Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Wow, hope everyone in the vehicle was ok but if you look you can see the side airbags deployed and the spoiler was fully up, I wonder how fast it was going?
Sponsored

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Agreed. With the turbo s, when I floored it, I felt like I no longer was in control.
I am not ready yet, the car will be in control, the problem lies between steering wheel/throttle input and the back of the driver seat!

Some of it is learning the car and its limits and behaviours, I had the same thing with the Alfa 4C. The first time I put it in Alfa race mode and took a turn I immediately took it out of that mode, changed my pants and waited a while to learn the car before I did it again.

Last edited:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
this makes me sad - I hope there was no personal injury.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Random Unimportant Fact: That's a launch car. Identical build to mine. (and within just a few VINs)

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I'm glad I don't hold the record anymore...
Mine was rear-ended 5 weeks ago, only 86km, still waiting for parts... :)
Ouch! So sorry to hear. How bad?

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
wow, how do you even crash like this? Looks like falling from the sky - all wheels are telescoped in, not much damage to the body.... Very sad to see.
The Taycan has small explosives that separate the air suspension at a accident.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Don’t know but got the information from my PC this week. Maybe some deformation programing to make it safer?
I highly doubt that.
I can imagining the air chambers explode under high impact but using "explosives" sounds very unlikely... :)

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hard to assume what happened but definitely sad to see.

I have not owned many fast cars so my Turbo has been pretty eye popping for me. 2 nights ago I was on our 696 freeway which in Michigan EVERYONE drives fast. Barely any cars on the road and I saw someone coming up fast behind me. I was going maybe 80. This person I could tell wanted to look at my car and show off his. It was some kind of BMW, very nice but no clue what model or anything. But I did see the BMW front end. Well he pulled up alongside of me and his car was barking, again not sure what was in it but it was loud. He kept punching it to get me to bite. So finally and for the first time on the freeway I punched it back. I still am baffled at how fast I was going in a matter of seconds. I looked down and saw I was going 144 and backed off immediately. He then caught back up, acknowledged how super quick these are with a thumbs up out his window. At over 140 it was dangerously smooth driving and easy to see how much trouble you can get into with these cars.

I mentioned on another thread I am in the landscaping field and right now it is all hands on deck because we lost so much time from the shutdown. So I am in the field with the crews for some of the day. So after work I rush home, shower as fast as possible and just start driving. I come up with things I "need" just for an excuse to drive. Then I figure out the longest way to get there !
these cars are just delightful. Such a rush and so very smooth.

seriously, if you push it for more than 2 seconds, you’re doing felony arrest speed. On the bright side, nobody actually needs more power than the 4S.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
I highly doubt that.
I can imagining the air chambers explode under high impact but using "explosives" sounds very unlikely... :)
Its an big black plastic box arround the front air suspension lower parts..