Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
All cars ordered/built after June 2020 will be MY21 in the US.

June is the break point for MY21 and includes the items that cannot be ordered right now:
aluminum roof, mobile charger plus and for the 4S the smaller battery pack.
Rumor says other options may be available as well (I have no proof and I don't like to speculate on colors or 22kw until I see it in writing from Porsche for US spec models).

Typical custom order build/transport/delivery times for other Porsche models from the factory to your dealership is 3-4 months. Add to this the factory shuts down every August. So even if your order was started on right away in June (and it most likely won't be) the earliest it could possibly arrive (in the US) is October and will be MY21.
Where did you get this information? There will be a number of options that will be available in June, but I have not heard from any reliable source that cars ordered June or later will be Model Year 2021. In fact, I've heard this is not the case from a number of sources, and it doesn't make sense from Porsche's standpoint for a variety of reasons.
1. Given the scarcity of allocations for the Turbo S, it is very possible there will only a few hundred orders prior to June.
2. Porsche always adjusts price as well as options for a new model year. No chance they are going to do a 'price adjustment' in the next three months.
3. I've never heard of Porsche taking orders for a model year as early as June of the previous year. Do you have an example.

Given the above, I think your statement 'All cars ordered/built after June 2020 will be MY21 in the US' is incorrect.
Sponsored

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you are guessing or extrapolating from previous years,
Please state that.

let’s not be that forum that people assert things as if they know, when they are just speculating

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I have owned over 20 Audis and the Taycan will be my 9th Porsche. I have custom ordered many of them.

My most recent Porsche factory orders were a 2017 911 Targa that was ordered in June 2016 and delivered in Oct 2016 @ PEC Atlanta.
Before that was a 2016 GT4 ordered in June 2015 delivered in October 2015 at my dealership.

Note the model year in both cases is 1 year ahead of the current year and both cars were ordered in the same month and delivered in the same month.

The Taycan might be different sure. Who knows. The launch of the Taycan is very atypical of Porsche with all the delays etc. It was clearly rushed and dieselgate requirements play into that.

The availability of new options in June and the factory shutdown that always happens fit too neatly into the MY change order. The assembly lines are updated for the new options/parts etc during the August shutdown. Unless cars are held back till spring on purpose (when they need to clear the lots of prior model years excess inventory) it is typical for the fall of the current year to have the future model year vehicles.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
To me this talk about model years is moot. Aside from additional color choices I don't see anything which would make the current vehicle (4S, Turbo, Turbo S) any different.

dannyfinley

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (ordered)
Country flag
I have a Turbo ordered that is supposed to be delivered to Texas on May 15 (so far)

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I received confirmation from my dealer this morning that my 4S entered manufacture yesterday, which is 4 days ahead of the most current schedule I had received previously. Completion of manufacture still shows 13-March-2020, so no change there. Hopeful that completion dates will improve so it can get on the boat to Houston sooner! Still, I am pleased that my car is now being built! Not sure when the VIN is assigned during the process, but my dealer has assured me that they will let me know as soon as the VIN is assigned - it’s their analogy to the car’s birthdate.
More to come as I hear, but this is good news that the car is now being built. It’s been a LONG TIME since the Mission e unveiling!
Toby

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Congrats! When did you go to v250?

I went v250 last week, so I will be rooting for you And a speedy delivery! Please keepus up to date!

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
I have owned over 20 Audis and the Taycan will be my 9th Porsche. I have custom ordered many of them.

My most recent Porsche factory orders were a 2017 911 Targa that was ordered in June 2016 and delivered in Oct 2016 @ PEC Atlanta.
Before that was a 2016 GT4 ordered in June 2015 delivered in October 2015 at my dealership.

Note the model year in both cases is 1 year ahead of the current year and both cars were ordered in the same month and delivered in the same month.

The Taycan might be different sure. Who knows. The launch of the Taycan is very atypical of Porsche with all the delays etc. It was clearly rushed and dieselgate requirements play into that.

The availability of new options in June and the factory shutdown that always happens fit too neatly into the MY change order. The assembly lines are updated for the new options/parts etc during the August shutdown. Unless cars are held back till spring on purpose (when they need to clear the lots of prior model years excess inventory) it is typical for the fall of the current year to have the future model year vehicles.
How was your PECATL experience? I am having my Taycan Delivered in July to PEC Atlanta.

TIM IRELAND

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
JAGUAR XF R SPORT
Country flag
Rang my dealer today for an porsche update?
managed to get some news from Troy .. the car will be completed friday but will not be released till porsche british release date !!

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
Rang my dealer today for an porsche update?
managed to get some news from Troy .. the car will be completed friday but will not be released till porsche british release date !!
British release date is 27th March ... hope that’s welcome good news for you

TIM IRELAND

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
JAGUAR XF R SPORT
Country flag
British release date is 27th March ... hope that’s welcome good news for you
is that the date the car is released from Germany?
As i was told they will hold the car there till the release date and then a three week wait for shipping ?

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
is that the date the car is released from Germany?
As i was told they will hold the car there till the release date and then a three week wait for shipping ?
I believe they have permission to sell Taycan from that date. ETA for my 4S is 10th April (Good Friday!) I doubt they’ll release the car to on that very date, although most communications refer to a hoped for improvement to that 10/4/20, so I get the feeling that ill collect the car earlier that week ... PDI ‘plated, suited and ready to go‘ #exciting

TIM IRELAND

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
JAGUAR XF R SPORT
Country flag
Hi Bertie
it seams like a very long time since the order went in!!
but this seams to be a porsche thing ... just can't wait
Sponsored