TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
@Vim Schrotnock
Agree, I still think that’s the simplest and most cost effective solution
5 spoke vs 7 spoke difference which isn’t that big of a deal
I bet the all white inner wheel drums would look stunning

What about just powder coating the interior wheel drums on the stock wheels? Someone who's good with photoshop can give us a look...

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’m working on getting some Mission-E-ish looking 20 inch wheels to use as snows. I’ll post a rendering when I have it.

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
No luck yet with these Rotiform wheels?
I should have my Turbo S in the next couple weeks and thought I would ask my detailed to wrap the inner drum area in white so visually we can see how the stock 21 mission e wheels look in solid white / black spokes

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
I was finally able to order a set
In the same size and offset as my HRE wheels..... don’t know how long it will take ans am not sure when I’ll get them but I am getting them exactly to my specifications. :) about the same final price as my HREs so not cheap.....now I just need to use my new lowering Links and I’ll be all set!

Reactions: Dee

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo S with Mission E Concept style wheels 4BC3581F-6BB3-4D53-BE53-B2F6AF73D64E

Just ordered a set of these Savini “mission e style” 20 inch wheels today. $4928 with mounted and balanced Pirelli P-zero snow tires, and Porsche TPMS sensors. 9 inch front, 11 inch rear. White ring painted in Carrara white metallic. I’ll post pictures of them on the car when I get them.

Reactions: Dee

Kevin2dx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 McLaren 720S
Country flag
In the same size and offset as my HRE wheels..... don’t know how long it will take ans am not sure when I’ll get them but I am getting them exactly to my specifications. :) about the same final price as my HREs so not cheap.....now I just need to use my new lowering Links and I’ll be all set!
Just curious how come you didn't go with the same size/offsets as JP Performance? Is it more aggressive or less?

Jay-2505

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5
Country flag
Hi Felix!

Did you order them from JP directly or how did you manage to do that? Also, which sizes did you choose in particular?

Best,
Jay :)

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi Felix!

Did you order them from JP directly or how did you manage to do that? Also, which sizes did you choose in particular?

Best,
Jay :)
No I ordered them via a friend of mine in the aftermarket wheel business. and actually ordered two sets.... one for the summer with 21” in the front and 22” in the back. and the other set for winter are 20” front and 21” in the back

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just curious how come you didn't go with the same size/offsets as JP Performance? Is it more aggressive or less?
Because I want the staggered front and rear even in wheel diameter which gives the car a more agressive stance

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Because I want the staggered front and rear even in wheel diameter which gives the car a more agressive stance
The settings menu for the tire pressure monitoring system only provides options for identically sized front and rear wheels (19/19, 20/20, 21/21). Which setting did you choose, and is your TPM functioning correctly as a result? I have staggered 20/21 wheels arriving in a few weeks and am wondering if everything will function correctly.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
No I ordered them via a friend of mine in the aftermarket wheel business. and actually ordered two sets.... one for the summer with 21” in the front and 22” in the back. and the other set for winter are 20” front and 21” in the back
But are they from Rotiform?
And if so, how did your order them cuz that was the initial question.

What color did you order?
Cuz your car has the "Gulf livery" so it won't be the Mission E look, right?

Looking fwd to your answers and the wheels!
:)

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
But are they from Rotiform?
And if so, how did your order them cuz that was the initial question.

What color did you order?
Cuz your car has the "Gulf livery" so it won't be the Mission E look, right?

Looking fwd to your answers and the wheels!
:)
Yes, via my wholesaler directly from Rotiform after a good couple of weeks of haggling. The summer set will have an orange drum and the winter set will have the drum in Porsche Frozen blue. Both have the spokes in satin black. And the Rotiform center cap. This I plan to CNC a reservation into for the Porsche crest as I did on my HRE wheels.

Last edited:

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Fo
The settings menu for the tire pressure monitoring system only provides options for identically sized front and rear wheels (19/19, 20/20, 21/21). Which setting did you choose, and is your TPM functioning correctly as a result? I have staggered 20/21 wheels arriving in a few weeks and am wondering if everything will function correctly.
For my HRE wheels I use the 21” setup and the TPM sensors work just great. Since my tires are wider than originals but lower profile to keep same trotational distance the volume is about the same as for 21s so no real problem. So I am planing to use the 20” setup for the 20-21” set. With the same reasoning.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
.... one for the summer with 21” in the front and 22” in the back...
Personally, I think 22" is too big for a Taycan, makes the car looks too small but with the staggered set I'm really curious how that'll look.
Can't wait!
I'm thinking of 21" all around...
Sponsored