Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

MARTY7

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3P. Fiat 595 Abarth, Audi S8 (Stage 2), DeLorean (Stage 3), Cayenne V8
Country flag
Still waiting :rolleyes:
I did get some good news. Apparently, a memorandum has been sent to Porsche dealers that January deliveries will not be hit with a price hike despite Brexit and possibly not at all. It's a bit "loose" but it sounds like they may have found a workaround.
Sponsored

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I did get some good news. Apparently, a memorandum has been sent to Porsche dealers that January deliveries will not be hit with a price hike despite Brexit and possibly not at all. It's a bit "loose" but it sounds like they may have found a workaround.
thats what I got told too.

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Same here, handover today. But .. it needs to ceramic coated by a 3rd-party detailer who are now closed for the Christmas break. So, I’m going to have to see my new car, pay for it and then walk away for another couple of weeks. I’ve asked them not to wash it before the detailing so it’s probably going to look filthy too!
First World problems, eh?

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
My spec for a Mamba Turbo has gone slightly awry. The cost of my specced Turbo had comfortably exceeded the base cost of a Turbo S (you know where this is going don’t you!). A number of options on the Turbo are standard on the Turbo S, so I’ve ended up putting a deposit down on a Mamba Turbo S today.

The only fly in the ointment is that the estimated delivery date is ‘end of the year’. I’m told there was a big push to deliver a lot of Taycans to the U.K. pre 31 December, and the factory is now focusing on Turbo S models for the Far East. I’m hoping it’ll be sooner than the end of the year, but we’ll see.

It’s not a huge drama as I’m only a month and a half into ownership of my 4S, so I can enjoy that.

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
My spec for a Mamba Turbo has gone slightly awry. The cost of my specced Turbo had comfortably exceeded the base cost of a Turbo S (you know where this is going don’t you!). A number of options on the Turbo are standard on the Turbo S, so I’ve ended up putting a deposit down on a Mamba Turbo S today.

The only fly in the ointment is that the estimated delivery date is ‘end of the year’. I’m told there was a big push to deliver a lot of Taycans to the U.K. pre 31 December, and the factory is now focusing on Turbo S models for the Far East. I’m hoping it’ll be sooner than the end of the year, but we’ll see.

It’s not a huge drama as I’m only a month and a half into ownership of my 4S, so I can enjoy that.
interested to know if U.K. dealers are referring to any lockdown impact affecting the factory in Germany?
(like you, I got so dizzy and excited with my July 4S that I ordered a Turbo in October (the moment PY21 spec became clear) and although Porsche didn’t allocate a build slot until early Nov the car is assigned with late Feb / early March dealer delivery (I’m hoping for late Feb) ...
covid closure of the factory if not deemed essential business in German rulings would impact delivery of all cars due Q1/21 youd think ?

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I was going to ask you a few weeks ago why you didn't just go with a Turbo S, as the difference was only about £12k, but it was Christmas and I'd already spent enough of my own money to begin spending others. Still, great news!

I reached out to the Cambridge branch today to try and upgrade to a Turbo, but they reckon it could push it into September as covid has caused delays to all their customers. I'm hopeful something can be done to bring it in earlier.

interested to know if U.K. dealers are referring to any lockdown impact affecting the factory in Germany?
Yes, mine (Cambridge) told me earlier all their 4S orders have been delayed into mid-Q3

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
I was going to ask you a few weeks ago why you didn't just go with a Turbo S, as the difference was only about £12k, but it was Christmas and I'd already spent enough of my own money to begin spending others. Still, great news!

I reached out to the Cambridge branch today to try and upgrade to a Turbo, but they reckon it could push it into September as covid has caused delays to all their customers. I'm hopeful something can be done to bring it in earlier.

Yes, mine (Cambridge) told me earlier all their 4S orders have been delayed into mid-Q3
Tom - I’ve just send you a private message.

gentley

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S (sold), Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just ordered a 4S with lock date mid February and estimated delivery late April/early May. Hopefully there will be no delay

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Tom - I’ve just send you a private message.
After my conversation with the legend, that is Sir Philip of Norfolk, I've got a February build for a Turbo. These are the most expensive forums I've ever been on. I started at £99k and after all the advice have gone to £131k, plus maybe half my wealth when my wife finds out.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
After my conversation with the legend, that is Sir Philip of Norfolk, I've got a February build for a Turbo. These are the most expensive forums I've ever been on. I started at £99k and after all the advice have gone to £131k, plus maybe half my wealth when my wife finds out.
You and me both, brother.

meejo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E220 Coupe, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've just placed an order for a Taycan S in the UK and am being quoted August build September delivery.

Is this dealer specific? as in does anyone know of any other dealers within the UK with shorter lead times?

I decided in September i wanted but stupidly waited until now to order! :oops:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I've just placed an order for a Taycan S in the UK and am being quoted August build September delivery.

Is this dealer specific? as in does anyone know of any other dealers within the UK with shorter lead times?

I decided in September i wanted but stupidly waited until now to order! :oops:
Wow, same lead time as last year.

schwar

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo MY21
Country flag
Hmm, I ordered my Taycan Turbo in mid-December from Colchester. They offered me a January build slot if I moved quickly, otherwise, I was told February. I went for January and they are still saying it'll be here before the end of March. Seems like I was lucky, although reading previous posts I'm now a little worried. When do you start getting more information on the actual delivery date, or a Porsche ID? All they can tell me at the moment is that it is under construction.
Sponsored