WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Thought it might be of interest here as it's no less reasonable a Taycan alternative than some of the others considered on the forum.
(I couldn't find a thread specifically for the GT variant)

[edit- oops, deleted old video from pre launch]

Sponsored

Last edited:

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
Thought it might be of interest here as it's no less reasonable a Taycan alternative than some of the others considered on the forum.

I'm going to sound like a snob now I know. But sixty odd grand for a Kia family hatch back SUV thingy is mental. It's absolutely fully loaded with tech and pace but that's nuts! It's a Kia. Nice looking thing though.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I totally disagree. $60k for 0-60 in 3.5s, and super nice build quality is a bargain. My brother has a EV6 GT Line so I was able to have an extended review of it. They did a fantastic job with the car.

ben1

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
Very nice car. With extreme performance. And good tech (800V, very fast charging).

OP
OP
WuffvonTrips

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I'm not a fan of the styling- I'd prefer a performance version of the Ioniq 5 (nostalgia for my Integrale). But in general, it takes my heart rather than my head to leave me content with my choice of Taycan v the EV6 GT. If I hadn't already (unwittingly) done so, the availability of cars like this would encourage me make my Taycan as different as possible to the finish available on the others. One of my reasons reason for switching my order from 4S to Turbo was to hope to avoid being trumped (at least in straight-line performance) by more mainstream offerings...though even then the Kia has slightly superior p.w.r. than the Taycan Turbo without overboost.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was on a business trip in North Carolina a few years back and the rental co gave me a midsize Kia SUV, can’t even remember the model. Absolute base model, the dash gauges were literally that old orange dot font. But it drove surprisingly well. I was shocked. Peppy, good suspension and steering.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag

Speaking as a fan of modern Hyundai Kia products:

Is this EV6 GT going out out drive and our handle a Taycan in any trim in the corners and fun driving roads? Absolutely not.

Is this EV6 have the capability to annoy and maybe even embarrass some caught off guard Taycan owners in a red light drag race. Yes very possibly.

For the price, performance standard &optional feature and quality interior is it an amazing value for money? Yes absolutely. 👍🏼

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
My business partner has just ordered the EV6 GT S line (model down from the GT) to replace his Macan.

Its a remarkably good car and not surprising it has won all the accolades this year - including Car of the year.

As they are both Korean companies I liken Hyundai/Kia in cars to what Samsung is to phones.....on a similar journey a few years back.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Very nice car. With extreme performance. And good tech (800V, very fast charging).
Yeah it has the 800v tech, but I was very surprised how quickly it tapers off as the SOC increases. At 85% it was only pulling 28 kW whereas mine was pulling 76.6 right next to it. I know we don’t charge past 85% much but still.

I'm not a fan of the styling- I'd prefer a performance version of the Ioniq 5 (nostalgia for my Integrale). But in general, it takes my heart rather than my head to leave me content with my choice of Taycan v the EV6 GT. If I hadn't already (unwittingly) done so, the availability of cars like this would encourage me make my Taycan as different as possible to the finish available on the others. One of my reasons reason for switching my order from 4S to Turbo was to hope to avoid being trumped (at least in straight-line performance) by more mainstream offerings...though even then the Kia has slightly superior p.w.r. than the Taycan Turbo without overboost.
Styling wise, I prefer the EV6 over tge Ioniq 5, but the Taycan trumps them both easily. Living in Houston, I only have access to straight line acceleration so the turbo was an automatic choice for me. I guess I can go to the track, but if that day ever comes I’d much rather take the 911.

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
My coworker bought one or these after I put her name on a list after I got my Taycan. This car is shockingly good. She doesn't have the GT, but it has refreshingly good styling, looks fast standing still, good roomy albeit kinda plain interior, super fast charging etc. I originally thought I liked the Ioniq 5 more, but it looks kinda awkward and busy now next to this.
I think only of the only other things that would get my money right now is the BMW i4e40, but this is a really great car for the money and will age well.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
I feel the same way wrt the styling: love the ioniq5 but don’t like the ev6 at all. In fact, the ioniq5 is one of my favorite modern car designs. I just wish they’d made it a genesis so that it could be had with some extra luxuries such as real leather, etc. I also really dislike thr styling of the genesis gv60. If I could find an ioniq5 limited without a ridiculous markup I’d probably buy one tomorrow.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
Think it is the best one out there. It's got all the Taycan features. The Ioniq is a shoebox. It's a big car and stares down at me when I park in front of the ones the Kia garage park down the road. Their biggest problem is they canNOT get any. Got nearly 300 customers waiting for cars.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WuffvonTrips

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Think it is the best one out there. It's got all the Taycan features. The Ioniq is a shoebox. It's a big car and stares down at me when I park in front of the ones the Kia garage park down the road. Their biggest problem is they can get any.
Genuinely puzzled- is there are a "not" missing from that last sentence or something?

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
I’ve looked at the EV6 GT from launch and have managed to get a test drive in a non-GT, alongside many car shows. They are excellent cars and Kia/Hyundai have really stepped up their game against all the German luxury brands. I’m still fully focused and excited to get a Taycan, but this would probably have been my choice had I not committed to a deposit in January.