Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Ah. I can’t read German, but looks nice. I do see it’s highly optioned? Did you compare with a Turbo?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Ah. I can’t read German, but looks nice. I do see it’s highly optioned? Did you compare with a Turbo?
Dutch, not German. ;) Green and all black, that will be stunning and an absolute head turner.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Dutch, not German. ;) Green and all black, that will be stunning and an absolute head turner.
Haha. Sorry. I actually had some Dutch friends over an hour ago. Should’ve shown it to them!

nsheth_ahimsa

First Name
Nirav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordering), 2020 GLS450, 2017 BMW 535d
Country flag
Signed mine today. Went with a 4S - MY21 for the 22 kW and the extra options / colours that are coming in June.

Built slot in September. Should arrive late September, early October.
Anyone know when builds get counted as MY21 for US deliveries?

jan

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera S E-hybrid, Panamera 4 E-hybrid, Taycan 4S performance bat.
Country flag
I deliberately did not buy a turbo, I'd rather have more options than the 1.2 sec faster to 100 ;).

jan

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera S E-hybrid, Panamera 4 E-hybrid, Taycan 4S performance bat.
Country flag
Signed mine today. Went with a 4S - MY21 for the 22 kW and the extra options / colours that are coming in June.

Built slot in September. Should arrive late September, early October.

Have you already more information about MY21, they couldn't tell me much in Maastricht yet.
We will be leaving for Stuttgart on Wednesday morning, hopefully we will find out more there :movember: .
I hear rumors of a heavier battery ...

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I would expect that a my21 is a car sold after september and it is specifically designated as a my21. Delivery probably wouldn’t happen until January in the US, maybe November in europe

ceresma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S90D 2015
Country flag
2021 Taycan Are the new colors starting in June 2021 or just colors they are adding? At this point my car has been delayed to maybe worth waiting a couple of months (if that's what it is)
Thanks for any info anyone has. (speculation is fun but not helpful lol)

DaggieBe

Threads
Reaction score
Website
unrestricted.eu
Vehicles
This and that
Country flag
A September built can be delivered in October in Europe, if all goes well. I've had a September built before and it was deliverd in October. I don't know anything about US deliveries.

All cars build after August 2020, will be MY21 cars. All MY21 cars will have a choice of additional colours. I expect mine in October 2020, so I will be able to spec other colours. Ordering these colours will be possible from June onwards.

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
All cars ordered/built after June 2020 will be MY21 in the US.

June is the break point for MY21 and includes the items that cannot be ordered right now:
aluminum roof, mobile charger plus and for the 4S the smaller battery pack.
Rumor says other options may be available as well (I have no proof and I don't like to speculate on colors or 22kw until I see it in writing from Porsche for US spec models).

Typical custom order build/transport/delivery times for other Porsche models from the factory to your dealership is 3-4 months. Add to this the factory shuts down every August. So even if your order was started on right away in June (and it most likely won't be) the earliest it could possibly arrive (in the US) is October and will be MY21.

nsheth_ahimsa

First Name
Nirav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordering), 2020 GLS450, 2017 BMW 535d
Country flag
All cars ordered/built after June 2020 will be MY21 in the US.

June is the break point for MY21 and includes the items that cannot be ordered right now:
aluminum roof, mobile charger plus and for the 4S the smaller battery pack.
Rumor says other options may be available as well (I have no proof and I don't like to speculate on colors or 22kw until I see it in writing from Porsche for US spec models).

Typical custom order build/transport/delivery times for other Porsche models from the factory to your dealership is 3-4 months. Add to this the factory shuts down every August. So even if your order was started on right away in June (and it most likely won't be) the earliest it could possibly arrive (in the US) is October and will be MY21.
Is there confirmation that June builds are MY21 for US deliveries? I am only asking as one dealer mentioned that even a July build was still MY20 - granted he was not too insightful in general so I don’t have a lot of faith in what he says.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
I was told by Porshce NA at the PECATL that all 2020 Taycans will be produceed through year end 2020 and they will be 2020s. Makes sense since the car was launch in the 4th quarter with actual owner deliveries. I think you are going to be waiting until 2021 for a 2021.
Sponsored