Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Had my delivery planned for this week. Just got a call that it got delayed because of the lack of microchips Porsche is currently having.. :crying:
Sponsored

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Had my delivery planned for this week. Just got a call that it got delayed because of the lack of microchips Porsche is currently having.. :crying:
I was worried precisely about this problem. I posted this a couple of days ago:

https://apple.news/AQtLIipenT0Wvqld1gEi3KQ

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...affecting-production-porsche-chief-says.4000/

And I literally just read this moments ago:

https://appleinsider.com/articles/2...ing-processor-shortages-expected-on-wednesday

Sheeesh!

Last edited:

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Regarding "Track Your Dream" activation, with apologies if this topic is tangential or repetitious:

I am a first-time Porsche customer, and recently have escalated my attempts to get into "Track Your Dream".

I ordered my TT in early November 2020, and got an allocation slot a few weeks later. After seeing the news this year that "Track Your Dream" is now active for Taycan (it was only for 911 before), I inquired at my dealership. They said they thought I should have gotten an email invite for it, but didn't seem to know anything about getting it set up for me.

Yesterday, I finally (lightbulb?!) called Porsche NA (800-PORSCHE) and chose tech support. While the human rep was looking me up (per name, phone, and email), they first said they thought it was active only for 911s, but then when they accessed my account (and some other info?), they said yes, it's also active for Taycan owners, and they initiated a process for me to get the invite email "within three business days". So, now I'm waiting to receive the invite email, and will update this within a couple of days.

Last edited:

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Regarding "Track Your Dream" activation, with apologies if this topic is tangential or repetitious:

I am a first-time Porsche customer, and recently have escalated my attempts to get into "Track Your Dream".

I ordered my TT in early November 2020, and got an allocation slot a few weeks later. After seeing the news this year that "Track Your Dream" is now active for Taycan (it was only for 911 before), I inquired at my dealership. They said they thought I should have gotten an email invite for it, but didn't seem to know anything about getting it set up for me.

Yesterday, I finally (lightbulb?!) called Porsche NA (800-PORSCHE) and chose tech support. While the human rep was looking me up (per name, phone, and email), they first said they thought it was active only for 911s, but then when they accessed my account (and some other info?), they said yes, it's also active for Taycan owners, and they initiated a process for me to get the invite email "within three business days". So, now I'm waiting to receive the invite email, and will update this within a couple of days.
I called the 800 and I got the TYD email the same day. Been tracking since 1/18 and on the boat now. The map stopped working but the miles to destination and dates seem to be working.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I called the 800 and I got the TYD email the same day. Been tracking since 1/18 and on the boat now. The map stopped working but the miles to destination and dates seem to be working.
Nice to know; I'll keep an eye for a quick response.

PEV1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi e-tron 55
Country flag
US models have wireless charging in center console. Slide the phone on its side into pocket on wall of console between the seats.
I like the Design side skirts with splash of color. Very obvious with light colored car. Have it on my build, but not as pronounced on Cherry Metallic
On my e-tron 55 the wireless changing comes standard and must admit didn't think to check when ordering taycan.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
I'm sorry to hear that. Any word on the length of the delay?

Also, I'm curious as to whether you had been following the production progress of your car prior to receiving the call from your dealer, or whomever. Do you have access to the My Porsche tracking information on your vehicle? If so, did any of the progress milestones change or fail to update?

Piper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Turbo S, 2018 BMW M5, 2012 Audi R8, 2012 Audi TTRS
Country flag

I experienced the same. My car was ordered in October. They finally got the link to me three days before landing at the Benicia, CA port this month. Even then they thought my car was still waiting for a ship at Emden. I often found myself in the position of advising them what I knew.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I'm sorry to hear that. Any word on the length of the delay?

Also, I'm curious as to whether you had been following the production progress of your car prior to receiving the call from your dealer, or whomever. Do you have access to the My Porsche tracking information on your vehicle? If so, did any of the progress milestones change or fail to update?
Hi Mike,
I do not have the tracking link to my order. I ordered the car through a friend that is importing Porsche cars here in Switzerland. All I know is that it was planned for last week and the car is technically fully assembled. But certain electrical parts seem to be missing due to this chip shortage. They also said that even 911s are being delayed at the moment.

All they could say is that it should not take more than 2 weeks. I'll post again in this thread if I get any news.

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
PM73CP48

Placed order with dealer: 29 January 2021
Vehicle fix date: 12 February 2021
Expected Production start date: 19 February 2021
Expected Production complete date: 05 March 2021
Expected Entry Emden Port: 05 March 2021
Expected Exit Emden Port: 26 March 2021
Expected Entry Port San Diego, CA: 23 April 2021
Expected Exit Port San Diego, CA: 23 April 2021
Estimated arrival at port/dealership (Honolulu, HI): 30 April 2021
Looks like things are moving right along. Revised dates.

PM73CP48
Placed order with dealer: 29 January 2021
Vehicle fix date: 11 February 2021
Vehicle entry to body shop: 19 February 2021
Vehicle exit production: 25 February 2021
Vehicle completion: 25 February 2021
Entry port Emden: 01 March 2021
Expected exit port Emden: 19 March 2021
Expected entry port San Diego, CA: 23 April 2021
Expected exit Port San Diego, CA: 23 April 2021
Estimated delivery date (Honolulu, HI): 30 April 2021

Last edited:

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Mine is currently on the slowest boat in the world headed to Halifax. I think they got lost as the location hasn’t been updated since February 26th!

Satin_Volcano

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s, 2016 Gt3RS
Country flag
Mine is currently on the slowest boat in the world headed to Halifax. I think they got lost as the location hasn’t been updated since February 26th!
Hahahaha, Let me guess Felicity Ace? Thats the turtle my cars on

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
PM9AN647

Status on 03/06: car departed Emden, onboard the good ship Goodwood, present location (live view): https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:756386/zoom:8

About to pass through the Strait of Dover as I post this (but I definitely don’t check it more than once every passing minute ;>).

Planned arrival Houston 03/26, then in Albuquerque 04/02.

First Porsche, first EV, first custom-ordered vehicle.

Starting to really feel it.
Sponsored

Last edited: