kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I did not watch every second of it. But literally everybody in the comments seem to hate the Taycan driver and jump to hating on the Taycan itself. I have no clue why and how this comparison makes any sense. Almost twice the weight and less power for the Taycan. The "you can't tune your car" jokes etc. I know Hoonigans is a petrol head channel but this video makes no sense.

OP
OP
Kingske

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I did not watch every second of it. But literally everybody in the comments seem to hate the Taycan driver and jump to hating on the Taycan itself. I have no clue why and how this comparison makes any sense. Almost twice the weight and less power for the Taycan. The "you can't tune your car" jokes etc. I know Hoonigans is a petrol head channel but this video makes no sense.
It makes sense as a documentary on the last breaths of life of the almost-extinct dinosaurs. Let’s not forget that ICEs run on fossil fuel...

Last edited:

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
The Taycan driver was talking smack to her. Towards the end I was going for the Vette too

PorscheLuvR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (2021)
Country flag
Everyone saw it. Out of the box Mid Range Taycan holds its own against a heavily modified corvette. If it was not for the Capped Max speed of the Taycan, (I am sure they could pull more out of the Taycan if they wanted to) there would be no comparison.

the message is clear though, 1st Gen Porsche EV vs 60+ years of Corvette, I know where the future is.

I do miss the sound of a sweetly tuned engine however......

mokre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
I think it's seriously impressive that the Taycan can hold its own against Emelia's C8. Don't forget the C8 was on drag tires and running on C16 race fuel.

Both are awesome cars, for very different reasons.

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
It's crazy that we always talk about the sound of a sweetly tuned engine, however they are always dubbed over in advertisements and cinema. Good enough is never good enough.

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
It makes sense as a documentary on the last breaths of life of the almost-extinct dinosaurs. Let’s not forget that ICEs run on fossil fuel...
Not to be negative. But most of the electricity we are all using to power our Taycans is also produced by fossil or nuclear fuel. Even those with ”green” electricity, as the total production of green electricity is limited that just means other consumption is pushed to ”non green” electricity.

We are still quite some way from sufficient production of renewable energy to really say EV’s are a giant leap forward from ICEs.

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
It’s very strange, I also thought I would really mis this but the speed at which I have become used to the EV zoom noise is incredible. Contrary to my first instincts I’m not missing traditional ICE engine sound at all.

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
Watched it w/o sound–but isn't the Taycan faster all the time?
Funny…
Sponsored