Taycan Turbo S vs. Model S Plaid - really by this much!?

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
As part of the wider rollout of FSD (Full self driving) to a larger set of Tesla owners, Tesla requires monitoring their driving to determine a "Safety Score". If their score is below some threshold set by Tesla, then no FSD for you. The "Safety Score" is based on the following metrics:

1. Forward Collision Warnings per 1,000 Miles
  2. Hard Braking
  3. Aggressive Turning
  4. Unsafe Following
  5. Forced Autopilot Disengagement

So now you have all of these Tesla owners, who paid a lot of money for their car and at least $6k-$10k for FSD, who are driving around like a stereotypical old Grandma to get their "Safety Score" up in order to get FSD access.

So go ahead and buy your Model 3 Performance or Model S Plaid, but don't drive it fast, otherwise your "Safety Score" will drop and you'll lose access to your $10k vapor ware upgrade. This is all quite comical. A lot of the members on TMC have even complained their own Autopilot has trigger "Safety Score" warnings because it suddenly hit the brakes too hard.

https://www.tesla.com/support/safety-score

FSD Beta is impressive and I don't see any other major automaker even close. However, they seem to be a really long way from true Level 5 self driving, and I don't know if Tesla will ever get there with a vision only system. But the way they have advertised FSD, charged for a feature that doesn't exist, and then rely on their own customers for Beta testing on open streets is a disaster in the making.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
As part of the wider rollout of FSD (Full self driving) to a larger set of Tesla owners, Tesla requires monitoring their driving to determine a "Safety Score". If their score is below some threshold set by Tesla, then no FSD for you. The "Safety Score" is based on the following metrics:

2. Hard Braking
  3. Aggressive Turning
  4. Unsafe Following

So now you have all of these Tesla owners, who paid a lot of money for their car and at least $6k-$10k for FSD, who are driving around like a stereotypical old Grandma to get their "Safety Score" up in order to get FSD access.

So go ahead and buy your Model 3 Performance or Model S Plaid, but don't drive it fast, otherwise your "Safety Score" will drop and you'll lose access to your $10k vapor ware upgrade. This is all quite comical. A lot of the members on TMC have even complained their own Autopilot has trigger "Safety Score" warnings because it suddenly hit the brakes too hard.

FSD Beta is impressive and I don't see any other major automaker even close. However, they seem to be a really long way from true Level 5 self driving, and I don't know if Tesla will ever get there with a vision only system. But the way they have advertised FSD, charged for a feature that doesn't exist, and then rely on their own customers for Beta testing on open streets is a disaster in the making.
You are making this sh*t up, aren't you? :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot

2. Hard Braking
  3. Aggressive Turning
  4. Unsafe Following

As long as you have to monitor what the car is doing it's NOT FULLY SELF DRIVING (that even goes for "Autopilot").
C'mon people, THINK!
My god, what morons pay for this feature anyway??
It's a luxurious ACC, nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I still wonder why we, on this Taycan forum, should know all this "truth" about Tesla.
Actually, I couldn't care less.

Some desperately trying to be objective but it's becoming quite annoying to see such "objective fanboyism" about Tesla.
Actually, it's becoming Goebbels propaganda machine all over again.
Page 35.
The continual use of the fanboy term is an ad hominem attack on the character of those who disagree with you rather than dealing with the facts.

The phrase Gobbels propraganda is similar but more extreme.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
What a f***cking dumper-fire of a thread…

I don’t have the energy for this.

I asked my question; I got my answer.
You’re all welcome to believe whatever you want.?‍♂ No harm to me.

I’ll be done with this thread now.
You'll be back. This thread is like driving by a traffic accident. You just have to look.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
The continual use of the fanboy term is an ad hominem attack on the character of those who disagree with you rather than dealing with the facts.

The phrase Gobbels propraganda is similar but more extreme.
1. You are doing the exact same thing.
Do you see the irony in your reply?
I'm not interested in Tesla so I couldn't care less about the "facts".
Especially cuz I'm on a Taycan forum.
I'm a Taycan fanboy, using the same fanboyism to make a point.
Those characters are the right people in the wrong place though.
Maybe I'll go to the Tesla forum to talk about why the Taycan is the better car, that would be quite annoying, don't you think?
2. You missed the Godwin joke. ?
3. Topics like this should explode in flamewars so I'm still hanging on to watch... ?

Last edited:

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thank you. I didn't know about Godwin's law. Now I have to reread this whole thread to see who first raised the subject of Nazis.

• Haha
Reactions: Dee

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
https://electrek.co/2021/09/26/slow...he-fsd-button-what-is-your-safety-score-beta/

Slow Teslas everywhere: 24 hours into ‘the FSD button’, what is your Safety Score (Beta)?

"I spent the evening driving 55mph on the highway to try to get my score up which of course pissed of just about everybody EXCEPT the other Tesla I saw doing the same thing. Perhaps he was trying to get his score up as well. In fact, Facebook and Twitter are littered with people trying to get their scores up by driving slowly."

"Even though I didn’t see the Safety Score Beta menu item in my app, I knew I was now being graded so I took it extremely slow. Unfortunately, the Tesla already sees 2 issues before I leave my driveway. One is a rock and a tree it thinks is an oncoming car and has been happening intermittently for months. The second is leaves on the driveway which it thinks I need to take control over even if I’m driving straight down my driveway. So before I even leave my driveway, I have 2 dings on my score. A third ding was when I was in AP and a lane closure forced an AP freakout and subsequent disengage and slamming on the brakes. Also, if you don’t follow the car in front of you relatively closely around here, people cut in front of you, causing another “unsafe following” ding – a Catch-22."

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
https://electrek.co/2021/09/26/slow...he-fsd-button-what-is-your-safety-score-beta/

Slow Teslas everywhere: 24 hours into ‘the FSD button’, what is your Safety Score (Beta)?

"I spent the evening driving 55mph on the highway to try to get my score up which of course pissed of just about everybody EXCEPT the other Tesla I saw doing the same thing. Perhaps he was trying to get his score up as well. In fact, Facebook and Twitter are littered with people trying to get their scores up by driving slowly."

"Even though I didn’t see the Safety Score Beta menu item in my app, I knew I was now being graded so I took it extremely slow. Unfortunately, the Tesla already sees 2 issues before I leave my driveway. One is a rock and a tree it thinks is an oncoming car and has been happening intermittently for months. The second is leaves on the driveway which it thinks I need to take control over even if I’m driving straight down my driveway. So before I even leave my driveway, I have 2 dings on my score. A third ding was when I was in AP and a lane closure forced an AP freakout and subsequent disengage and slamming on the brakes. Also, if you don’t follow the car in front of you relatively closely around here, people cut in front of you, causing another “unsafe following” ding – a Catch-22."
And why do you think this is interesting to post on a Taycan page?
Are you suggesting Tesla drivers are stupid or something??

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And why do you think this is interesting to post on a Taycan page?
Are you suggesting Tesla drivers are stupid or something??
This entire thread is about the Taycan vs. Tesla Model S Plaid.

If you aren't interested in reading about what is going on with Tesla, the you are free to ignore this thread.

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
FSD (Full self driving) is arguably Tesla's biggest claim for why their valuation is so high. They insist that Robo-taxis and self driving cars will bring in huge amounts of future revenue. Their car sales alone will never justify the $700B+ market cap. I'm sure Porsche and other automakers are paying attention, but so far Tesla has fallen way short in delivering their promised FSD.

Autopilot and FSD is a feature that is frequently used as a reason to buy a Tesla over other brands, including Porsche. So yes, I find it a bit comical when their owners go through some pretty big compromises and risks to feed the cult of Elon.
Sponsored