Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Ordered in September with build date April
I got on the list on 8 Dec 2018 and ordered my 4S+ 6 Dec 2019 for production slot in Feb and delivery in end of April. My car is another 3 weeks out. So you are not alone...

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I was at my dealer today and was told my car was loaded onto the Mediterranean Highway, departing Emden tomorrow August 1. Whew. Placed my order March 13.

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was at my dealer today and was told my car was loaded onto the Mediterranean Highway, departing Emden tomorrow August 1. Whew. Placed my order March 13.
The Mediterranean Highway has left Emden - and is expected to arrive in RI at 2:30pm on 8/10, a day earlier than planned...

Last edited:

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
[Popcorn] The Swift Ace is now departing Jacksonville. She is currently outbound in the St John's River. They changed the ETA in Houston until Aug 5 (was Aug 4). I'm kind of surprised she's pulling out in the face of Hurricane Isaias... Maybe she's going to drop the hook in some sheltered water before she reaches the ocean... [/Popcorn]

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
[Popcorn] The Swift Ace is now departing Jacksonville. She is currently outbound in the St John's River. They changed the ETA in Houston until Aug 5 (was Aug 4). I'm kind of surprised she's pulling out in the face of Hurricane Isaias... Maybe she's going to drop the hook in some sheltered water before she reaches the ocean... [/Popcorn]
She should be able to make it around the southern tip of Florida - and into the Guif of Mexico - before the storm has a chance to hit that area...

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
She should be able to make it around the southern tip of Florida - and into the Guif of Mexico - before the storm has a chance to hit that area...
I doubt it...

Records indicate the Swift Ace has a nominal speed of about 14 kts (in calm water). Its about 500 miles from Jax to Key West. That translates to 434 Nautical miles. 434/14 = 31 Hours to clear Key West. She's just getting ready to clear the river right now. That would put her in the open at about 7:30pm eastern time. If all the above are correct, she's not going to clear Key West until at least 0230 on Sunday Morning.

National Hurricane Center shows TS Winds reaching Southern Florida at about 2PM on Saturday Afternoon. This puts her in the thick of it for about 12 hrs.

[Popcorn] Just Sayin' [/Popcorn]

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I doubt it...

Records indicate the Swift Ace has a nominal speed of about 14 kts (in calm water). Its about 500 miles from Jax to Key West. That translates to 434 Nautical miles. 434/14 = 31 Hours to clear Key West. She's just getting ready to clear the river right now. That would put her in the open at about 7:30pm eastern time. If all the above are correct, she's not going to clear Key West until at least 0230 on Sunday Morning.

National Hurricane Center shows TS Winds reaching Southern Florida at about 2PM on Saturday Afternoon. This puts her in the thick of it for about 12 hrs.

[Popcorn] Just Sayin' [/Popcorn]
Oops!

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If anyone wants to "share my popcorn": Swift Ace Real Time Position and Speed

It looks like she just dropped off the pilot and She's doing 10.2 knots as I type this. I'll be curious what speed she settles in at. Maybe she's going to make a run around the east side of the storm and come back in behind it....

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
For those of you on the GOODWOOD, it's already arrived and left Halifax, on its way to Davisville. A very quick 12 hour stop in Canada! My car is finally home one soil... Only 4500km left to travel by train to get across the country to the West Coast.

Now I'm getting excited!

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If anyone wants to "share my popcorn": Swift Ace Real Time Position and Speed

It looks like she just dropped off the pilot and She's doing 10.2 knots as I type this. I'll be curious what speed she settles in at. Maybe she's going to make a run around the east side of the storm and come back in behind it....
Yup, looks like Swift Ace is going to make an end run around Isaias. She's well off shore and still headed due east at 14.6 knots. She never turned south after departing Jacksonville yesterday evening. Looks like she's gonna pivot around the Bahamas and keep the islands between her and the storm. Nice!

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Swift Ace is back in AIS range!

Just passing the southern tip of Abaco in the Bahamas. She's making 14.1 knots now headed due west with a Houston ETA of 5 Aug at 1900...

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Coming in (fingers and toes crossed) 10/16/20
9E16E5D4-8125-4A74-9497-EB9912BF4DBA.png
Oh wow....

Our original fixed date and production completion date is exactly the same, despite my car will be heading east to Asia... I called my salesman a few weeks ago because I read about the ramping up of production in this forum...but he told me the estimated delivery had not changed...

My car is supposed to exit the production line on Sept 4, but would stay in Bremerhaven until Oct 9....I was hoping it would be done early and perhaps catch an earlier boat....guess they only shorten the production time, but the queue is still there...