Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, I looked at my order tracking sheet and it shows 20 days from completion and entry at Emden to exit at Emden! Does this mean the car just sits there waiting on a boat for 20 days??:mad:
Yes, if you’re lucky. Could be a lot longer...
Sponsored

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
What do your "VCodes" say? You need to get these from your sales person! It should show scheduled dates, as well as actual dates, for pretty much everything...

- V331 will tell you what date the car was scheduled and actually got to the shipping port (Emden).

- V332 will tell you the date the car is scheduled to be loaded and depart the shipping port.

Once you have V332, you can go here and download the current PWL shipping schedule (unfortunately its not always up to date): Porsche Export Schedule for USA

If the schedule is up to date, you should be able to identify the ship you car will most likely be loaded on. Compare the "Expected Load Ready Date" and find one which is closest to your V332 date (but NOT before). You will also be able to see the dates when the ship is scheduled to arrive at your offload port. You might also see some opportunities for "early loading" in the ship list. ...but yeah, if there are no ships departing for the USA until your V332 date, then you are going to wait...

Of course, all this info is ALSO in your "VCodes", but one you get to the actual Ship Name and the ships scheduled dates, it can be more accurate - and you can watch your ships progress on marinetraffic.com...
Thanks for the info. My V codes are V331 on 7/24 and V332 8/14. However, I'm 4 days ahead of schedule with V331 completed 7/20. Don't know if this means I'll get on another boat. Sounds like probably not, and I'll just have to wait...

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
What do your "VCodes" say? You need to get these from your sales person! It should show scheduled dates, as well as actual dates, for pretty much everything...

- V331 will tell you what date the car was scheduled and actually got to the shipping port (Emden).

- V332 will tell you the date the car is scheduled to be loaded and depart the shipping port.

Once you have V332, you can go here and download the current PWL shipping schedule (unfortunately its not always up to date): Porsche Export Schedule for USA

If the schedule is up to date, you should be able to identify the ship you car will most likely be loaded on. Compare the "Expected Load Ready Date" and find one which is closest to your V332 date (but NOT before). You will also be able to see the dates when the ship is scheduled to arrive at your offload port. You might also see some opportunities for "early loading" in the ship list. ...but yeah, if there are no ships departing for the USA until your V332 date, then you are going to wait...

Of course, all this info is ALSO in your "VCodes", but one you get to the actual Ship Name and the ships scheduled dates, it can be more accurate - and you can watch your ships progress on marinetraffic.com...
I’ve been doing for weeks everything that you suggested. My problem is that there’s no ship on the schedule that matches what Porsche is predicting will happen with my car. Very frustrating...

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for the info. My V codes are V331 on 7/24 and V332 8/14. However, I'm 4 days ahead of schedule with V331 completed 7/20. Don't know if this means I'll get on another boat. Sounds like probably not, and I'll just have to wait...
Don’t count on getting on an earlier ship - based on my experience...

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Don’t count on getting on an earlier ship - based on my experience...
Don't count on anything! They cant even deliver a car from England to Scotland on schedule. I really feel the pain from our US cousins!

taycan4s_nl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Hi all,

I didn't introduce me (yet) but I'm waiting for delivery of my 4s volcano gray fully specced.
Dealer called me last week that the car has been build and that I could expect delivery this month. In the meantime I received an email from Porsche that the VIN number is assocated to my Porsche ID.

Looking forward to collect the car, I was really amazed by the driving of the demo I took for a spin, handling is awesome in the 4s.

Drove a 991.1 GT3 for 1,5 year, drove several Audi RS models (including the loud v10) and considerd myself as a real petrolhead, but still made the switch without any regret to an electric ;)

Will share pics of delivery soon!

Cheers

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Whats your offload port (U002)?

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag

I think this used to work better than it does right now. My official schedule indicates that my car will leave Emden on August 7 and reach Benicia on September 4. Except that if you refer to the official schedule above, there is no ship between now and September that leaves Emden and goes to Benicia. So clearly there is some other plan for my car than what is in the current official status. Sadly, Porsche hasn't deigned to let either my dealer or me know what that plan is...

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think this used to work better than it does right now. My official schedule indicates that my car will leave Emden on August 7 and reach Benicia on September 4. Except that if you refer to the official schedule above, there is no ship between now and September that leaves Emden and goes to Benicia. So clearly there is some other plan for my car than what is in the current official status. Sadly, Porsche hasn't deigned to let either my dealer or me know what that plan is...
Your Porsche "VCODES" (and UCODES) should be kept up to date and should be accurate regardless of what the shipping schedule says. If your codes are current and say the car is going to Benicia, then thats where it is going. Your car won't be loaded until there is a ship in port which is going there (or until your codes are changed to reflect otherwise).

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Davisville
Even though you completed the V331 4 days early on 7/20, your scheduling might not have been changed in time to make the Goodwod (departing 7/21 for arrival in Davisville on 8/3). They don't just scoop up any/all cars which are sitting at the port. The scheduling needs to be updated as the actuals change. Your car only arrived 1 day before the Goodwod was supposed to sail and it was early...

Maybe you are on the next boat headed for Davisville: Mediterranean Highway departing 8/1 for est arrival 8/11...

Your "VCodes" should indicate any changes to your schedule as they become effective...

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Even though you completed the V331 4 days early on 7/20, your scheduling might not have been changed in time to make the Goodwod (departing 7/21 for arrival in Davisville on 8/3). They don't just scoop up any/all cars which are sitting at the port. The scheduling needs to be updated as the actuals change. Your car only arrived 1 day before the Goodwod was supposed to sail and it was early...

Maybe you are on the next boat headed for Davisville: Mediterranean Highway departing 8/1 for est arrival 8/11...

Your "VCodes" should indicate any changes to your schedule as they become effective...
Goodwood departed late today from Emden. Due in Halifax on 7/31 and Davisville on 8/3. Then on to Houston.

OMGitsME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic, 2020 Taycan 4S+
Country flag
My dealer just told me that my Taycan left Emden Port Germany - on a ship called Good Wood - headed to Halifax Canada, then to New York, Jacksonville and finally Houston. My Taycan will be unloaded at Houston and then delivered to my local dealer. Probably mid to late Aug delivery final delivery I am thinking.

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
My dealer just told me that my Taycan left Emden Port Germany - on a ship called Good Wood - headed to Halifax Canada, then to New York, Jacksonville and finally Houston. My Taycan will be unloaded at Houston and then delivered to my local dealer. Probably mid to late Aug delivery final delivery I am thinking.
After Halifax, Goodwood is scheduled to stop in RI (not NY), skip Jacksonville and dock in Houston on August 10 - all per the official schedule posted by shipping company.
Sponsored