TontoTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Interesting that, while both are spec'ed 0-62mph in 2.8s, the Taycan clocked in at 2.7s while the P1 at 3.65s.

Under promising, over delivering works for me!

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
It seems many of these head-to-head matches lately have the Taycan losing. But doesn't some of that have to do with the fact that the top speed is computer limited?

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
They aren't hitting top speed in a quarter mile. The Taycan is doing well, considering how much heavier it is than the competition. The other cars have equal or greater HP, and much less weight.

TK-421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS - 2021 Cayenne
Country flag
Weight is a giant factor in the Taycan. A race version of this car, such as a GT2RS, or a race ONLY version such as the Sesto Elemento with none of the safety items adding weight, race seats, no sound proofing, creature comforts, etc.. would be mental. Dropping 500lbs, adding lightweight racing wheels, and true track tires(even street legal ones)...converging on hyper car territory.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Also remember Taycan has 2 speed gearbox, and the other cars have, well, more. At some point the electric motor runs out. But still the 2 speed does a lot for the car vs having to have one fixed gear ratio. But that was something to watch, I didn’t even care the Taycan got beat by a tiny amount.

Add to that in day to day driving by the time any McLaren develops full power you are well on your way to jail....
Sponsored