Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

JayGT4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Received notification today from Aberdeen, via email that delivery date is now May, instead of June. Strange since the factory is shut and in the uk were in a lockdown situation. Thoughts?
Congrats if true!

Jraeven

First Name
Joop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo (cab), Cayenne S, AMG GT-C, Audi R8
Country flag
As posted previously my Taycan was pushed back to beginning of June (before the announcement of production stop). So, I called with my dealer to shift my order to Jan 2021. With this “new” order I could change and take the 22 KW charger option. With the Corona situation in Germany and all over the world any deliveries this year will be in limbo.

(I hope everybody on this forum is okay!)

dannyfinley

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (ordered)
Country flag
Sorry to hear that.

Did you enter production yet or are you still waiting for that step?
I was still waiting for production, but with a May 8 delivery to Houston, I must have been pretty close.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I was still waiting for production, but with a May 8 delivery to Houston, I must have been pretty close.
Huh. I had a May 15 delivery to Boston, and my car was a week into production at the time of the shutdown. So my car was to be delivered to a closer spot a week later than you, but I entered production earlier than you. It’s hard to make sense of the timing of Porsche’s process.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
did your car wind up in a compound in Illingen? (mine also started production and then the shutdown happened)
Not that I know of. I think it’s still on the production line.

Minnesotan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2022 Targa 4S, 2018 E300
Country flag
Well, my car was completed and shipped to the port at Emden on March 17, and was scheduled to ship out of there on March 27. Just received updated VCode schedule now ESTIMATING departure on April 24. My sales representative also advised me that the Emden port is closed down due to COVID-19.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Well, my car was completed and shipped to the port at Emden on March 17, and was scheduled to ship out of there on March 27. Just received updated VCode schedule now ESTIMATING departure on April 24. My sales representative also advised me that the Emden port is closed down due to COVID-19.
What a mess. I wonder how many orders are getting cancelled. It's starting to look like it makes more sense to cancel your order and put a new order in after the smoke clears and they add some rev 2 features to the car.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I find it surprising that a major port would close. Does that port only deal with cars? What about other imports?

Edit. According to the internet, the port is not closed. There were 22 departures in the last 24 hours and they expect 26 arrivals in the next 24.

Last edited:

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
I find it surprising that a major port would close. Does that port only deal with cars? What about other imports?
I don't think the major ports close. Mine is going to Bremerhaven and and it will probably be shipped by one of the ro-ro ships below:
Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? 1585936766154

Minnesotan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2022 Targa 4S, 2018 E300
Country flag

Edit. According to the internet, the port is not closed. There were 22 departures in the last 24 hours and they expect 26 arrivals in the next 24.

Then my sales representative must have had bad information. Sorry. However, he texted me a screen shot of the VCode Schedule, and those changes did occur.

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It is strange there is not an updated schedule on PWL.de.

The current schedule has this note:
*Closing Emden: 2 Werktage vor Schiffsabfahrt bis 16h!
(* Closing Emden: 2 working days before departure until 16h!)

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Then my sales representative must have had bad information. Sorry. However, he texted me a screen shot of the VCode Schedule, and those changes did occur.
No problem. There could also be a lag in info, like they plan to close tomorrow or something like that so they could be right.
Sponsored