Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

R88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S (sold)
Country flag
I'm scheduled to be on vessel 8/6. Arrived at port 7/19. Heading to Bend, OR eventually via Port of Benicia, CA. Anyone else going to be on my boat? :D
Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? 1627109490261
Sponsored

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Siem Aristotle still sitting at port in Emden. They have an ETA of 7/31 posted for Halifax. They're going to have to get going pretty quickly to make that....

Zetta

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo
Country flag
Hello,

I've been reading the forum for a long time and have found a lot of useful tips, thanks for that at this point.

I ordered on June 9th (more than 6 weeks ago) and have not yet had a delivery date and the car is not even confirmed as production. Is that the same with any of you? The dealer does not provide any information of his own accord.

On the other hand, in response to a request to change (add) an option, the sales assistant said it was probably no longer possible. That is a contradiction in terms.

What do you think of that?

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
They have posted an ETA in Halifax of 7/31. May be getting ready to leave port.
Is that enough days to get from Emden to Halifax? Still moored as of this morning.

@schad Is your car on this ship too? Where are you located?

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Hello,

I've been reading the forum for a long time and have found a lot of useful tips, thanks for that at this point.

I ordered on June 9th (more than 6 weeks ago) and have not yet had a delivery date and the car is not even confirmed as production. Is that the same with any of you? The dealer does not provide any information of his own accord.

On the other hand, in response to a request to change (add) an option, the sales assistant said it was probably no longer possible. That is a contradiction in terms.

What do you think of that?
You need to find another Dealer. You should have received a Commission number the day you gave the Dealer a small deposit. If a Dealer says,” don’t worry I can get you a Car“, but doesn’t have an allocation you could wait months before he gets the Allocation. If the Car were really ordered you would have received an e mail from Porsche(track your dreams) in a few days.

Reactions: B61

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You need to find another Dealer. You should have received a Commission number the day you gave the Dealer a small deposit. If a Dealer says,” don’t worry I can get you a Car“, but doesn’t have an allocation you could wait months before he gets the Allocation. If the Car were really ordered you would have received an e mail from Porsche(track your dreams) in a few days.
Don't think Track Your Dream is available in Austria. And not sure what info is available through dealers to get true updates on status. I would ask the dealership to confirm that an allocation has been provided - it may not be. In either case, if ordered 6 weeks ago it wouldn't be surprising to hear that the car is not yet in production. But I would press the dealer pretty hard to see what documentation they can provide on the car's status.

Reactions: B61

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is that enough days to get from Emden to Halifax? Still moored as of this morning.

No, don't think that's a realistic timeline. But it is posted on both Marine Traffic and Fleetmon.

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Don't think Track Your Dream is available in Austria. And not sure what info is available through dealers to get true updates on status. I would ask the dealership to confirm that an allocation has been provided - it may not be. In either case, if ordered 6 weeks ago it wouldn't be surprising to hear that the car is not yet in production. But I would press the dealer pretty hard to see what documentation they can provide on the car's status.
I would think that he would at least have a Commission number unless the system is different in Austria.

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would think that he would at least have a Commission number unless the system is different in Austria.
Right, but commission number doesn't tell much. It's assigned with the order, but doesn't mean an allocation has been provided. Status is V070 at order with comm number, V200 with allocation. I would also be surprised if the Austrian dealer couldn't provide that info, but have no idea what systems they have access to.

Zetta

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for your answers, I will ask this on monday and will report here again.

Zetta

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What I forgot to write - It was a dealer order with an allocation (production) for august, that I could change with my configuration. The contract states that it is an August production with delivery in September.

With all my other Porsche orders, I was used to the fact that the production was confirmed 1-2 weeks after the purchase contract.

Last edited:

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Siem Aristotle still sitting at port in Emden. They have an ETA of 7/31 posted for Halifax. They're going to have to get going pretty quickly to make that....
That’s what I was thinking. I was hoping they are working weekends due to all the supply chain shortages.

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s what I was thinking. I was hoping they are working weekends due to all the supply chain shortages.
I don't think the supply chain shortages are going to increase workload at the port - probably fewer cars to move through versus more. It seems that cars are getting on boats pretty quickly these days - mine arrived at the port when the Bishu Highway was 'at anchor' for a couple days outside Emden and it made it on.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My TYD email took 2 weeks from deposit. It was a dealer allocation build and was in production 12 days after my deposit. Seems most get their TYD emails faster.

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag

Yep. I’m in New Hampshire. I think my car comes via Rhode Island, so right after Halifax.
Sponsored