Taycan Turbo S Exclusive Design wheels with Carbon Fibre Aeroblades -- are blades removable / replaceable?

Snl51200

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I am about to order my second Taycan. I am considering the Carbon Fibre Aeroblade wheels. I have never owned a vehicle with Carbon fibre wheels. So this car will be my daily and I wanted some feedback. Is the carbon fibre permanently affixed to the wheel or could it be replaced without replacing the entire wheel if damaged? Can anyone provide personal experience pros and cons? Thanks!
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
The carbon fiber is bolted onto the wheel. Take a look at this picture of the wheel with the blades removed from an eBay listing selling the wheels.
Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo S Exclusive Design wheels with Carbon Fibre Aeroblades -- are blades removable / replaceable? Wheel

OP
OP

Snl51200

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
The carbon fiber is bolted onto the wheel. Take a look at this picture of the wheel with the blades removed from an eBay listing selling the wheels.
Wheel.png
So is it safe to assume these can be replaced?

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
In theory. I don’t know of a place that sells these separately, however.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
According to my dealer they would have to replace the entire wheel if damaged. I'm not entirely sure how true that is, but that is what they told me at least.

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
According to my dealer they would have to replace the entire wheel if damaged. I'm not entirely sure how true that is, but that is what they told me at least.
Probably cheaper to get a 3d printed copy and apply a carbon wrap on the replacement "blade" than to change the whole wheel!

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (previously 911 Carrera T)
Country flag
Wheel.png
Non-structural carbon fibre…. Pass!

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Non-structural carbon fibre…. Pass!
Te be honest, it’s all or none with carbon fibre wheels where carbon is structural. There’s no safe way to “weld” carbon fibre with any metal so that you’d have a wheel strong enough to support a 2.3t vehicle taking 1g on the skid pad and emergency stops..
Sponsored