Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
How was your PECATL experience? I am having my Taycan Delivered in July to PEC Atlanta.
Incredible. Will pick up every future Porsche from PEC ATL if possible. In a nutshell if you are a Porsche fanatic it is to us what Disney World is to kids.

Flew down with my wife, stayed in the city at a nice high end hotel, and took a towncar to PEC but next time I think it would be better to just stay in the lower end hotel across the street.

Had an AM delivery so I wouldn't have heavy food in my stomach for the track stuff (lots of spinning on the wet skid pad and kick plate!) and so we could start on our trip home that afternoon.

Just the building and all the cars on display are an incredible experience. As is the tour. But to then have a customized waiting room with your car under a Porsche sheet and have it pulled off inside this beautiful Porsche delivery room was just incredible. Ruined me for every taking a "normal" delivery at a Porsche dealer.

Then to get a clone of your car to go beat on the track is just the icing on the cake. I was able to get the AWD Targa loaner car to do a full revolution around the wet skid pad while driving looking out the drivers side window lol.

Then we had a complimentary lunch at http://www.restaurant356.com/
which was incredible and got to watch other people on the track while we ate.

This delivery was entirely free. No additional cost to my Porsche order, no expenses on site and they even gave me some swag as well as two Porsche leather badge keychains (one black and one red to match my interior). Your name is displayed on screens around the place for your delivery as well as in your delivery room and the best table is reserved for you at the restaurant. You are treated like a rock star the entire time.
I see now they have added a $500 fee to your Porsche order, but it's still worth every penny.

The other bonus to PEC delivery is the drive home. My dealership is 30 min away and you don't get to really know a car in 30 min. But to drive home 1000 miles. That's where you really learn it and fall in love with it.

If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My order went to V250 on 14-Feb-2020.
Thanks! I went on 2/19...so now I know when to bug my sales rep ;)

BTW, did your dealer contact you first, or did you check in with them? I heard that when it starts production, Porsche, Germany sends an email out, but I don't know if that is just for Europe, or just a dealer who happened to check.

Thanks again.

edit: wait, just realized you said the start of production was 4 days early. My start of production says this Friday. so i may have started!
I. Must. Not. Call. Dealer (or at least not too often ;) )

BTW, it seems that those dates are all Fridays and meant to say that it happens in the week ending on that date. So a 2/28 date in schedule means anywhere from 2/22 to 2/28.

Last edited:

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
Took a call from my UK dealer earlier to update on his info about 27th March as Porsche permission for U.K. dealers to start putting Taycans on the road - my predicted 10th April date for delivery of 4S presently looks like being improved by a few days so collecting pre Easter is now the prov improved plan (good news for UK orders)

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? B81739AF-3AE8-4FFF-A732-EA4190B02186

Taycan_Rolf

First Name
Rolf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera 4
Country flag
I ordered my 4S end of November. 1st delivery date should be this month. Then in December they said Mid March. Mid January Porsche calls me it will be Mid February. Now today Porsche called me again Mid Mai.
I'm really pissed off a bit! Anybody else with this experience? I'm based in Germany....

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
I ordered my 4S end of November. 1st delivery date should be this month. Then in December they said Mid March. Mid January Porsche calls me it will be Mid February. Now today Porsche called me again Mid Mai.
I'm really pissed off a bit! Anybody else with this experience? I'm based in Germany....
Same for me in Denmark :-(

Nkarakala

First Name
Nithin karakala
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Did your dealer provide you with the production schedule.
My production time changed significantly changed over the last few weeks. Once the production scheduled was delayed by 5 weeks and then 5 days later my dealer called me to inform that my car was finished with its built.
In my case I would like to give porsche credit for sticking to their schedule even with all the delays because of Corona virus.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My production time changed significantly changed over the last few weeks. Once the production scheduled was delayed by 5 weeks and then 5 days later my dealer called me to inform that my car was finished with its built.
In my case I would like to give porsche credit for sticking to their schedule even with all the delays because of Corona virus.
did they tell you when it started production? I heard that some people got an email (congrats, your build just started), but i wasn't clear if that was from dealer because they happened to check, or something that happened more automatically once that date got hit.

thanks

Nkarakala

First Name
Nithin karakala
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
did they tell you when it started production? I heard that some people got an email (congrats, your build just started), but i wasn't clear if that was from dealer because they happened to check, or something that happened more automatically once that date got hit.

thanks
In my experience of buying Porches I never got an automated email. Usually the dealer can check in their system. My dealer was extremely helpful in keeping me updated. He sent me updates like these. He let me know 2 days back that my care is making the long journey across the pond.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I read German article that Audi stopped production on all e-tron because of battery delievery problems. The ones coming in go mostly to Porsche, so Audi had to take a step back.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I'm getting a bit fatigued with the delays in Turbo S allocations for the US. I'm top of the list at one of the largest Porsche dealers in the midwest, and they have yet to get a single allocation. This dealer is also one of the top rated in the country, and they have been terrific, so I'm not getting a bunch of false information from them. I placed my deposit in August of 2018 - they don't actually run the card, so they're not sitting there collecting interest on my money. I'm just frustrated with the lack of information coming from Porsche.

Anyone have any good information as to why there is a severe shortage of Turbo S allocations in the US??

soul_electrified

First Name
Swen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Carrera 4 , Porsche Macan
Country flag
I'm getting a bit fatigued with the delays in Turbo S allocations for the US. I'm top of the list at one of the largest Porsche dealers in the midwest, and they have yet to get a single allocation. This dealer is also one of the top rated in the country, and they have been terrific, so I'm not getting a bunch of false information from them. I placed my deposit in August of 2018 - they don't actually run the card, so they're not sitting there collecting interest on my money. I'm just frustrated with the lack of information coming from Porsche.

Anyone have any good information as to why there is a severe shortage of Turbo S allocations in the US??
It´s not official confirmed, but I think there is a software problem and many Turbo S are built and waiting for an update.
Sponsored