cars97

First Name
nonexist
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
a car
Country flag
Except for the ground clearance, and the body are there anymore differences between the Taycan and the Taycan Cross Turismo.
Sponsored

OP
OP

cars97

First Name
nonexist
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
a car
Country flag
I know there is shorter range and different wheel, but are there more differences?

Last edited:

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
Front headroom increase a little bit, and of course rear headroom.

Exclusive CT wheels.

Exclusive Compass on the Chronosport package.

Gravel mode (different than just ride height).

Roof rails? Is this exclusive to the CT? I'm not sure.

Bike Carrier.

-ThinkMac-

OP
OP

cars97

First Name
nonexist
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
a car
Country flag
Front headroom increase a little bit, and of course rear headroom.

Exclusive CT wheels.

Exclusive Compass on the Chronosport package.

Gravel mode (different than just ride height).

Roof rails? Is this exclusive to the CT? I'm not sure.

Bike Carrier.

-ThinkMac-
Thanks for the help, appreciate it. All of the facts are true, I knew after I did some research.

OP
OP

cars97

First Name
nonexist
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
a car
Country flag
Also there is a range difference between the two, 12 km or 7.45645 miles.

HWY

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I always scratch my head at the Gravel Mode option considering a car with 35 series tires probably is not going to be doing much gravel road driving.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
I always scratch my head at the Gravel Mode option considering a car with 35 series tires probably is not going to be doing much gravel road driving.
Many of us I suspect have two sets of tires/rims: summer high performance and winter/ aggressive tread.

While it says gravel, I understand that it will help in low traction, including snow.

CT is what made me enter the pool. Non CT was interesting but not practical enough for my needs.

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
One thing that is really helpful is how much gravel mode firms the suspension. It seems as if the spring rate is as high or higher than in sport mode.

it does a nice job of preventing the car from bottoming out.

I have a Gen 1 Cayenne with air suspension, and prior to the purchase of the Taycan I thought that all air suspensions were created equal. But the 3 chamber air springs are a big improvement to versatility.

Last edited:

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I use more often than I expected here in Texas. Plenty of uneven gravel roads, dirt/grass parking lots and paved roads with big dips all make the gravel mode very practical for daily driving.

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
The gravel mode has something magic to it? Porsche snow driving test in Swiss, Taycan 4s and CT4s on the same incline, same tyres and alloys size, the 4S couldn’t move, the CT could move like was on tarmac. I have spent a good Hour watching the same drivers going around the small track, stopping the car on the incline and simulate hill starting. The 4s could only go up the incline rolling before the incline. Not from standstill. I wonder if there is an electronic diff lock on the CT?Maybe not on the Taycan 4s to keep it more reponsive on spirited drive?

abatis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I live 1.3 miles down a gravel road. I always hit Gravel mode. The county doesn't do a great job on the road.

Old man

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 cross Turismo 2022 VWSportwagen TDI 20
Country flag
The gravel mode has something magic to it? Porsche snow driving test in Swiss, Taycan 4s and CT4s on the same incline, same tyres and alloys size, the 4S couldn’t move, the CT could move like was on tarmac. I have spent a good Hour watching the same drivers going around the small track, stopping the car on the incline and simulate hill starting. The 4s could only go up the incline rolling before the incline. Not from standstill. I wonder if there is an electronic diff lock on the CT?Maybe not on the Taycan 4s to keep it more reponsive on spirited drive?

Living in Maine I always use gravel mode on snow roads. I wonder if 4WD is still available in normal mode after the last update which only uses 1/2 of the motors??

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
The main difference between sedan and CT is a the trunk and its opening of course. Taycan sedan was interesting to me, but a non-started due to its small trunk. CT resolved that concern. I need one car for fun and every day use, which includes from time to time transporting larger items, or simply loading a cart full of Costco shopping, neither of which would be possible in a sedan. There is an ST nowadays, which gives you the hatch with no extra clearance if you prefer.
Sponsored