Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
I got word that my Taycan has been finished and is now waiting for delivery to Finland. No exact dates yet but handoff will be within 30 days!! Getting very excited. Will still have most of the summer to enjoy the car.
Sponsored

DQLAV

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - Renault Captur - BMW 535i F10 (prev.)
Country flag
Ordered last weekend (30 May) expected delivery at 10 August. I was really surprised because the salesman told production normally takes around 6 months..

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Wow, that’s incredibly fast. I ordered my turbo in February. Not expecting delivery until late July.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was really surprised because the salesman told production normally takes around 6 months..
It seems from the time production is started to the time of completion is 12 days or less. The trick of course is that you can order a car and wait 5 months until there is a slot and production actually starts, so "technically" that is it took 6 months to produce the car from the time you ordered ;)

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Wow, that’s incredibly fast. I ordered my turbo in February. Not expecting delivery until late July.
I ordered a Turbo S in September and am still waiting for an allocation. My dealer has given up on providing an expected date. Very frustrating, but given the grand scheme of things, understandable.

Snowbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 turbo — Taycan turbo S
Country flag
It seems from the time production is started to the time of completion is 12 days or less. The trick of course is that you can order a car and wait 5 months until there is a slot and production actually starts, so "technically" that is it took 6 months to produce the car from the time you ordered ;)
Very lucky. Cash down in feb 2018, official contract sept 2019, slot in may 2020 delivery oct 2020 with cross fingers. I did not see a lot of Canadian delivery in that forum.

ImThestig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Ordered last weekend (30 May) expected delivery at 10 August. I was really surprised because the salesman told production normally takes around 6 months..
Believe me it will be much later.... They told me in October it will be in February, and now I will get it in the end of this month

DQLAV

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - Renault Captur - BMW 535i F10 (prev.)
Country flag
Believe me it will be much later.... They told me in October it will be in February, and now I will get it in the end of this month
I really don't hope so :(
Maybe it depends on country?!
It is true that there was a production place available for the dealership, if it was not filled with a customer Taycan on time it would have become a demo.
Of course we have claimed that place, the sooner the better! We'll have to wait and hope for the best...

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
I ordered a Turbo S in September and am still waiting for an allocation. My dealer has given up on providing an expected date. Very frustrating, but given the grand scheme of things, understandable.
Find a different dealer :).
When we got our allocation we called every dealer in the SF Bay area and ones in Norcal and SoCal. Found a few that were going to be a May delivery back in February(June/July now... its waiting for a boat). Depending on the dealer we called, they either had slots or huge waiting lists.

AJDiBianca

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4, Cayenne Turbo, Cayenne, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ditto.

"My dealer has given up on providing an expected date."

Unfortunately, it seems that some dealers have too many orders and too few allocations, that they really don't know when your allocation may be available.
Ordered a 4S on 11/12/19 and just told today it cleared production and will be delivered before the end of this month 6/24/20. I'M HOPEFUL!

Last edited:

dmb

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ordered yesterday, was told there was a spot for Nov 2020. Other dealers I talked to said Q1 2021. for a taycan 4S model.

kennedyjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Audi A6
Has anyone in the SF Bay Area gotten their car yet. If so what dealership? I am looking to place a deposit and want to know which dealers are good and have short wait times?

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Has anyone in the SF Bay Area gotten their car yet. If so what dealership? I am looking to place a deposit and want to know which dealers are good and have short wait times?
I am in the bay area and I ordered from someone out of state and having it delivered to the PEC in LA. For the bay area, I was number 200 on a list when I put a deposit last year, and I even called down to Monterrey and the answer I generally got was it would be a 12-18 months. That was pre-covid, so it may be very different now.

I am expecting my car this summer. If you want a name to try out of state, let me know.
Sponsored