Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Or you can say i am someone who had really bad experiences with hyundai.

Good luck to you on your new hyundai
It doesn't change the fact that you felt you needed to be heard in a online discussion on a car you give zero craps about, and felt the need to shit on the opinions of those who expressed genuine interest to talk about a potential performance Ioniq 6.

Or perhaps you just felt angry and triggered that someone would dare post about a Hyundai in your precious and holy Porsche forums. Either way it's very small and close minded response.

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
If something's 10x better and cheaper. I would buy it. who cares about the brand. or am I missing something?

-ThinkMac-

Who gives a damn if it were 10 times better than Taycan.
End of the day, it is hyundai.

erhand25

First Name
Erhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
If something's 10x better and cheaper. I would buy it. who cares about the brand. or am I missing something?

-ThinkMac-
Even hyundai doesnt compare themselves with Genesis (which is hyundai also). You guys compare it with porsche.
am I missing something?
Btw it was figure of speech (i can’t believe i had to explain this sht)

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
That literally looks like someone took the VW Beetle and elongated the hell out of it to make it look like a sedan
You’re aware of Porsche history, right?;)

I think the design is bold, and definitely borrows some inspiration from other brands/cars. It’s not 100% to my taste, but I can see people liking it.

The debate is interesting, but Kia/Hyundai are consistently creating excellent cars. Not maybe in the same class as a Porsche, but if you’re looking for a new electric and a Taycan is on your shopping list, then I think you might go and look at a Kia/Hyundai too. Market disruption in action. Not quite comparable, but enough to make people think about it.

Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
You’re aware of Porsche history, right?;)

I think the design is bold, and definitely borrows some inspiration from other brands/cars. It’s not 100% to my taste, but I can see people liking it.

The debate is interesting, but Kia/Hyundai are consistently creating excellent cars. Not maybe in the same class as a Porsche, but if you’re looking for a new electric and a Taycan is on your shopping list, then I think you might go and look at a Kia/Hyundai too. Market disruption in action. Not quite comparable, but enough to make people think about it.
I think they definitely have a market for it but to me, the car is also the place where I feel like I can hide from the world and it is 100% my own space. Shopping for a car is more than just transportation for me and I feel like a lot of Porsche owners will agree that it is more than just a car for them. In that case, if I can afford something nice, I would.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
I think they definitely have a market for it but to me, the car is also the place where I feel like I can hide from the world and it is 100% my own space. Shopping for a car is more than just transportation for me and I feel like a lot of Porsche owners will agree that it is more than just a car for them. In that case, if I can afford something nice, I would.
i agree or I wouldn’t be here. But these cars are closing the gap and actually quite good to drive. Inside they’re decent. Again, maybe not quite Porsche, but really quite nice. I think a lot of people are blinkered to the fact that they are a viable alternative in the electric market.

Last edited:

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Even hyundai doesnt compare themselves with Genesis (which is hyundai also). You guys compare it with porsche.
am I missing something?
Btw it was figure of speech (i can’t believe i had to explain this sht)
You do realizing we're all just pointing out the myopia of your original statement.

abrookesuk

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 - blt Jun 3, dealer 22 Jun, del me 29..
Country flag
Errrrrr.....that will be a nope
Sponsored