Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Yeah, I ordered my Turbo in December, and yesterday I was informed that delivery is now expected on September 25. The car entered the body shop on June 26, but didn’t complete manufacturing until July 17.
If it makes you feel any better, my experience here on the East Coast is also similar to yours. I submitted my 4S reservation at the end of February, and I expect it in September.
Sponsored

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
If it makes you feel any better, my experience here on the East Coast is also similar to yours. I submitted my 4S reservation at the end of February, and I expect it in September.
I'm guessing they are building the cars in "batches" according to specific model (4S, Turbo, Turbo S).

My Turbo S Allocation was assigned at the end of Nov and my car is currently on the boat for a delivery mid-August. I don't think you guys are having any different an experience from many others. If you got your allocations assigned in Feb and are expecting it in Sept, then you are actually being processed FASTER than many...

ceresma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S90D 2015
Country flag
My car made it to Rhode Island! Was in PDI starting yesterday. getting closer!!
Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? IMG_0958

JJTO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911S Cab; '97 NSX; BMW X5, Suburban
Country flag
I was kinda shocked too to be honest. Not really sure how my dealer/SA got everything through so quickly. It was ahead of the production (V codes) schedule they gave me when I ordered. I'm working Porsche of North Houston and those guys are total Porsche fanatics.

taycantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model X, 2020 Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Original order deposit placed 3/21/18 selected a T4S and built deposit placed December 2019 with a delivery of April 2020 but delayed... It is now built and on the Glovis Challenger and due at dealer in CA 8/20/2020
I’m on this one as well...
- July 2018, got on local dealer interest list, no deposit required
- March 2020, walked in to check out a dealer demo and took an open April build slot
- Build delayed
- June 15 car complete
- Currently on board the Glovis Challenger for late August delivery

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Yeah, I ordered my Turbo in December, and yesterday I was informed that delivery is now expected on September 25. The car entered the body shop on June 26, but didn’t complete manufacturing until July 17.
OMG that is even worse. Mine was originally promised for end of April delivery...

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I really think they are building the Taycans in groups based on their base model (4s, Turbo, Turbo S). I have nothing to validate this other than these exact type of postings.

If your order a 4S you might get a quick delivery if they a currently (or soon) building 4S Taycans. You might also have to wait a really long time if you are in a limited production group (Turbo S) if they don't have a manufacturing window opening for a while.

Again, I'm just guessing about this...

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (2011), Range Rover (2016)
Country flag
I really think they are building the Taycans in groups based on their base model (4s, Turbo, Turbo S). I have nothing to validate this other than these exact type of postings.

If your order a 4S you might get a quick delivery if they a currently (or soon) building 4S Taycans. You might also have to wait a really long time if you are in a limited production group (Turbo S) if they don't have a manufacturing window opening for a while.

Don't be so sure i am still waiting for my 4S ordered in September 2019. Was due in April but then Covid and since 5 promised deliveries not met!!! Spoke to dealer today whos says they are in contact with the factory every day and cannot get any information as to what status my car is at. 15 days ago the status was it was finished but selected for quality control check. Since that point we cannot get any information what so ever. Have now threatened to either drive to Stuttgart and speak with executive management direct and stay there until i see the car loaded on the truck with delivery to Vienna or take legal action. Anyone have the name and telephone number of the boss?

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag

Do you have a theory about how they’re deciding when to ship completed vehicles that are languishing at the port?

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you have a theory about how they’re deciding when to ship completed vehicles that are languishing at the port?
If your car got to the port before your scheduled departure date - and the scheduling wasn't updated - then it wouldn't have gotten loaded in any case.

How many boats - which were scheduled to stop at your "offload" port - departed AFTER your cars SCHEDULED departure date?

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
If your car got to the port before your scheduled departure date - and the scheduling wasn't updated - then it wouldn't have gotten loaded in any case.

How many boats - which were scheduled to stop at your "offload" port - departed AFTER your cars SCHEDULED departure date?
No boats have left yet without my car after the scheduled departure date. The next (Mediterranean Highway) is loading now. Fingers starting to go numb from being crossed for so long!

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No boats have left yet without my car after the scheduled departure date. The next (Mediterranean Highway) is loading now. Fingers starting to go numb from being crossed for so long!
So you didn't actually miss any boats according to your schedule.

Have a beer, relax! Savor the anticipation!

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
So you didn't actually miss any boats according to your schedule.

Have a beer, relax! Savor the anticipation!
That’s right, no boats formally missed - but hope sprung eternal that I would get on the boat that left 17 days after my car got to the port.

I placed my order on 11/19/19 - for a March build and delivery expected on 5/10 (as a birthday present to myself for a BIG, BIG birthday on 5/31). COVID got in the way big time, I know. Unfortunately, savoring turned into frustration a while ago. But when the car arrives, I’ll be acting like someone much younger than I. And I’ll savor the times ahead...

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s right, no boats formally missed - but hope sprung eternal that I would get on the boat that left 17 days after my car got to the port.

I placed my order on 11/19/19 - for a March build and delivery expected on 5/10 (as a birthday present to myself for a BIG, BIG birthday on 5/31). COVID got in the way big time, I know. Unfortunately, savoring turned into frustration a while ago. But when the car arrives, I’ll be acting like someone much younger than I. And I’ll savor the times ahead...
Sounds like someone simply didn't update your schedule to get you on the next available boat...
Sponsored