Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
Question:

Last night, I received a message from Porsche telling me I can add my vehicle to My Porsche profile/app.

However, I do not yet have my vehicle. To be clear, it has been taken off the ship at our local port, but as of yesterday, has not even been delivered to my dealership. In other words, I don't own it, nor have I signed anything saying it's officially mine (I imagine I will have it within a week).

Is it a bad idea to go ahead with the My Porsche profile and add the vehicle? Or will I be screwing up the syncing or some other feature?

Thanks for your input, wise TaycanForum members.
Sponsored

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Question:

Last night, I received a message from Porsche telling me I can add my vehicle to My Porsche profile/app.

However, I do not yet have my vehicle. To be clear, it has been taken off the ship at our local port, but as of yesterday, has not even been delivered to my dealership. In other words, I don't own it, nor have I signed anything saying it's officially mine (I imagine I will have it within a week).

Is it a bad idea to go ahead with the My Porsche profile and add the vehicle? Or will I be screwing up the syncing or some other feature?

Thanks for your input, wise TaycanForum members.
Go for it. I got the same sort of message from Porsche a day or two before I took delivery...

Kool Kid

First Name
marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2013 Porsche 991C2
Country flag
Ordered a 4s at the beginning of February. The ship made it to Jacksonville FL. Now it’s 3 hrs. away.
my car was completed July 3rd and still has not arrived in Vancouver more than 2.5 months later...ridiculous...30 new taycan's arrived for the dealer to sell. This is embarrassing for them. Forget about the fact i ordered it months before it was completed.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I made my order back in May but decided to wait an extra month to get a 2021 model. Spec was finalized in August. Mailed the dealer yesterday for an update and he said the car is being built right now, will be in Bremerhaven on October 2nd and will most likely be ready before the end of October.

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Being tortured right now...car is 2 hours away at port in RI...dealer has no idea when it will be delivered...it's been there since Friday 9/25...

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Same situation, car reached port 60mi away last Thursday, and now the waiting game. I'm anxious that if Porsche thinks there's a fix for the 12V issue coming within weeks, they may hold stuff at port.

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Same situation, car reached port 60mi away last Thursday, and now the waiting game. I'm anxious that if Porsche thinks there's a fix for the 12V issue coming within weeks, they may hold stuff at port.
My dealer said there is no guidance or bulletins for 12V fix on these cars coming in...so it's probably just stuck in a customs que...which is more than mildly frustrating...now business day 4...

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
Hi, noob on this forum and loos a great place (albeit I am slightly more worried about it now than I was! :) )

Test drove yesterday after completing order for new company car which is a 4S with a delivery date (I hope!) in December. If it goes after that I face a cost implication due to our stupid Government and Brexit (nightmare!).

Stay safe guys,
Rob

Ormond

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
I also test drove yesterday and was impressed. My expected date of arrival is January 29, 2021.