Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Looks very elegant and sleek! I am sure you'll be very happy with this baby!

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
Porsche prices are 40% higher here. Then there are taxes import, VAT, etc. The dealer has a 911 Turbo S with lots of options for well over 500k USD.
In Thailand, any imported vehicle has a 200% import tax. Then there are luxury car taxes. Then any vehicle with motor of 2 liter motor has addiontal tax as well. So when you see a Porsche in Thailand, its is a several hundred thousand dollar car. Then again, you can bribe an official and import a car yourself.

Nevadagame

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley Gt. C7 ZO6. Cayenne S. Panamera Turbo. Silverado 2500 Turbo Diesel
Country flag
Yes - I added it at the last minute before confirming. Definitely worth the small amount extra
Can anyone tell me, what exactly do you get with Porsche mobile connect, is it a 220 charger that will supply the car with somewhere near 11 KW?

Fitzban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Can anyone tell me, what exactly do you get with Porsche mobile connect, is it a 220 charger that will supply the car with somewhere near 11 KW?
Correct, the Mobile Charger Connect in the US is the 240V 9.6 kW charger. It'll be a little bit different for different parts of the world.

Nevadagame

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley Gt. C7 ZO6. Cayenne S. Panamera Turbo. Silverado 2500 Turbo Diesel
Country flag
Correct, the Mobile Charger Connect in the US is the 240V 9.6 kW charger. It'll be a little bit different for different parts of the world.
Perfect, thank you, I almost bought a charger box for my garage, now all I need is the 240v 50 amp 14-50 outlet?

Fitzban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Perfect, thank you, I almost bought a charger box for my garage, now all I need is the 240v 50 amp 14-50 outlet?
Yes, if you want the max 9.6kW charge rate. If you only have 240V 40A 14-50 outlet, then it'll only be able to charge at 7.68kW charge rate due to the electrical regulations.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Ordered my Taycan 4S today!!! Volcano Grey with 20” Spirt Arto Wheels, Crayon interior, glass roof, bunch of toys. Only thing I’m not sure about is the super high end stereo? I think Bose is enough??? Any advice on that?

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Hello Gordon, I had the same question about the high end stereo and came to the conclusion that the regular one "should" be good enough. Cheers, Henrik

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hello Gordon, I had the same question about the high end stereo and came to the conclusion that the regular one "should" be good enough. Cheers, Henrik
It really depends on how much of a audiophile you are. I got the standard Bose in my Panamera, then later heard the Burmeister, and there is a world of difference in quality. The Bose is extremely good, and that should be enough for 95+% of people. But the Burmeister is in a different league - the clarity, range, directionality, separation and depth are beyond anything currently available today IF you're listening to HD music. The really big development recently is the advent of streaming 'lossless' music, which is supposedly identical to the Master recording. For these reasons, combined with what I'm hearing is an extremely quiet interior of the Taycan, I decided to splurge on this one.

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
I'd like to note that there are 3 different sound options, at least here in Finland. The Turbo & Turbo S come with Bose default, Burmester optional. But the 4S comes with the regular surround sound (not branded) and both Bose & Burmester as an option.

I ordered my 4S with the Bose. Sure I would like the Burmester but it is expensive and I'm confident the Bose will likely sound better than any audios of my previous cars.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I'd like to note that there are 3 different sound options, at least here in Finland. The Turbo & Turbo S come with Bose default, Burmester optional. But the 4S comes with the regular surround sound (not branded) and both Bose & Burmester as an option.

I ordered my 4S with the Bose. Sure I would like the Burmester but it is expensive and I'm confident the Bose will likely sound better than any audios of my previous cars.
The Bose sounds fantastic compared to any of my previous cars. You will not be disappointed!
Sponsored