Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Mine finally arrived at the dealer this morning.

should be ready for collection by the weekend
Brilliant. Aberdeen? I heard they have one coming today. The one in the showroom was sold.

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
Brilliant. Aberdeen? I heard they have one coming today. The one in the showroom was sold.
I’m to get a Facetime 2pm from dealer to see my silver 4S (exactly 3mths later than built data indicated) .... getting it home won’t be straightforward though!

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Roberto @Pozuelo I am not trying to convince you to make that Journey but I would tell you that if you're using ABRP that you should tweak the watts per mile or per km to closer to a WLTP figure. the numbers I have seen them use are more like EPA and very pessimistic from all reports that have been collected while driving at a semi-normal state. Remember that is the estimated watts per distance at a relatively slow speed. I am using US units and I tweaked it from 405 to 350watts/mi and I show the 441 mi trip with 3 charging stops of 2h15min so expect no more than 3hrs with problems, but 6h56m driving at the limit, you I need to put in your percentage of speed limit but I do suggest you tweak down the efficiency number to a more reasonable value then their pessimistic one. I don't fault ABRP as they do not have data from enough customers to want to update the value.
The high heat is not a bad thing for the battery nor the wind resistance, it will cause a lot of air conditioning usage but that is a lot lower fuel usage then heating. If you're able to exploit the ventilated seats then you can probably not cool the cabin quite so much as well.

It would certainly be more of an adventure, maybe too much more. :cool:

Congratulations on your car, it's beautiful, even with the shipping tape and foam. The Bordeaux Red and Black is the same interior spec as my 4S in October.

P.S. For the Taycan 4S with the 20" wheels in ABRP I use 300w/mi @ 65mph.
=

I was looking at the data but apparently in Europe from what I can tell, it is aligned with the WLTP combined cycle. Anyone in Europe have an average consumption at speeds of 120-140km/h on highways with varying gradients and flat and mountainous terrain in a Turbo S with 21” wheels ?

Just been informed that maybe we will be getting our car tomorrow. Registration and PDI ready. Only wash pending, dealer side and insurance on my part. If I can test the car tomorrow for a few hours to get a feeling of the actual consumption, maybe we will take it on to the Algarve. Hope the border opens tomorrow as scheduled. Charger ready as well !

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? 1593523431237

Last edited:

zelement

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Panamera 4S. 19 Cayenne S
Country flag
Count yourself lucky. My car is expected on the West Coast in 3 weeks, so I would have preferred it it caught an earlier boat and got trucked to LA. ;)
I asked my dealer why they are trucking it to CA and they told me the ports are closed in CA.
Is that true?

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
I asked my dealer why they are trucking it to CA and they told me the ports are closed in CA.
Is that true?
It's hard to determine online, but looking at the marine traffic websites, it appears that the only ships in port at Benecia (where my car is eventually supposed to disembark) are local vessels. That would suggest that it could well be closed

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I have a dilemma now. I am going on a 2000 km. trip down to the Algarve on Friday and I am tempted to take the Taycan. However it makes little sense as there are no fast chargers on route. Thin and far-between 50kW chargers availability plus three stops totaling almost 4 hours (according to ABRP) versus one fill-up and 10 minutes for gas and leak are not comparable. Not to mention as well the scorching temperatures around 40°C. I suspect charging would take longer as we would have to stay in the car while charging and AC would have to work at full blast.
First congratulations to a great looking car!
I think your decision all depends on the word “we” in your post. If I was doing it , and I would, I would probably do it on my own. I have experienced the sparse number of chargers in Northern Spain before. And it turned out fine but an adventure that I would not like too many of. If you are travelling with family and kids it might be too much?? And I also think the advice on adjusting the consumption is a good one.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is that true?
Whoa, really? Yikes.. I mean, it is probably faster to have it on a truck anyway. I just hope my car doesn't end up sitting at a closed port..

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
First congratulations to a great looking car!
I think your decision all depends on the word “we” in your post. If I was doing it , and I would, I would probably do it on my own. I have experienced the sparse number of chargers in Northern Spain before. And it turned out fine but an adventure that I would not like too many of. If you are travelling with family and kids it might be too much?? And I also think the advice on adjusting the consumption is a good one.
Our delivery is confirmed for 09:00 tomorrow.I will be traveling with my wife. Will probably drive to Zaragoza and back to start. They have an Ionity charger which I would use on the way there and back as well. One of only three locations open in Spain now for Ionity. I don’t count one on each side of the highway as 2 !

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is that true?
Long Beach has about 12 cargo ships (not just cars) scheduled to arrive or depart, and San Diego has two vehicle carriers coming in from Korea in the next 2 weeks, so the ports don't seem closed, but certainly could be on a slow down and when your car was ready, it may have been the best option.

@PanameraFrank

I doubt that the Glovis Sunrise would have left for Benicia if the port was closed. It would be far to costly to load a ship, move it and then just have it sit there for an unknown amount of time.

Last edited:

fe007

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, iPace, BMW 428i
Country flag
Dealer just told me my car arrived at Port of Houston last night. I guess they are going to truck it to San Diego? Wonder why they did it this way instead of dropping it off at the Port of San Diego...
I was just told the same thing and I'm in northern CA. Sounds like the ships bound for Panama Canal were fewer and fuller.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is that true?
FYI: I just talked to PECLA and they said if you are from California the car is sent to Benicia and if you are out if state it's delivered to Texas and trucked to PECLA. I was asking in preparation for my delivery.

They also shared that their first Taycan delivery will be in mid July.
Sponsored

Last edited: