Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

meejo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E220 Coupe, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hmm, I ordered my Taycan Turbo in mid-December from Colchester. They offered me a January build slot if I moved quickly, otherwise, I was told February. I went for January and they are still saying it'll be here before the end of March. Seems like I was lucky, although reading previous posts I'm now a little worried. When do you start getting more information on the actual delivery date, or a Porsche ID? All they can tell me at the moment is that it is under construction.
Cannot even begin to describe how envious I am right now haha. Tempted to call them and ask for build slots for the 4s.
Sponsored

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW 435i, X5, Range Rover Sport TDV8
Country flag
I ordered 2x 4S beginning of October and I'm still being told mid-March

schwar

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo MY21
Country flag
Cannot even begin to describe how envious I am right now haha. Tempted to call them and ask for build slots for the 4s.
The update today is that the build of the car will be complete on January 20th, which is under 6 weeks after the order was placed. I don't know how long the rest of the delivery process takes after that, any ideas? :S

schwar

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo MY21
Country flag

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hmm, I ordered my Taycan Turbo in mid-December from Colchester. They offered me a January build slot if I moved quickly, otherwise, I was told February. I went for January and they are still saying it'll be here before the end of March. Seems like I was lucky, although reading previous posts I'm now a little worried. When do you start getting more information on the actual delivery date, or a Porsche ID? All they can tell me at the moment is that it is under construction.
I put my order in towards the end of December. It locks in a few days, goes into production end of the month. Expected delivery is 4/2/2021. I'm in the east coast of the US - so you'd probably get it 2-3 weeks quicker.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
I put my order in towards the end of December. It locks in a few days, goes into production end of the month. Expected delivery is 4/2/2021. I'm in the east coast of the US - so you'd probably get it 2-3 weeks quicker.
I got word today that my V200 was before the test program to keep you up to date started so Alex you are lucky to get up to the minute updates. I am a few weeks ahead of you, I go into production (hopefully) tomorrow with a PECATL delivery timeframe of 3/19 (ish). It depends on the booking process for the cars already being delivered there. when my hits the shores. Keep me posted on your move thru the system and I will update as I go thru my build.

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
I was going to ask you a few weeks ago why you didn't just go with a Turbo S, as the difference was only about £12k, but it was Christmas and I'd already spent enough of my own money to begin spending others. Still, great news!

I reached out to the Cambridge branch today to try and upgrade to a Turbo, but they reckon it could push it into September as covid has caused delays to all their customers. I'm hopeful something can be done to bring it in earlier.

Yes, mine (Cambridge) told me earlier all their 4S orders have been delayed into mid-Q3
After believing the updates I was getting from Porsche 2 weeks ago and then again this week were false I checked again on this weeks Porsche messages to “My Porsche” app.
It turns out my scheduled delivery for late Feb / early March is indeed on its way to Emden and at a push could be picked up pre end Jan but I’d certainly believe it’s delivery can more comfortably be early Feb 21 ... a full month ahead of schedule. Scheduled build start was written up to be next Friday 22/1/21 exit factory 5/3/21 .... pretty impressive and clearly no production delays for Turbo models!

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Lucky me and a call to Porsche 800#, I have the track my dream, now going into production on 1/22 and PECATL estimated delivery of 3/14. Alex keep me posted on your progress.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Lucky me and a call to Porsche 800#, I have the track my dream, now going into production on 1/22 and PECATL estimated delivery of 3/14. Alex keep me posted on your progress.
For mine:

Change Freeze Point: 1/22/2021
Scheduled Production 2/05/2021
Start Production: 2/19/2021
Production Completed: 02/26/2021
Ready For Transport: 02/26/2021
Arrival Emden Port: 02/26/2021
On Vessel: 03/12/2021
Delivery: 04/02/2021

Last edited:

meejo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E220 Coupe, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've just placed an order for a Taycan S in the UK and am being quoted August build September delivery.

Is this dealer specific? as in does anyone know of any other dealers within the UK with shorter lead times?

I decided in September i wanted but stupidly waited until now to order! :oops:
After posting this Norfolkporsche aka Phillip reached out and said he could secure an April build for me, I went back to my dealer and they managed to also find me an April build to avoid me cancelling!

Really excited now! Thanks Phillip!

schwar

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo MY21
Country flag
I’ve been told today that my car is heading to the port from the factory (or is already there) but that Porsche are experiencing some delays at the port when shipping to the UK. Anyone else hear this?

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
I’ve been told today that my car is heading to the port from the factory (or is already there) but that Porsche are experiencing some delays at the port when shipping to the UK. Anyone else hear this?
Haven’t heard this - my Turbo left the factory on its trip to dealer 12/13th Jan (scheduled build was only supposed to be last Friday 22nd so 3+ weeks ahead of schedule.
With lockdown neither myself nor the dealer are too rushed about handover - but I’d be surprised if it’s not with the dealer this week - weather for shipping has been fine and no reports of port backlogs to Grimsby that I’m aware of.
Sponsored

Last edited: