Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
I like your debadged car now fully disguised as a GTS with those wheels.
I like the colour coded Turbo body kit and interior blue too.
Very nice
A word of warning!
Its too early for summer shoes!
Don't come up north until May, It was 1 degree in Lancashire this morning.
Welcome to the wonderful Ackerman effect with those wheels
Look good though.

OP
OP
kempez

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
I like your debadged car now fully disguised as a GTS with those wheels.
I like the colour coded Turbo body kit and interior blue too.
Very nice
A word of warning!
Its too early for summer shoes!
Don't come up north until May, It was 1 degree in Lancashire this morning.
Welcome to the wonderful Ackerman effect with those wheels
Look good though.
thanks mate, appreciated

No plans to go North of the Watford gap any time soon 😁. Here in the Costa Del Saaf it’s a good time to swap, morning temps are going up and mainly it’s rain to worry about, which these will deal with fine 👍🏻

Am expecting a drop in range, but then the temperature heading up will compensate for it I think, at least partially. Have been getting some good efficiency with the winter boots actually, better than I had thought: guess-o-meter reads 190 miles at 80% 👍🏻

OP
OP
kempez

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
More grip and harder ride?
The ride isn’t harder noticeably. Initial impressions are that NVH is (unsurprisingly), higher and grip is definitely improved. Rolling resistance is noticeably worse when the motors are decoupled. Whilst this makes total sense, I don’t think I expected it to be really quite noticeable in normal driving. Turn in feels sharper too, but that’s probably winter to summer tyres: I always think winters feel a little “up on tiptoes” anyway.

Last edited:

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Summer boots on. I may update with differences between these and the 20" Turbo Aero rims, if anyone is interested. Initial impression is that there are marked differences even on a short journey!

IMG_6082.jpeg

IMG_6073.jpeg

IMG_6079.jpeg

IMG_6084.jpeg
New rims look great Matt. Keep us posted on how you find them and range 👍

OP
OP
kempez

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The pay off is pretty decent on 21" rims vs 20" rims, but given it's much warmer now I'm not too surprised. My last months of journeys see me averaging 2.6 mi/kWh and really that's a lot of local and very short journeys (the best being a 3.2mi/kWh and even a 2.9mi/kWh for a 10 minute hop across the road), mainly due to football season being done and football tournament season not starting. Essentially I know that the 20" would squeeze out at least another .2 mi-kWh but the pay off in ride and precision is worth it. The wider tyres really do bite well...

And imo the wheels look spot on - I've received quite a few compliments on them and the colour, especially in the sun

Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo Sport Turismo arrives in the cold and dark! IMG_6726 (1)

Last edited:

magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
(if you however don't believe it, print it out, cut out the squares and compare them right next to each other, or take a piece of thick paper that blocks your screen well, then make two holes where the two squares are and see that they are in fact the same)
You can also squint to the point where your eyes are juuuust barely open, and everything is a blurry mess. The lowpass filter make your brain "forget" that you're looking at a shadow. Works well for me, the two colors look completely different when looking at it normally, identical if I squint enough.
Sponsored