Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I read German article that Audi stopped production on all e-tron because of battery delievery problems. The ones coming in go mostly to Porsche, so Audi had to take a step back.
I read a similar article, but the delay was listed by Audi as being 4 days.
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I read a similar article, but the delay was listed by Audi as being 4 days.
Yes, but it could get worse because the Virus is getting around Korea now and the batteries I believe come from LG Chem.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
I'm getting a bit fatigued with the delays in Turbo S allocations for the US. I'm top of the list at one of the largest Porsche dealers in the midwest, and they have yet to get a single allocation. This dealer is also one of the top rated in the country, and they have been terrific, so I'm not getting a bunch of false information from them. I placed my deposit in August of 2018 - they don't actually run the card, so they're not sitting there collecting interest on my money. I'm just frustrated with the lack of information coming from Porsche.

Anyone have any good information as to why there is a severe shortage of Turbo S allocations in the US??

Sorry to hear that... I don't know how big your dealership actually is but I can tell you there is at least one Turbo S allocation in the midwest (July delivery)!

;-)

I'm guessing most (all) of the initial TurboS builds went to DEALERS as launch vehicles. ("DieselGate" apparently required a minimum number of EV's to be initially delivered to dealers).

It appears that the very few documented US CUSTOMER TurboS deliveries are also happening around June/July. I might speculate that the production line is running on a model-by-model basis and the next US TurboS window is April/May (with corresponding deliveries in June/July). If this is true, the TurboS production windows might also be quite small (resulting in only a handful of vehicles).

...and if you're NOT assuming significant FURTHER delays (COVID-19) then I think you are kidding yourself. This virus is only getting started and as Italy is already well effected, I'm guessing factories in Germany will soon be impacted as well. (I'm already having significant difficulty in getting components produced in the Cjinese factories of my business partners - since the end of January!)

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
It´s not official confirmed, but I think there is a software problem and many Turbo S are built and waiting for an update.
Interesting - first time I've heard of anything like that. It would be good news
Sorry to hear that... I don't know how big your dealership actually is but I can tell you there is at least one Turbo S allocation in the midwest (July delivery)!

;-)

I'm guessing most (all) of the initial TurboS builds went to DEALERS as launch vehicles. ("DieselGate" apparently required a minimum number of EV's to be initially delivered to dealers).

It appears that the very few documented US CUSTOMER TurboS deliveries are also happening around June/July. I might speculate that the production line is running on a model-by-model basis and the next US TurboS window is April/May (with corresponding deliveries in June/July). If this is true, the TurboS production windows might also be quite small (resulting in only a handful of vehicles).

...and if you're NOT assuming significant FURTHER delays (COVID-19) then I think you are kidding yourself. This virus is only getting started and as Italy is already well effected, I'm guessing factories in Germany will soon be impacted as well. (I'm already having significant difficulty in getting components produced in the Cjinese factories of my business partners - since the end of January!)
True on the Covid-19. We haven't even started to see the impact...

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
4S.....Body Shop today........possibly completed 3/20 and on boat 4/3.
I expect that to change and be pushed back a bit but still a pretty good schedule.
I just learned my V250 date moved 21 days out but my V260 dated moved 28 days out. Now I go into V250 on 5/15 instead of 4/24. Anyone noticing longer start times? It now put it on the boat almost a month later...

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
My car was in production in 5 weeks not 2 weeks as the info told me..

RobboWWFC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
TBF I’m a bit f***** off with the delivery information (or lack of) from my dealer. Order placed and deposit paid 8th November. still no confirmed date. I’m hoping It’s something to do with the the UK launch events.

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Order placed and deposit paid 8th November. still no confirmed date. I’m hoping It’s something to do with the the UK launch events.
This fits with what I said back in January about your order:
I think this is a case of a dealer taking an order on "paper" but not have an actual allocation to go along with it. In order to keep the the buyer from getting upset or shopping elsewhere the salesperson tells them it is "ordered" but it's meaningless until all the 4S allocations in front of the buyer are filled and his actual allocation comes up. Not really transparent to the buyer, but I can see why sales people do this because you never know who is going to cancel or how many units they will make and don't want to risk losing a sale.

RobboWWFC did your dealer tell you how deep you are in the reservation queue?
Nope....I will ask on Monday. Thank you.

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
This fits with what I said back in January about your order:
I think he is correct.

My first dealer I tried to work with took my information after telling me a delivery date, but refused to provide me a commission number. At one point, as I became more insistent, the salesperson told me my build code from the website was my commission number.

When I spoke to the manager I was told "oh yea, we don't have any, you are going to get the next one that comes in. The one you thought you had locked the night before your deposit. Didn't we tell you?"

(to which I demanded a refund of my deposit, and called corporate on them. Switched to a new dealer that was much better, and my build just locked on Friday)

Punkdad

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Cayenne, 2017 Targa GTS4
Country flag
My car went V300 this week. In port now, waiting for ship name to start tracking (getting a bit obsessive). It is due to my dealer first week of May. Can’t wait!

Nkarakala

First Name
Nithin karakala
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag

Punkdad

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was digging around Rennlist last week and found those sites, narrowed the ships to 5 most likely, but my BA said he would get me exact ship when loaded. Thanks!

Nkarakala

First Name
Nithin karakala
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
I was digging around Rennlist last week and found those sites, narrowed the ships to 5 most likely, but my BA said he would get me exact ship when loaded. Thanks!
What I am interested is will the cars be released to us before April 10th. My dealer is not sure if Porsche NA was going to have a soft launch for the 4S, before we get our cars. My car arrives in Houston around the 15th of March. Another 4-5 days for customs and 2-3 days at the dealer for final tuneups. Would be really difficult to contain my excitement once the car arrives at the port.

Punkdad

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What I am interested is will the cars be released to us before April 10th. My dealer is not sure if Porsche NA was going to have a soft launch for the 4S, before we get our cars. My car arrives in Houston around the 15th of March. Another 4-5 days for customs and 2-3 days at the dealer for final tuneups. Would be really difficult to contain my excitement once the car arrives at the port.
My POE is San Diego, with an anticipated arrival near 5/5. I think your customs and prep estimates are pretty close, so I expect the car to hit the Phoenix area on 5/15.
Sponsored