Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
My 4S arrived into Hull last night (3mths behind schedule) and confirmed to be at the dealer Monday ... now for a nervous couple of days awaiting pdi & hopefully get to collect it Thurs or Fri then home to Northern Ireland like a scalded cat (pretty excited about 300 miles to enjoy the car on that journey)
Sponsored

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
My 4S arrived into Hull last night (3mths behind schedule) and confirmed to be at the dealer Monday ... now for a nervous couple of days awaiting pdi & hopefully get to collect it Thurs or Fri then home to Northern Ireland like a scalded cat (pretty excited about 300 miles to enjoy the car on that journey)
Cool, congrats. Hope to get mine the same day!

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
2. I also see mention that an order already visible in the portal (placed in April) is going to be a MY2021, yet my order placed last November (not yet visible in the portal) is still going to be a MY2020. I'm all for getting my car ASAP, but the difference in MY's can mean thousands of dollars when it comes time to sell the vehicle. Is the factory currently producing MY2021's or not? ...or could this also be a country specific thing?

I've asked my SR to run this up the line and see what he info gets as well... Any insight would be appreciated...

Mine was ordered late February, will be in production July 3 and I have been told it is 2020. Curious.

Chuck

It really looks like they are running the production line country-by-country. It appears we are now in the middle of a production run of vehicles destined for the USA...

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
2. I also see mention that an order already visible in the portal (placed in April) is going to be a MY2021, yet my order placed last November (not yet visible in the portal) is still going to be a MY2020. I'm all for getting my car ASAP, but the difference in MY's can mean thousands of dollars when it comes time to sell the vehicle. Is the factory currently producing MY2021's or not? ...or could this also be a country specific thing?

I've asked my SR to run this up the line and see what he info gets as well... Any insight would be appreciated...

Mine was ordered late February, will be in production July 3 and I have been told it is 2020. Curious.

Chuck
I have a July build and a November delivery and it'll be a 2020. It might be one of the last cars built. I'm seriously stupid for accepting that (as it was supposed to be Sep delivery). Considering cancelling (vehicle isn't locked) and waiting to get something later, because a Jan delivery will get me a whole extra year of carpool lane usage, and not be a year behind in depreciation.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
because a Jan delivery will get me a whole extra year of carpool lane usage,
Can't you just apply for the sticker in January? I am also in CA and expecting my car in August so that is what I was planning to do. I didn't see anything that said you had to apply within a certain time of getting the car - only that you can only apply if you bought it as a new car.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Can't you just apply for the sticker in January? I am also in CA and expecting my car in August so that is what I was planning to do. I didn't see anything that said you had to apply within a certain time of getting the car - only that you can only apply if you bought it as a new car.
I was going to look into that. I'd be more upset with the extra $10k depreciation (seriously, can't they just put 2021 on the monroney) if I wasn't already resigned to the huge depreciation already. :p

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My Story, thus far:
  1. Watched 6am world premier launch event Sept 4, 2019.
  2. Test drove at California Bay Area dealership #1 in October and put down deposit on 2nd test drive /w wife day, in queue position 309 for a dealership with higher than normal allocation.
  3. Waited and got to approx position ~#150 for the 4S model by Feb 2020
  4. Looked at other dealerships in approx area. Found #2 in central California that had 2 allocations available. Took the 2nd allovation with a 2nd deposit for an ~June 2020 keeping my 1st deposit as well incase anything fails. ;-)
  5. Called Porsche North America every 2 weeks checking on dates, shifted out 6 weeks from original date to estimated dealer delivery Nov 13th, but still OK.
  6. Yesterday, June 26th my build froze. Today I was sent a estimated dealer delivery Oct 30th!
  7. I will now close my reservation at dealership #1.
  8. Already a co-member of PCA as my son has a 2000 Boxster S, he convinced me of the workmanship in Porsche vehicles.
This will be my first Porsche and my 2nd EV, I have had a Bolt EV for a bit over 2 years. It's quite peppy at 160kW, but somehow I think my 4S+ will be a bit more peppy at 320kW and 420kW /w Launch Control.

I had a hard time configuring car, so many things but mostly focused on inside and drivability. Configured the Performance Package and Premium Package, InnoDrive, RWS, Night Vision....
Delivery to PECLA for the experience!

My technique, when dealing with an auto company with a horse as its emblem, its best to ride a few to make sure you can get one on your stable.

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
You must have had a special option as I ordered mind with an April allocation and get it late August.

Chuck J

zelement

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Panamera 4S. 19 Cayenne S
Country flag
Dealer just told me my car arrived at Port of Houston last night. I guess they are going to truck it to San Diego? Wonder why they did it this way instead of dropping it off at the Port of San Diego...

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Dealer just told me my car arrived at Port of Houston last night. I guess they are going to truck it to San Diego? Wonder why they did it this way instead of dropping it off at the Port of San Diego...
I bet it's faster.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Count yourself lucky. My car is expected on the West Coast in 3 weeks, so I would have preferred it it caught an earlier boat and got trucked to LA. ;)

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Our Taycan Turbo S arrived at the dealer in Madrid yesterday morning unannounced ! On Friday it was supposed to still be in Germany after finishing build on the 20th of June. Registration should be ready today, insurance tomorrow and PDI by Thursday. I have a dilemma now. I am going on a 2000 km. trip down to the Algarve on Friday and I am tempted to take the Taycan. However it makes little sense as there are no fast chargers on route. Thin and far-between 50kW chargers availability plus three stops totaling almost 4 hours (according to ABRP) versus one fill-up and 10 minutes for gas and leak are not comparable. Not to mention as well the scorching temperatures around 40°C. I suspect charging would take longer as we would have to stay in the car while charging and AC would have to work at full blast. Also involved are factors like our unfamiliarity with the car, three different charging networks, and the possibility of being stranded without electrons as we would have no information as to real consumption on our car before the trip.

However, common sense is against soul and passion. The prospect of leaving the car at home without enjoying it after a long wait is also difficult. My alternative vehicle is an AMG E63S Wagon with 612 gas-guzzling horsepower.

A few lousy photos of the car at the dealer follow.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? 7572B32C-6789-49D0-9A19-12291F1A44DB

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? 2715D3C3-C43D-4350-8061-BE10149EA2B6

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? 7F5FEE9E-66D8-4252-808A-79D775F674BB

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? EF2D2F8C-090A-4605-AFBB-8C54B5E2FD77

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Roberto @Pozuelo I am not trying to convince you to make that Journey but I would tell you that if you're using ABRP that you should tweak the watts per mile or per km to closer to a WLTP figure. the numbers I have seen them use are more like EPA and very pessimistic from all reports that have been collected while driving at a semi-normal state. Remember that is the estimated watts per distance at a relatively slow speed. I am using US units and I tweaked it from 405 to 350watts/mi and I show the 441 mi trip with 3 charging stops of 2h15min so expect no more than 3hrs with problems, but 6h56m driving at the limit, you I need to put in your percentage of speed limit but I do suggest you tweak down the efficiency number to a more reasonable value then their pessimistic one. I don't fault ABRP as they do not have data from enough customers to want to update the value.
The high heat is not a bad thing for the battery nor the wind resistance, it will cause a lot of air conditioning usage but that is a lot lower fuel usage then heating. If you're able to exploit the ventilated seats then you can probably not cool the cabin quite so much as well.

It would certainly be more of an adventure, maybe too much more. :cool:

Congratulations on your car, it's beautiful, even with the shipping tape and foam. The Bordeaux Red and Black is the same interior spec as my 4S in October.

P.S. For the Taycan 4S with the 20" wheels in ABRP I use 300w/mi @ 65mph.

Last edited:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Our Taycan Turbo S arrived at the dealer in Madrid yesterday morning unannounced ! On Friday it was supposed to still be in Germany after finishing build on the 20th of June. Registration should be ready today, insurance tomorrow and PDI by Thursday. I have a dilemma now. I am going on a 2000 km. trip down to the Algarve...

EF2D2F8C-090A-4605-AFBB-8C54B5E2FD77.jpeg
Wow, what a sports car!

But really??? If you don't want to drive that beauty, I came over and drive it for you. Slow charging gives me just enough time to learn more about the car and make some great youtube videos for all the other friends here desperatly waiting for their share of EV heaven!