Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

Weston

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.1 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Ordered my Taycan 4S today!!! Volcano Grey with 20” Spirt Arto Wheels, Crayon interior, glass roof, bunch of toys. Only thing I’m not sure about is the super high end stereo? I think Bose is enough??? Any advice on that?
When's your build date and delivery?
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I have the Bose on my 911. I think I’ll stick with that then.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
24 hours from delivery...
Black on Black with black trim, Turbo.
I think it’s gonna need a Batman logo or something.

AJDiBianca

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4, Cayenne Turbo, Cayenne, Taycan 4S
Country flag
When's your build date and delivery?
Here's my OPINION: I had Bose on Cayman S, have Bose on GT4, Burmester on Cayenne Turbo, and wife has Bose on Cayenne... As far as stereo sound quality, I am a professional gigging musician and audiophile (Magnepan, Levinson, Benchmark, etc.)

To my ears (and stereo is ALWAYS subjective), Burmester is just too sensational with bloated, exaggerated bass, artificial piercing vocals, scratchy high end. I have tried EVERYTHING to try to tame my Burmester system - all modes, balance, EQ, options, etc. and nothing makes listening to it enjoyable.

Bose is... well... Bose, which is also sensational and "thinner" sounding than Burmester, but (to my ears) the Bose systems are MUCH LESS irritating - guess that translates to better. Go to a dealer and check out both. Bring a variety of music and let me know what you think.

Neither is an audiophile stereo, but I would never spend EXTRA for Burmester because (to me) it doesn't sound "real" and is hard to listen to for any length of time. The (much cheaper) Bose is "good enough" in MY car.

IMHO, if you want a good stereo experience, spend the money you save by opting for Bose on upgrading your home system. When you buy a Porsche, make it about the driving experience.

I spent my money on the things Porsche does best and that make driving fun - performance options and of course bigger battery and faster charging. Having driven on the track, the suspension elements are worth it if you drive hard.

The one "extravagance" that surprised me? I had massage seats on a Panamera loaner. I thought massage seats were a gimmick. Boy was I wrong. Turn on the massage and seat heaters and "aaaaaaaahhh..." My wife laughed, but I ordered them on my Taycan 4S - that plus virtually all of the options that are not cosmetic. :)

Oh, and mine was the FIRST Taycan 4S order at my dealer in North Carolina. Build code PLYJZSW4. Porsche gave a delivery date of APRIL 30, 2020... since everyone wants to know. :(

Last edited:

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Oh, and mine was the FIRST Taycan 4S order at my dealer in North Carolina. Build code PLYJZSW4. Porsche gave a delivery date of APRIL 30, 2020... since everyone wants to know. :(
Edit: removed. I was wrong about info on the cables, see great post below

My build is very similar to yours.

Last edited:

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
P
Sounds like no sleep tonight, congrats, let us know what you think..

AJDiBianca

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4, Cayenne Turbo, Cayenne, Taycan 4S
Country flag
You seem to be missing a "free" option. Look for :Supply Cable for NEMA 6-30 Electrical Socket" There are 4 different options there and you get to choose one for free.

My build is very similar to yours.
Reg,

That's not my understanding of the CONNECTOR OPTION...

If you click on the (?) icon, the description says the NEMA 6-30 option (or NEMA 6-50 option, or NEMA 14-30 option) REPLACES the standard NEMA 14-50 supply cable. Be careful because there is a typo which confuses things for the 6-50 option, but click all of the options and you'll figure it out. To me this means if you DO NOT select one of the $0 options, your cable will include a "standard 14-50" connector.

The FIRST number indicates whether it is a 4-wire (14) or a 3-wire (6) cable, where the 4-wire includes a safety ground and is slightly more expensive than the 3-wire. The SECOND number indicates current where 50A can carry nearly TWICE the current of 30A (and charge faster) as long as you have room for a 50 amp breaker.

BOTH the "Porsche standard 14-50" and the "Free Optional 6-50" will carry the same current and charge at the same rate. The 14-50 is the traditional EV standard while the 6-50 is a slightly more flexible cable that is 30% cheaper per foot. What's important is when you wire your garage, you need to install an outlet that matches your cable choice - 6-30, 6-50, 14-30, or 14-50.

Oh, the FREE 25-ft charging cable option (EH2 @ 7.5m) replaces the standard 8' cable (EH1 @ 2.5m) and is a great free option if you will need extra length while charging (otherwise it's just in the way.) That's what I chose because of my garage layout.

Pretty sure that's the deal, but someone let me know if I am wrong...

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? upload_2019-12-22_23-30-54

Last edited:

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Here's my OPINION: I had Bose on Cayman S, have Bose on GT4, Burmester on Cayenne Turbo, and wife has Bose on Cayenne... As far as stereo sound quality, I am a professional gigging musician and audiophile (Magnepan, Levinson, Benchmark, etc.)

To my ears (and stereo is ALWAYS subjective), Burmester is just too sensational with bloated, exaggerated bass, artificial piercing vocals, scratchy high end. I have tried EVERYTHING to try to tame my Burmester system - all modes, balance, EQ, options, etc. and nothing makes listening to it enjoyable.

Bose is... well... Bose, which is also sensational and "thinner" sounding than Burmester, but (to my ears) the Bose systems are MUCH LESS irritating - guess that translates to better. Go to a dealer and check out both. Bring a variety of music and let me know what you think.

Neither is an audiophile stereo, but I would never spend EXTRA for Burmester because (to me) it doesn't sound "real" and is hard to listen to for any length of time. The (much cheaper) Bose is "good enough" in MY car.

IMHO, if you want a good stereo experience, spend the money you save by opting for Bose on upgrading your home system. When you buy a Porsche, make it about the driving experience.

I spent my money on the things Porsche does best and that make driving fun - performance options and of course bigger battery and faster charging. Having driven on the track, the suspension elements are worth it if you drive hard.

The one "extravagance" that surprised me? I had massage seats on a Panamera loaner. I thought massage seats were a gimmick. Boy was I wrong. Turn on the massage and seat heaters and "aaaaaaaahhh..." My wife laughed, but I ordered them on my Taycan 4S - that plus virtually all of the options that are not cosmetic. :)

I would agree that stereo is always subjective, and certainly interesting that you find the Burmester more 'irritating' than the Bose. Possibly because my hearing is not as sensitive as yours, I find it much cleaner and deeper, and different enough so that I chose to upgrade. I also plan on driving a fair number of highway miles, where if the car is as quiet as advertised, could make the Burmester sound even better than in the Panamera. Good review of the Burmester from Audiophile magazine:

http://www.rutherfordaudio.com/audiophile_mag_reviews_burmester/

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Reg,

That's not my understanding of the CONNECTOR OPTION...

If you click on the (?) icon, the description says the NEMA 6-30 option (or NEMA 6-50 option, or NEMA 14-30 option) REPLACES the standard NEMA 14-50 supply cable. Be careful because there is a typo which confuses things for the 6-50 option, but click all of the options and you'll figure it out. To me this means if you DO NOT select one of the $0 options, your cable will include a "standard 14-50" connector.

The FIRST number indicates whether it is a 4-wire (14) or a 3-wire (6) cable, where the 4-wire includes a safety ground and is slightly more expensive than the 3-wire. The SECOND number indicates current where 50A can carry nearly TWICE the current of 30A (and charge faster) as long as you have room for a 50 amp breaker.

BOTH the "Porsche standard 14-50" and the "Free Optional 6-50" will carry the same current and charge at the same rate. The 14-50 is the traditional EV standard while the 6-50 is a slightly more flexible cable that is 30% cheaper per foot. What's important is when you wire your garage, you need to install an outlet that matches your cable choice - 6-30, 6-50, 14-30, or 14-50.

Oh, the FREE 25-ft charging cable option (EH2 @ 7.5m) replaces the standard 8' cable (EH1 @ 2.5m) and is a great free option if you will need extra length while charging (otherwise it's just in the way.) That's what I chose because of my garage layout.

Pretty sure that's the deal, but someone let me know if I am wrong...

upload_2019-12-22_23-30-54.png
Thanks. great post. I think you are 100% correct.
I totally didn't get this and nor did my dealer.
My garage is already wired (previous EV owner), so this more an option for something else later.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You got it yet??? Bet your still driving around with a big smile on your face!!

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would agree that stereo is always subjective, and certainly interesting that you find the Burmester more 'irritating' than the Bose. Possibly because my hearing is not as sensitive as yours, I find it much cleaner and deeper, and different enough so that I chose to upgrade. I also plan on driving a fair number of highway miles, where if the car is as quiet as advertised, could make the Burmester sound even better than in the Panamera. Good review of the Burmester from Audiophile magazine:

http://www.rutherfordaudio.com/audiophile_mag_reviews_burmester/
Thanks for the pointers. Bose it is. I have that in the 911 & the home cinema etc. So I’ll stick with that in the 4S. Is expect the standard stereo to be okay but the Bose will add that extra bit when I turn it up when race my down a motorway!!!

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
You got it yet??? Bet your still driving around with a big smile on your face!!
Big sad face. Apparently there are two or three services that need to be performed before it can be delivered into my impatient hands: a key replacement (the old ones had too much range!) and some software update. And brake calibration? And their only trained technician has left for Christmas vacation.
So, no Christmas Taycan for me. Hopefully Friday. Or Saturday. <twitch>
#FirstWorldProblems

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Big sad face. Apparently there are two or three services that need to be performed before it can be delivered into my impatient hands: a key replacement (the old ones had too much range!) and some software update. And brake calibration? And their only trained technician has left for Christmas vacation.
So, no Christmas Taycan for me. Hopefully Friday. Or Saturday. <twitch>
#FirstWorldProblems
Brake calibration? Maybe that’s the software update for the regen? Who knows... bet your gutted!
Sponsored