svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
wow, how do you even crash like this? Looks like falling from the sky - all wheels are telescoped in, not much damage to the body.... Very sad to see.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Listed on Copart, an online salvage auction, is this crashed Taycan Turbo. Adding to the sad sight is the fact that this Taycan was wrecked with only 15 miles on the odometer.
Terrible to see. Hopefully it was a dealer demo so there is no owner who needs to wait a long time for a replacement.

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
It doesn't look like the passenger compartment was heavily impacted. I hope everyone is ok.

Hitting this car would be like hitting a tree, it's so heavy and solid.

Sport Mode

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S P100D, Range Rover SVR, Porsche 4S, De Tomaso Pantera
Country flag
Very unfortunate. I imagine getting parts to fix it will take a long, long time....

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Too much car.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I have had mine for over 1000 miles and I STILL won’t push the car under all circumstances. And I have quite a bit of stick time in fast EVs (and cars like turbo Alfas, etc). It is another level of responsive. Can you imagine coming from what you consider to be a “fast” sports ICE, going around a corner, then flooring it in anticipation BEFORE you have fully finished the turn because you are used to 200-500 ms of lag. And then discovering there is no lag and you just flung sideways?

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
This reminds me of the time I picked up my brand new Panamera GTS. As I was driving back to San Francisco passing SFO and just further up the road a driver in front of me apparently fell asleep at the wheel bounced off the metal divide hit a semi bounced off the semi, just allowing me a 10 foot gap between the two to drive through in a car with less than 12 miles on it. Had we hit it would have been head on! Si$t happens....

KerbMonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
?
Country flag
Looks to me as if it slid sideways into high curb collapsing the left side wheels suspension. The other side no where near as much damage and might be sitting funny due the left side suspension collapsed

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
Listed on Copart, an online salvage auction, is this crashed Taycan Turbo. Adding to the sad sight is the fact that this Taycan was wrecked with only 15 miles on the odometer.

Wrecked Crashed Taycan Turbo 1.jpg
Wrecked Crashed Taycan Turbo 2.jpg
Wrecked Crashed Taycan Turbo 3.jpg
Wrecked Crashed Taycan Turbo 4.jpg
Wrecked Crashed Taycan Turbo 5.jpg
Wrecked Crashed Taycan Turbo 6.jpg
Hard to assume what happened but definitely sad to see.

I have not owned many fast cars so my Turbo has been pretty eye popping for me. 2 nights ago I was on our 696 freeway which in Michigan EVERYONE drives fast. Barely any cars on the road and I saw someone coming up fast behind me. I was going maybe 80. This person I could tell wanted to look at my car and show off his. It was some kind of BMW, very nice but no clue what model or anything. But I did see the BMW front end. Well he pulled up alongside of me and his car was barking, again not sure what was in it but it was loud. He kept punching it to get me to bite. So finally and for the first time on the freeway I punched it back. I still am baffled at how fast I was going in a matter of seconds. I looked down and saw I was going 144 and backed off immediately. He then caught back up, acknowledged how super quick these are with a thumbs up out his window. At over 140 it was dangerously smooth driving and easy to see how much trouble you can get into with these cars.

I mentioned on another thread I am in the landscaping field and right now it is all hands on deck because we lost so much time from the shutdown. So I am in the field with the crews for some of the day. So after work I rush home, shower as fast as possible and just start driving. I come up with things I "need" just for an excuse to drive. Then I figure out the longest way to get there !

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag

Wrecked Crashed Taycan Turbo 1.jpg
Wrecked Crashed Taycan Turbo 2.jpg
Wrecked Crashed Taycan Turbo 3.jpg
Wrecked Crashed Taycan Turbo 4.jpg
Wrecked Crashed Taycan Turbo 5.jpg
Wrecked Crashed Taycan Turbo 6.jpg
And the car comes from Jack Daniels Porsche in New Jersey (from license plate).....serving Jack Daniels when you pick up car?:CWL:

From description on Copart, the undercarriage is damaged.....which we know as the battery....LOL
https://www.copart.com/lot/36066690
I started out with my first business 32 years ago importing auto body parts from Taiwan....selling mostly to car rebuilders, used car dealers and body shops......Always went to salvage auctions. My first Porsche I bought in the 1980s when I was 24 was actually like this Taycan, a wrecked one that also probably slid sideways, but mine had hit a tree or pole so needed new door. Somebody could make a fortune off this car

Last edited:

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have had mine for over 1000 miles and I STILL won’t push the car under all circumstances. And I have quite a bit of stick time in fast EVs (and cars like turbo Alfas, etc). It is another level of responsive. Can you imagine coming from what you consider to be a “fast” sports ICE, going around a corner, then flooring it in anticipation BEFORE you have fully finished the turn because you are used to 200-500 ms of lag. And then discovering there is no lag and you just flung sideways?
Agreed. With the turbo s, when I floored it, I felt like I no longer was in control.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am reminded of the Speed Racer Anime from when I was a kid. I was scared of the episode with the dangerous GRX engine - particularly the part where they dug up the engine from it's grave at the Spook Cemetary.

It is an extremely powerful and dangerous racing engine designed and built by automotive genius Ben Cranem. It could reach velocities so high that it negatively affects the driver's sense of coordination. Ten years prior to the events of the series, it took the lives of five test drivers, with Cranem himself being one of them. The GRX had gained notoriety from these events among automotive experts, Pops Racer included. Five years after the crash that had killed Cranem, the engine was buried with the body of its creator at the Spook Cemetary. In Part 1, the GRX was unearthed from Ben Cranem's grave by Oriana Flub and her subordinates, who intended to use it to win the Grand Prix of the Orient.
Sponsored