Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have pretty much the same completion, shipping, and arrival dates. My dealer claims it will still be a MY2020.
I honestly don’t think it matters - haven’t seen a spec I’d change...and haven’t heard of any major price differences...
Sponsored

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I’m with you! My report says production complete 9/4, ship leaves 9/25, and car gets to East Coast 10/9...hoping these are accurate and praying they get expedited! Lots of questions as to whether we are getting a MY2020 or 21...any intel on that?
I am 100% sure mine is a MY20....The only thing I wanted from 21 is the 22kWh AC charger which is still unavailable....

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Small update:
Got informed yesterday by my sales rep that production of my car should be finished on Sept. 25th, 2020. However, pickup at the factory in Zuffenhausen is so over-booked that the earliest date he could reserve is Nov. 5th. He is trying to shift it to, say, early October. But if that doesn't work out then I'll just have to wait a few weeks longer.
Also, next week it is expected that the MY21 configurator should come officially online here in Germany (and maybe rest of Europe?), so that I can sign the new contract with adjusted rates as I included the HUD and the active parking assistant as new options for MY21. Still no word about the 22 kW onboard charger, though.
I am 100% sure mine is a MY20....The only thing I wanted from 21 is the 22kWh AC charger which is still unavailable....
Maybe it will be more of a collector car anyway - Porsche’s FIRST all electric model year!

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
My TurboS has been sitting in Houston going on 2 weeks now!

It arrived on the Swift Ace on Wed Aug 5 and hasn't moved since. The explanation from Porsche NA (via my dealer) is its just "waiting for transport". Yet other vehicles were put on the transport to my dealer the day after they arrived...

:crying:

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
My TurboS has been sitting in Houston going on 2 weeks now!

It arrived on the Swift Ace on Wed Aug 5 and hasn't moved since. The explanation from Porsche NA (via my dealer) is its just "waiting for transport". Yet other vehicles were put on the transport to my dealer the day after they arrived...

:crying:
I feel your pain. My 4S arrived in Jacksonville yesterday (a four hour drive from Sarasota). If I get it within the next two weeks, I’ll consider myself lucky. Well beyond frustrated. Whatever will be will be...

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I feel your pain. My 4S arrived in Jacksonville yesterday (a four hour drive from Sarasota). If I get it within the next two weeks, I’ll consider myself lucky. Well beyond frustrated. Whatever will be will be...
Mine took almost a week from the port to the dealer, even though it is just 1 hour by truck. On first inspection and asking the sales, the car is perfect!

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just got word from my dealer that the car has been loaded on the transport and is on the way. We have no idea, however, how many stops the truck must make on its 1200 mile journey...

So, about a week and a half at the port of arrival...

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just got word from my dealer that the car has been loaded on the transport and is on the way. We have no idea, however, how many stops the truck must make on its 1200 mile journey...

So, about a week and a half at the port of arrival...
So the race is on to see who gets his car first!

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So the race is on to see who gets his car first!
My dealer is telling me 4-5 days before it arrives at the dealership. I'm sure he's just hedging his bets. I simply can't believe that the folks who do the transport logistics would load a truck with such an inefficient load that it would take 3-4 days for the last car to be unloaded.

Assuming the load is optimized for a general geographic area, I would expect the driver to take 2 days to do the 1200 miles. I'm actually anticipating that it will show up at the dealership today (2nd day) or tomorrow (3rd day). Time will tell!

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here is the latest from my dealer. My car is released for transport.
08_18_20 status.png
Great!

Be advised some of us are seeing 1-2 weeks from the time the car is "released" to when it actually gets loaded on a truck (Exits the Port)...

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Yes I regrettably understand there could be more waiting. I am trying to get my car to the clear bra dude before he is unavailable late next week. First world problems I know.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
I am going into my dealer tomorrow to finalize my build. Since the configuration tool isn’t updated , I thought an in-person meeting would be warranted to review any new options for MY2021 I may want. I really want contrast stitching- originally I was going to get blue but now think red is a better choice (car is white).
Sponsored