Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sounds like someone simply didn't update your schedule to get you on the next available boat...
I can’t find anyone who knows when or why the schedules are updated. I was told again and again by my very experienced salesperson that the schedules are nothing more than estimates. And he kept predicting that my car would arrive well before the expected date. That’s why I was so disappointed that my car didn’t make the boat that left 17 days after my car got to the port. I’ve probably ranted more than enough by now...
Sponsored

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I got the latest status with a planned port exit of 7/31/20:
Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? 7 29 20 status

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
I can’t find anyone who knows when or why the schedules are updated. I was told again and again by my very experienced salesperson that the schedules are nothing more than estimates. And he kept predicting that my car would arrive well before the expected date. That’s why I was so disappointed that my car didn’t make the boat that left 17 days after my car got to the port. I’ve probably ranted more than enough by now...
Some schedule HAS to be updated at some point. You don't really think that the stevedores just load all the cars they can find/fit and hope for the best? Thats also why the published schedules have both an "estimated" and an "actual" column.

Somewhere, someone, has to update some schedule so your car gets put on a boat! Maybe they didn't do that in a time for you to make an earlier boat. Maybe the earlier boat was full. Who knows.

In any case, I bet your published schedule gets updated by the time your car gets put on a boat. Call it a coincidence if your sales person insists...

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
Now this is a welcome email:

Good news: your vehicle is on its way from Germany! This means we can begin the process of scheduling your delivery date. We have opened up our calendar for the next available dates for your PEC Atlanta Delivery. These dates are active and are assigned at a first come-first serve basis, so please let us know as soon as possible so we may reserve your preferred date.
I must have been loaded on to the Med Highway, meaning it may be running a couple days ahead of schedule. I haven't seen an updated tracker to see if I'm officially at V332 yet, but I'll take this email as a darn good sign!

Brent

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Some schedule HAS to be updated at some point.
I hope you are wrong.
On the one hand, based on the dealer conversation, I am expecting to pick up my car next week, on the other, my schedule still says that I am waiting to go to Emden.
They said it isn't unusual lately for their logistics system to not be updating older records.

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Some schedule HAS to be updated at some point. You don't really think that the stevedores just load all the cars they can find/fit and hope for the best? Thats also why the published schedules have both an "estimated" and an "actual" column.

Somewhere, someone, has to update some schedule so your car gets put on a boat! Maybe they didn't do that in a time for you to make an earlier boat. Maybe the earlier boat was full. Who knows.

In any case, I bet your published schedule gets updated by the time your car gets put on a boat. Call it a coincidence if your sales person insists...
I’m on the Mediterranean Highway!!!!!

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks like the Swift Ace may have to sail through some pretty rough weather this weekend as she transits between Jacksonville and Houston... Fingers crossed!

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Don't be so sure i am still waiting for my 4S ordered in September 2019. Was due in April but then Covid and since 5 promised deliveries not met!!! Spoke to dealer today whos says they are in contact with the factory every day and cannot get any information as to what status my car is at. 15 days ago the status was it was finished but selected for quality control check. Since that point we cannot get any information what so ever. Have now threatened to either drive to Stuttgart and speak with executive management direct and stay there until i see the car loaded on the truck with delivery to Vienna or take legal action. Anyone have the name and telephone number of the boss?
Maybe Austria has special EV regulations, which results in delays? Do you know if your Taycan is still at Zuffenhausen? Be patient, it will eventually arrive...

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Don't be so sure i am still waiting for my 4S ordered in September 2019. Was due in April but then Covid and since 5 promised deliveries not met!!! Spoke to dealer today whos says they are in contact with the factory every day and cannot get any information as to what status my car is at. 15 days ago the status was it was finished but selected for quality control check. Since that point we cannot get any information what so ever. Have now threatened to either drive to Stuttgart and speak with executive management direct and stay there until i see the car loaded on the truck with delivery to Vienna or take legal action. Anyone have the name and telephone number of the boss?
Not to question your frustration, but...

Ordered your 4S in "September 2019"? You got your 4S allocation in Sept 2019? You may have had an agreement with your dealer, but you don't actually get in line for production until you have an allocation...

AFAIK: Porsche wasn't taking orders for the 4S until 1st qtr 2020...

Last edited:

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (2011), Range Rover (2016)
Country flag

Ordered your 4S in "September 2019"? You got your 4S allocation in Sept 2019? You may have had an agreement with your dealer, but you don't actually get in line for production until you have an allocation...

Ordered in September with build date April

Cilviloze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster, MB E class, MB S class, Alphard
Country flag
I placed an order last month and expected delivery is in April.

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag

I ordered my 4S in November with a March build date. It was an actual order. I got the confirmation build in writing....

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag