo S. If you added the PCCB brakes and carbon fiber that the Turbo S has, then I doubt it’s going to be that much of a difference in price to just step up to the Turbo S. If you don’t feel you need the PCCBs or carbon fiber trim then the difference is more substantial and you should go with the Turbo.

Todd Rose

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
They have the same HP and torque except when overboosted with launch control, so 99% of the time the acceleration between the 2 feel the same. I can't justify another $30k for the 1% of my driving, so I ordered the turbo.
That’s where I landed. I really enjoy the Turbo. I used launch control a lot early on, and will still do it when I take new folks in the car, but I don’t use it enough to justify the price jump.

Scott Allen

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 911 Carrera S Cabriolet, 2017 Range Rover HSE, 1967 Camaro RS/SS 396
Country flag
I have had my Turbo for 16 months now with 8500 miles. Love it. No need for the TS IMO.
I don't see the value in the ceramic brakes. Love the coated ones since there is NO brake dust!

OP
OP

skumar55

First Name
Sunil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
Thank you for your reply and advice, think I will stick to the Turbo.
Sponsored