Taycan v. WTF is this thing anyway?

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Taycan v. WTF is this thing anyway? 1657237481395

It is of course the Chinese HiPhi Z, yet another EV that boasts speedy 0-60 times, lots of "futuristic" tech, and design language borrowed from the Pontiac Prozac/Aztek team. The most noteworthy aspect of this car is that it comes (no pun intended) with a little robotic arm to interact with the driver/passengers. Knowing the Chinese as I do, I would not be at all surprised to learn that the purpose of the robotic arm is to "pleasure" the driver.

Here is a quote from the HiPhi company (you really can't make this sh** up) :

In addition to harnessing a combination of lighting, touch, sound, and fragrance, to create an immersive and comforting environment, HiPhi Bot is able to interact with passengers. It comes equipped with the world’s only vehicle-grade, 4-degrees of freedom (DOF), 8-direction infinitely adjustable, high-speed motion robotic arm which can move back and forth in place in less than a second and features control accuracy of up to 0.001mm, being able to perform a variety of delicate movements with barely a noise.​
Sponsored

Schn3ll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera e-hybrid, 2018 Carrera T, 2012 Volt
Country flag
Next time I’m in Shanghai for work (whenever that might be) I’ll see if I can find a showroom, for ya know “research purposes”.

Edit: hopes are dashed… the robotic arm is connected to the AI assistant video screen. This is used to face passengers during interaction.

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
How to activate the positron blaster cannon?
Sponsored