TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
does anyone have the Turbo S Aero Design Wheels on your Taycan that can take a picture of the actual wheels on the car?

I have the non-S version of the Turbo Aero and these look slightly different. I was thinking of replacing, but not sure if I will get enough money for the current set to make this worth it. Pictures would help.
Here is what I am talking about:
Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo S Aero Design Wheels on vehicle pics 1633612000435
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Actually, this is not the wheel that he is talking about. This car has the same wheels as mine, which are the Turbo Aero wheels. He is suggesting that there is a Turbo S Aero wheel that, based on the picture he posted, is indeed slightly different. It is slightly less "aero," in that there is a greater area of openings at the perimeter of the wheel. I definitely did not know that this wheel existed (perhaps because the people I know with Turbo S did not select this wheel).

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Actually, this is not the wheel that he is talking about. This car has the same wheels as mine, which are the Turbo Aero wheels. He is suggesting that there is a Turbo S Aero wheel that, based on the picture he posted, is indeed slightly different. It is slightly less "aero," in that there is a greater area of openings at the perimeter of the wheel. I definitely did not know that this wheel existed (perhaps because the people I know with Turbo S did not select this wheel).
Oh Wow! Sorry, I have compared them a few times before posting and was in the end 100% convinced it was the same wheel......uggggh!

OP
OP
TycanNewHampshire

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
@ffm_dude that is PERFECT! Exactly what I was looking for! No need for a close up, as I can see the detail in the original picture I posted. I actually wanted to see them on the car and this is exactly what the doctor ordered!

Yes, there is a difference, and Yes I like them better.....now, to sell the old ones :)

@Silveral sorry, @KensingtonPark is correct. The wheels you posted are the same ones that are on my car and different from what I was looking for. They are a little more aggressive and the solid portions of the Y-part of the spokes are actually slotted toward the lip/wheel-well. They are subtly different, but indeed different. I also like how their solid portions are not as flat to the spokes and are not as shinny as the ones we have, That part can get hairline scratches pretty easily and I think the other ones that I asked about might hold up better for my winter set of wheels and look slightly more aggressive to me....but that may be personal preference?

muddyducky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo S Aero Design Wheels on vehicle pics 040EFD12-34EC-4325-BBDD-4CB1501DA0D7
Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo S Aero Design Wheels on vehicle pics IMG_0743

for anyone who is looking for these wheels on the sedan (like me before purchasing :p)

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
I have to say, I have never noticed that there were differences between the wheels. It seems that on the sedan they are the non 'S' wheels, but on the CT, they are the 'S' version. Not totally sure why they have 2 versions, but my eyes have been opened...! Both look great on the car though.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
The 20” Turbo S Aero wheels are standard on the Taycan GTS. They look great, and given their design, are pretty well protected against curb-rash. recommended.

IMG_7437.jpeg
They look much better in all black.