Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

MetallicBlue

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audii Q7
Country flag
I was on the waiting list for almost a year, then got a call just after Christmas. I put a $5k USD deposit down that day and have a March 5th build date, with a May 22nd-27th delivery date to my local dealer in TX.

RobboWWFC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi RobboWWFC, I'm guessing from your display picture you may be in a similar part of the UK to me..!

I didn't order from Wolverhampton (they were absolute **** on the phone to be honest)... Have ordered from another nearby dealer a bit further south....

Can I ask - has anyone had any random fees applied to their build? Final invoice was presented to me yesterday with a sneaky £144 additional "dealer OTR fee" on the bottom. I have told them to bugger off, it's bad enough paying full RRP for a £100k+ car that will probably depreciate like a stone, without them sneaking extra things in.

My build is now "locked", so hoping for delivery April-ish... but dealer hasn't exactly been forthcoming with information. Placed deposit back in early September. Have seen zero through the post/etc, just our handful emails back and forth.
Mid-march delivery. I'm buzzing.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Start production 17 January finished 24 of January...
great to hear! for my turbo s to Switzerland it appears to still be early days in the waiting line. I have the first allocation for a turbo s for Switzerland but it has not be allocated for production yet by Porsche AG.......... :-(

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
great to hear! for my turbo s to Switzerland it appears to still be early days in the waiting line. I have the first allocation for a turbo s for Switzerland but it has not be allocated for production yet by Porsche AG.......... :-(
I think I’m lucky.. very strange my car will be delivered to me before the resellers demo cars..
But my seller and I goes back 20 years with Porsche cars.. arround ten cars...

Mission_E

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I ordered a Taycan 4S (pretty much Mission e style):
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL7IGQX0

At my local Porsche dealer in Germany I was first person to put down the deposit.
On morning of 14 Oct 2019, when Taycan 4S was announced and online configuration available, I locked in my order. My dealer confirmed me to get one of the very first available delivery dates for Taycan 4S in Germany.

In November 2019 my original production date 17 Jan 2020 was postponed by 2 weeks to 31 Jan 2020 due to the general delay of all Taycan productions. I have now a confirmed pickup date on 7 Feb 2020. In Germany you have the option to pick up your car at your local dealer or directly from the Porsche factory in Stuttgart (including lunch and some show part during delivery) - I will go for factory pick up.

Around my home there are some hundred kilometers of German "Autobahn", which have no speed limits at all - after I will make some launch controls and drivings for 1-2 hours with constant 250 km/h (155 mph) you will get forum driver feedback if it will be possible with a 4S and performance battery plus to have even less range than the 201 EPA Turbo miles ;)

Looking forward to my upcoming Mission 4S!
Hi Mission4S....thx for the update. I registered my interest in the Taycan with Porsche Australia in August 2018. I’m hoping that the 4S will be available later in 2020. Keen to hear your feedback in February. Mike

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi Mission4S....thx for the update. I registered my interest in the Taycan with Porsche Australia in August 2018. I’m hoping that the 4S will be available later in 2020. Keen to hear your feedback in February. Mike
Mission_E, brings back memories, I lived in Germany for a couple of years and I had a beat up Audi, going 147 mph on the autobahn, thought I was flying, then out of nowhere a red Porsche was inches from my bumper with his blinker onand passed me like a flash. Awe.. good times.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Start production 17 January finished 24 of January...
Interesting that your schedule has it done in a week.
My schedule has it entering the body shop on 1/24 and finishing production on 2/14. I am hoping that means that they just put a lot of cushion in that schedule and it may be done earlier.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Interesting that your schedule has it done in a week.
My schedule has it entering the body shop on 1/24 and finishing production on 2/14. I am hoping that means that they just put a lot of cushion in that schedule and it may be done earlier.
Uppdate it went into production 9/1 and will be finished 24/1