Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
Just joined the forum.

My local dealer in Colorado said they are still waiting on allocations but they expect deliveries to start Q1 2020. I specifically requested my Turbo being delivered no earlier than March/April for personal reasons, and my SA implied that was no problem and would work out perfect with first deliveries.

He also said that he expects first orders to lock in Nov/Dec time frame.
Sponsored

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealer said “I’m glad you’re enjoying your 911”. He implied they hadn’t started production for the states yet. Different EV connectors make it slightly different than the European build.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Ordered yesterday. Was told January. Crappy time to pickup a Porsche in Cincinnati - I almost hope it's March...

I'm getting the summer tires on the Turbo S, and will get winter tires - hopefully I can find 21's to fit on the same wheels. Broke down and got the mission E wheels painted in body color (metallic white).
Really?.....you configed and ordered?.....Are you the 1st in the U.S.?
My deposit over 2 yrs ago.....top of the list here but no word yet on ordering.
BTW.....on tires...Pirelli does make Winter 21 Sotos in the 265/35 and 305/30.....however, assume you know that Porsche's recommended winter fitment is 245/40 and 285/40 in 9J and 11J 20's.
Personally I will not be going 11J for snow.....but will have dedicated winter rims.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Will also go dedicated winter rims!

Eisbärenhöhle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
... clearly too many of them
Country flag
Will also go dedicated winter rims!
I guess a good idea in Switzerland :like: ... my Turbo with mission-e-body-color-wheels arrives on February ... paid (2.5k) on day 1 of official prepaid announcement back in 2017.

... and good news : 22kW charger will be retrofitted free of charge when available later in 2020 .... and „Welcome function incl. ice blue PORSCHE“ will be offered aftermarket from Porsche Exclusive department end of year 2020 ... nice to know for us „Early Adoptors“.

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN TURBO in production - (Tesla S-SOLD), Cayenne, MB 300 SUV
Country flag
Who has ordered and a delivery date?

I only received a „unconfirmed 03/2020“.

Production starts monday, was hoping to get it 2019.
Ordered with specs I want adding in "heads up display" if available. Dealer estimates delivery in the Spring from March-May. My deposit has been in over one year. Hope more colors will be available after the first of the year and will have the opportunity for more choices but will go with my order if nothing else pops up. Car ordered was the TURBO.

BenJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi,

ordered on Monday and the delivery is expected for February (in France).
I was paid a deposit one year ago.

Jraeven

First Name
Joop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo (cab), Cayenne S, AMG GT-C, Audi R8
Country flag
Just got the confermation from my dealer production december delivery end of january! (ordered Turbo)

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You all make me sads. My dealer won’t take my money and hasn’t given me an ETA for even ordering.

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
You all make me sads. My dealer won’t take my money and hasn’t given me an ETA for even ordering.
I know I will eventually end up with a car, but the process for me (from Silicon Valley...home of Tesla's headquarters...and a zillion of those cars driving around) has been anything but positive. In fact, it's been nothing but frustrating. If it wasn't for this forum and a Google alert I set up about a year ago, I'd know very little about the car. I placed a deposit in May of 2018 for a Taycan. Since then, and even after the rollout and subsequent announcement for the 4S, I have received absolutely zero (0) emails or phone calls from my local dealership and my assigned salesman. I called him on Saturday (October 19) and vented my frustration. His claim is *still* that Porsche has told them nothing and that I'm welcome to use the configurator to design the car I want. But no word on when they may call me to discuss actually ordering it because "we still haven't gotten our allotment yet." This is odd customer service. It would seem to me that they would be calling everyone on their waiting list and scheduling appointments to go through the myriad of choices for the car. I simply don't know enough about Porsche (I've never owned one before) and I can't make heads or tails about which features I'd like. There are tradeoffs...pick one item, it cancels another. I don't understand what I'm doing. I played with it yesterday and my 4S got up to $163,000!

I need help and it seems logical that my sales guy...the man who took my money for deposit (but has never once reached out in a year and a half) would want my business and would proactively try to keep me and all of his clients happy. That simply hasn't happened.

Sigh.

If anybody here is willing to chat with me privately about the choices and how to properly configure the car, I'd be happy to receive that call!

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
It's Porsche...they are one of the most in demand car brands on the planet. You go to them, they don't go to you. They have more demand for the Taycan than they have capacity to build them at this time.

Over the last 20 years I have formed a very close relationship with my the GM and salesman of my Porsche Dealership. I have ordered multiple custom Porsche's from them over the years. They had my deposit for a "Porsche EV" since it was a rumor. The Mission E didn't even exist yet. And I can tell you they don't have allocations and they don't have any info on the Taycan. I have more info from these forums. The Taycan launch in the US is a "paper launch."

You'll hear more (about ordering) from Porsche and your dealership in 2020 when there are allocations available. Don't be in such a rush either because lots of options aren't even available yet and won't be until at least June 2020. Your dealership should be getting a Taycan demo (that is not allowed to be sold) in December and I expect they will have a Taycan event at the dealership to show it off and answer questions.

PM me, I'd be happy to share what I know so far, what I know from ordering cars over the years and how I feel about the value certain options or answer your questions on what a certain option is.
Sponsored