Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
My TurboS got offloaded from the Swift Ace last Thursday. Its been at the port (Houston) for almost a week now. My dealer got relatively quick transport (last week) for other vehicles on the same boat but not my car.

I expect they are applying all the software updates at the port. Not sure why the car is being held up for such a long time though. Here's hoping they are not waiting an eternity for a 12V battery or repairing some transport damage (as the ship sailed around hurricane Isaias)...

:(
Sponsored

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
My TurboS got offloaded from the Swift Ace last Thursday. Its been at the port (Houston) for almost a week now. My dealer got relatively quick transport (last week) for other vehicles on the same boat but not my car.

I expect they are applying all the software updates at the port. Not sure why the car is being held up for such a long time though. Here's hoping they are not waiting an eternity for a 12V battery or repairing some transport damage (as the ship sailed around hurricane Isaias)...

:(
I don’t think they’re applying firmware updates at the port. My dealer got two Taycans on Monday and had to apply the firmware updates there. Also, my dealer told me to expect my car to arrive there 7-10 days after arrival at port (4-hour drive from port to dealer) - because of transportation issues. Car scheduled to arrive at port in two days. Waiting patiently...

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I got the same story of about a week to get to dealer after arriving at the port ( Friday afternoon )

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
I got the same story of about a week to get to dealer after arriving at the port ( Friday afternoon )
That's supposed to include transport time (on the truck). As noted, my dealer had OTHER cars (non Taycan) on the Swift Ace that DID get released for transport in only two days...

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
That's supposed to include transport time (on the truck). As noted, my dealer had OTHER cars (non Taycan) on the Swift Ace that DID get released for transport in only two days...
No rhyme or reason to how they release them for transport. And dealer has no say as to which cars get transported first. As I’ve probably posted here a few times - frustrating, especially nine months after placing order for May 10 arrival at local port...

JJTO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911S Cab; '97 NSX; BMW X5, Suburban
Country flag
My 4s was offloaded in Houston from the Swift Ace as well and my dealer is saying they only got half of their cars delivered to the dealership (not sure which models). And I'm in Houston so not sure when my car will be released to the dealer.

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
Finally got a firm delivery date for my Turbo. Looks like it's on the G POSEIDON out of Bremerhaven, eventually heading to Benicia. Delivery is set for PEC LA on September 30. Boy, that feels like a long time from now...

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Finally got the email from my dealer I was waiting for - build slot for my Turbo S in October. MY2021. Wish the configuration tool was updated so I could see if there is anything new I want (forgoing the HUD based on the pictures I have seen - I like the option but don’t like what it does to the dash). Still undecided on contrast stitching.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLAP4E43

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Finally got the email from my dealer I was waiting for - build slot for my Turbo S in October. MY2021. Wish the configuration tool was updated so I could see if there is anything new I want (forgoing the HUD based on the pictures I have seen - I like the option but don’t like what it does to the dash). Still undecided on contrast stitching.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLAP4E43
I can tell you a few things about the 2021 model in the US. Porsche mobile connect is now standard so prices went down $1,120 in US. Also if you get black high gloss lettering on the badge, the Porsche logo will now be satin black. Why I don’t know. I have an order for a December 4S build and those were the two changes I noticed when I moved from a 2020. I am sure we will find out more when the configuration modeler updates. I saw it in the dealership so it should just be a matter of days. Heard a rumor that it will be the 17th.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
I can tell you a few things about the 2021 model in the US. Porsche mobile connect is now standard so prices went down $1,120 in US. Also if you get black high gloss lettering on the badge, the Porsche logo will now be satin black. Why I don’t know. I have an order for a December 4S build and those were the two changes I noticed when I moved from a 2020. I am sure we will find out more when the configuration modeler updates. I saw it in the dealership so it should just be a matter of days. Heard a rumor that it will be the 17th.
Interesting. Very helpful. Which Porsche logo will be satin black? On the front hood or the wheels? I can’t imagine them having the hood in satin black.

I told my dealer about that 17th rumour and asked to wait until Monday before I finalized my spec.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Interesting. Very helpful. Which Porsche logo will be satin black? On the front hood or the wheels? I can’t imagine them having the hood in satin black.

I told my dealer about that 17th rumour and asked to wait until Monday before I finalized my spec.
In the rear light where it currently says Porsche in silver.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
In the rear light where it currently says Porsche in silver.
I thought the logo was a glass-like plastic - more translucent than silver. Thanks for the clarification. I will look out for this as well. Appreciate the heads up.

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
When did most people get a final confirmed shipping date?

Was it before or after the car has left the production line?

Was it very close to the original assigned date?

My car is scheduled to leave the line in exactly 2 weeks, but it will not leave Bremerhaven until OCT 9...I am just hoping Porsche is extremely conservative with the dates and will adjust it after the car is completed.
Sponsored