Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
As my Millenial children would say, YOLO - you only live once. I am old enough to have lived through the last severe downturns, 1989, 2001, 2008, and also lived through their recovery. Is this different? Probably so. I have a Turbo on order for late June delivery which will obviously be pushed back till who knows when. So my solution, I committed to a Turbo S which is in stock and ready to go, once things calm down and businesses reopen. Sensable? Probably not but I am never the less excited to get it. The thought of waiting another long period of time after waiting for years just wasn't what I wanted to do. Foolish (not fuelish) ? Probably. Updates to follow...

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
As my Millenial children would say, YOLO - you only live once. I am old enough to have lived through the last severe downturns, 1989, 2001, 2008, and also lived through their recovery. Is this different? Probably so. I have a Turbo on order for late June delivery which will obviously be pushed back till who knows when. So my solution, I committed to a Turbo S which is in stock and ready to go, once things calm down and businesses reopen. Sensable? Probably not but I am never the less excited to get it. The thought of waiting another long period of time after waiting for years just wasn't what I wanted to do. Foolish (not fuelish) ? Probably. Updates to follow...
The economy is not going to bounce back if everyone stops contributing to the recovery. My Taycan purchase is my contribution to Porsche and my local dealership.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
The economy is not going to bounce back if everyone stops contributing to the recovery. My Taycan purchase is my contribution to Porsche and my local dealership.
100% I Bought my Taycan Turbo for a week ago no regrets

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

100% agree. Now is not the time to get timid and stop spending money. We are doing a lot to support the worldwide economy by buying these cars. Seriously.

Nevadagame

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley Gt. C7 ZO6. Cayenne S. Panamera Turbo. Silverado 2500 Turbo Diesel
Country flag
What a guy!

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Is anyone looking at their stock portfolio and wavering about taking delivery of their car? It's really hard to get excited about buying an almost $200k car right now.
If you worried about stock to pay for the car, in my book you shouldn’t buy it. Keep the stock, it will recover.

Minnesotan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2022 Targa 4S, 2018 E300
Country flag
I just received an email today that my Porsche dealer is closing through April 30 (other than for service). Don’t know if that will interfere with my expected pickup of car the first week in May. (BTW I’m of the YOLO school, I guess—though might not commit to buy such an expensive car were I deciding today).

Jraeven

First Name
Joop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo (cab), Cayenne S, AMG GT-C, Audi R8
Country flag
Well I have canceled my order for the Turbo. I had in my contract to clause that the car should be delivered before 30th of April. I was one of the first to order the car way back last year. I ordered the Turbo, before the 4S was on the market. To be sure I was getting one of the first cars. The car was supposed to be produced in December 2019 and delivered first week of January. First postponed to beginning of April and then beginning of June delivery. Now the production of Porsche is stopped for 2 weeks further delays will be very likely. I called my dealer and asked him since the car was so late I could change the order and add the 22 KW charger and head-up display (once available). If this would lead to a longer delivery time I would not mind, since I am waiting so long anyway. According to my sales person this was not possible, since the car is already locked for production! So, I decided to cancel the car. I am quite sure Porsche will try use a “force majeure” clause to push me to take the car. According to my lawyer under these circumstances a “force majeure” can be used as a consumer to. We will see what’s is going to happen. Perhaps after my cancelation Porsche will be will to change the order and I will take the car anyway.

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
If you worried about stock to pay for the car, in my book you shouldn’t buy it. Keep the stock, it will recover.
I guess you could get a bargain of a loan and keep the stock until it recovers ;)

I follow my plan and still keeping mine.

I just received from Porsche yesterday, that my Porsche partner had added my Porsche vehicle Taycan 4S (VIN: WP0ZZZY1ZLSAxxxxx) to my account. So, I know mine is born, but kept postnatal for time being and waiting for the stork to get permission to pick it up:rolleyes:

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
I agree with YOLO I am a trauma survivor from 2016 and the ride can end at anytime, my turbo made it on the ship last month and yes there will be delays of about 3 weeks before it gets to me. With everything shut down or shutting down I completely understand.
To be honest as much as I want the car if I could trade it for all the horrors my extended family in Northern Italy are going through I would do it in a heartbeat, we most certainly are going to lose some of our oldest family members.
I am a general labor , small business guy but was able to sell my company after a few decades of killing myself and a big part of me feels guilty receiving a car like this while so many are hurting medically and financially. I still help the new owners for the company I sold (it is all I know) and have an open invitation to stay forever so once the car comes in I know it sounds silly but it mostly will sit safe and sound in my garage while I help do my part to grind through this mess.
So many of my small business friends are not going to make it through this and it is heartbreaking.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I agree with YOLO I am a trauma survivor from 2016 and the ride can end at anytime, my turbo made it on the ship last month and yes there will be delays of about 3 weeks before it gets to me. With everything shut down or shutting down I completely understand.
To be honest as much as I want the car if I could trade it for all the horrors my extended family in Northern Italy are going through I would do it in a heartbeat, we most certainly are going to lose some of our oldest family members.
I am a general labor , small business guy but was able to sell my company after a few decades of killing myself and a big part of me feels guilty receiving a car like this while so many are hurting medically and financially. I still help the new owners for the company I sold (it is all I know) and have an open invitation to stay forever so once the car comes in I know it sounds silly but it mostly will sit safe and sound in my garage while I help do my part to grind through this mess.
So many of my small business friends are not going to make it through this and it is heartbreaking.
@domin1720 it goes without saying that the impact of COVID-19 on families and businesses is devastating. A car will never be more important than our health and welfare. I have always tried to balance and remember that the things we are fortunate enough to receive are not for free and require some type of give back. It sounds like you will be doing things to help others through the tough economic times. Thank you.

For myself, the giveback is the work in my community. Last night, I did my overnight shift as an Emergency Medical Technician on the ambulance. I have volunteered as an EMT for 21 years. Many of my friends question why I continue to work on my shifts during the crisis given the potential for serious harm to me as well as my family. It is a personal decision with no right or wrong answer. The scene in the Emergency Room last night was frightening with all the reminders of the danger of COVID-19, the dwindling supply of safety equipment, and the exhaustion of the staff who are on the front lines. The conclusion that I reached with my wife was that this was something that I had to continue doing. To sit back and watch those who find themselves in worse 911 emergency situations than myself is not an option for me. However, my decision to continue with the purchase of the Taycan does not impact how I view my role in the crisis.

TIM IRELAND

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
JAGUAR XF R SPORT
Country flag
I worry so much about my staff and there familys
and my daughter mom dad wife ...

its just a car .............. stay safe every one !!! your a long time dead
Sponsored