Taycan Turbo S vs. Model S Plaid - really by this much!?

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
FSD (Full self driving) is arguably Tesla's biggest claim for why their valuation is so high. They insist that Robo-taxis and self driving cars will bring in huge amounts of future revenue. Their car sales alone will never justify the $700B+ market cap. I'm sure Porsche and other automakers are paying attention, but so far Tesla has fallen way short in delivering their promised FSD.

Autopilot and FSD is a feature that is frequently used as a reason to buy a Tesla over other brands, including Porsche. So yes, I find it a bit comical when their owners go through some pretty big compromises and risks to feed the cult of Elon.
Fascinating. Never heard about this. So if someone were to buy a Plaid with FSD and drive it like they advertise, FSD wouldn't be turned on.

Have to watch when MSM starts reporting on this.

Heard it here first.
Sponsored

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Or, Plaid buyers won't option FSD...? Maybe you have one key for when you want to drive Plaid like what you paid for, safety score be damned. The other key is for when you want your Elonmobile to drive you around, hopefully safely. Someone will figure out way to game the safety score. Me personally - zero interest in FSD. I like to drive (that's why I got a Porsche) and there are just way too many stupid people who are allowed to drive.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Or, Plaid buyers won't option FSD...? Maybe you have one key for when you want to drive Plaid like what you paid for, safety score be damned. The other key is for when you want your Elonmobile to drive you around, hopefully safely. Someone will figure out way to game the safety score. Me personally - zero interest in FSD. I like to drive (that's why I got a Porsche) and there are just way too many stupid people who are allowed to drive.
I think FSD is standard with the Plaid.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
"I spent the evening driving 55mph on the highway to try to get my score up which of course pissed of just about everybody EXCEPT the other Tesla I saw doing the same thing.
So you are saying, that when I drive now, I not only get Chinese social score but also EM safety score? Will sell like hot cake over here! :giggle:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Maybe I'll go to the Tesla forum to talk about why the Taycan is the better car, that would be quite annoying, don't you think?
Yeah you could do that. But then they already have to deal with a shitty car. :lipssealed:

The real issue are the fanboy lies. It's like me posting in a T forum:
  • Without the Porsche Taycan, the Plaid would not exist.
  • Porsche saved T from bankruptcy.
  • Porsche InnoDrive was the reason FSD exists today.
  • Without Porsche racing cars the plaid would not have the yoke.
  • Without the Porsche hybrid race car, T would not exit.
  • Porsche totally disrupted the car industry.
  • And just to be clear, without Porsche, we would all live in caves!
More fanboy lies? :facepalm:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Even Buik (GM Brand) has an EV on the road!

Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo S vs. Model S Plaid - really by this much!? 20211011_075516

Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo S vs. Model S Plaid - really by this much!? 20211011_075518

Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo S vs. Model S Plaid - really by this much!? 20211011_075523

Is this model coming to the US market to "compete" with T?