Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Well, this isn’t a good sign. I asked my dealer for an update. They don’t have an allocation yet. He did say that I will need to worry about getting winter tires immediately when the car arrives!!! Ouch.
When was your order placed and did they indicate when you might get an allocation? Are they under-delivering, or are you just on a wait list? They should have some idea of how many allocations they're getting per month in relation to their wait list and your current. position.
Sponsored

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
When was your order placed and did they indicate when you might get an allocation? Are they under-delivering, or are you just on a wait list? They should have some idea of how many allocations they're getting per month in relation to their wait list and your current. position.
I put my deposit down in September 2019. The dealer hasn’t had any Turbo S allocations in the last few months. The first Turbo S allocations they had went to people that put deposits down much earlier. They have had plenty of 4S since though. They aren’t really under-delivering as they have been relatively transparent when I contact them. They say I am next on the list for a Turbo S. At this point, I want a MY2021 anyway given it is late in the year - I also want to add deviated stitching.

I am loving driving my GTR knowing it is last summer (I hope!!) with it.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
V260 on July 5 - 5 days ahead of schedule! Original delivery date was Sept 4. :rock:

Last edited:

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
What is your V300 now? My V260 was/is(?) July 31.
Sorry! Typo - my V260 was July 5, 'expected date' was July 10. My V300 'expected date' is 7/24, so if we take off the 5 days, it could be done 7/19.

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
V331 as of today for me! Woo Hoo! A week ahead of the most recent schedule too. Now to figure out what ship she'll be on...

ceresma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S90D 2015
Country flag
I got a call yesterday from my dealer. Apparently my car is sitting at the port (Emden) waiting for software updates. Been there about a month. No shipping date!!!

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I got a call yesterday from my dealer. Apparently my car is sitting at the port (Emden) waiting for software updates. Been there about a month. No shipping date!!!
And my car is sitting somewhere between Davisville RI and NJ waiting for "quality issue" to be resolved. At least it made it across the pond...

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
My Turbo S (actuals):

V260 Vehicle entry to body shop 06/19/2020
V270 Vehicle exit production 06/29/2020
V300 Vehicle completion 07/01/2020
V331 Entry port Emden 07/02/2020

She was originally scheduled to depart Emden on 7/17 but it now looks like she will be loaded on the "Swift Ace" departing Emden on 7/15 (next Wed). I'm still waiting for the ship's official schedule to be published, but I expect she would be offloaded in Baltimore on/about 7/28...

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
I put my deposit down in September 2019. The dealer hasn’t had any Turbo S allocations in the last few months. The first Turbo S allocations they had went to people that put deposits down much earlier. They have had plenty of 4S since though. They aren’t really under-delivering as they have been relatively transparent when I contact them. They say I am next on the list for a Turbo S. At this point, I want a MY2021 anyway given it is late in the year - I also want to add deviated stitching.

I am loving driving my GTR knowing it is last summer (I hope!!) with it.
Makes sense. I'd just stick it out and remain patient for your allocation, esp if you're waiting for MY2021. Porsche production and allocation is a bit of a mysterious beast, if you haven't been through it before.

Absolutely nothing wrong with one last summer in the GTR! Enjoy that. I suspect you're looking at a Dec/Jan delivery once the dust settles for your build.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
My Turbo S (actuals):

V260 Vehicle entry to body shop 06/19/2020
V270 Vehicle exit production 06/29/2020
V300 Vehicle completion 07/01/2020
V331 Entry port Emden 07/02/2020

She was originally scheduled to depart Emden on 7/17 but it now looks like she will be loaded on the "Swift Ace" departing Emden on 7/15 (next Wed). I'm still waiting for the ship's official schedule to be published, but I expect she would be offloaded in Baltimore on/about 7/28...
Although I was recently informed her offload was changed to Baltimore, it looks like she will still be offloaded in Houston as originally documented...

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
And my car is sitting somewhere between Davisville RI and NJ waiting for "quality issue" to be resolved. At least it made it across the pond...
Skier, if I remember correctly your Taycan came over on the Confucius, just as mine did, arriving at Davisville 6/30. I too had a ‘Quality Action’ hold (well, the car did, not I...) which was released last Wednesday, having gone into effect the prior Thursday. With any luck it will finally be on a truck this week. After incessant pestering by me, my Sales Advisor contacted the Davisville port manager asking what ‘quality action’ meant and here is the reply:

Port Quality Actions are applied and cleared by the German Quality Team. PAG will not share any information other than the block until they confirm exactly what needs to be inspected. Once received by the PCNA Team, it is shared with the ports and we proceed as quickly as possible.

My apologies but we are legally not able to disclose or share any information on any Port Quality Action. These are considered internal and highly confidential.

Good news on this one is we have just received information and hope to clear this particular action in the very near future. Provided the car passes the inspection we should be releasing soon.
I’d say perhaps a s/w update, or I seem to remember there was a recall for a grounding issue so maybe that was addressed. In any event ‘Quality Actions are applied and cleared by the German Quality Team‘, so that implies that the issue was known when the car left Germany, so outside of port damage at Emden, it likely is nothing to worry about.
Sponsored

Last edited: