Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
When did most people get a final confirmed shipping date?

Was it before or after the car has left the production line?

Was it very close to the original assigned date?

My car is scheduled to leave the line in exactly 2 weeks, but it will not leave Bremerhaven until OCT 9...I am just hoping Porsche is extremely conservative with the dates and will adjust it after the car is completed.
These are all the screenshots I got:
Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? ProductionScheduleScreenshot20200601 - Copy

Screenshot date 2020-06-01

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? ProductionScheduleScreenshot20200622

Screenshot date 2020-06-22

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? ProductionScheduleScreenshot20200703

Screenshot date 2020-07-03

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? ProductionScheduleScreenshot20200710

Screenshot date 2020-07-10

This should give you some idea on the process.

My Taycan should be with the dealer today or tomorrow...

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
These are all the screenshots I got:
ProductionScheduleScreenshot20200601 - Copy.png

Screenshot date 2020-06-01

ProductionScheduleScreenshot20200622.png

Screenshot date 2020-06-22

ProductionScheduleScreenshot20200703.png

Screenshot date 2020-07-03

ProductionScheduleScreenshot20200710.png

Screenshot date 2020-07-10

This should give you some idea on the process.

My Taycan should be with the dealer today or tomorrow...
That's like a month ahead of schedule? That's very impressive...

Did you ask your salesmen for updates or did they proactively updated you. Which port is your car getting unloaded? Shanghai?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
That's like a month ahead of schedule? That's very impressive...

Did you ask your salesmen for updates or did they proactively updated you. Which port is your car getting unloaded? Shanghai?
I have my sales guy on WeChat and poked him from time to time. Once the car went into production I asked a few times for a screenshot.

Mine was unloaded at the Guangzhou port of Nansha and is with the dealer now. "Unfortunately" I am on holiday in Yunnan. Will have a look at it Sunday and should take my baby home Monday. :clap:

Last edited:

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My car is scheduled to 'exit Emden' today. No word yet according to my dealer. When should I expect to know I'm on the boat?:whew:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
My car is scheduled to 'exit Emden' today. No word yet according to my dealer. When should I expect to know I'm on the boat?:whew:
As soon as the car is driven onto the ship, it should be scanned and show up at the schedule. Just need to bug your sales guy often enough.

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
Hi there...
Signed my order for a 4S on May 12th, got confirmation of my order from Porsche AG on May 20th. Production is tentatively scheduled for Sept. Delivery at Zuffenhausen plant then probably in October.
Dealer told me that due to COVID-19 the production of all loaners and demo cars for dealers are postponed to reduce the backlog of customer cars from the shutdown.
because I already got rid of my old car and was interested to get maybe a Macan loaner from him for the time being.
Best regards,
Christian
Small update:
Got informed yesterday by my sales rep that production of my car should be finished on Sept. 25th, 2020. However, pickup at the factory in Zuffenhausen is so over-booked that the earliest date he could reserve is Nov. 5th. He is trying to shift it to, say, early October. But if that doesn't work out then I'll just have to wait a few weeks longer.
Also, next week it is expected that the MY21 configurator should come officially online here in Germany (and maybe rest of Europe?), so that I can sign the new contract with adjusted rates as I included the HUD and the active parking assistant as new options for MY21. Still no word about the 22 kW onboard charger, though.

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag

My car is scheduled to leave the line in exactly 2 weeks, but it will not leave Bremerhaven until OCT 9...I am just hoping Porsche is extremely conservative with the dates and will adjust it after the car is completed.
My car ended up leaving Emden two days before the 'planned' date and fully 9 days before the 'expected' date. It is scheduled to arrive in Benicia, California 8 days before the 'planned' date. That said, both dates have slipped out for me numerous times, such that my late June delivery is now happening on September 30. The last slip was communicated at the time the car hit V300 (completion), which happened 10 days later than originally planned despite having entered the body shop early.

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mediterranean Highway already has left Davisville. Jacksonville ETA is 4:00pm on Friday...
Mediterranean Highway docked in Jacksonville as of 4:30am Saturday. It left Jacksonville Sunday at 2:25am and is off to Houston (ETA 8/19 at 15:00)...

Last edited:

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

I’m with you! My report says production complete 9/4, ship leaves 9/25, and car gets to East Coast 10/9...hoping these are accurate and praying they get expedited! Lots of questions as to whether we are getting a MY2020 or 21...any intel on that?

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Ugly visor sticker only on the passenger side.
For this very reason, one of the first things I always do is make a couple of "visor socks" for a new car. As my interiors are usually black, this is pretty easy and works out well. It also doesn't mess up your visors in the way a failed removal attempt might - and you can just slide them off if/when you sell the car.

Get a yard or two of black lycra spandex from your local fabric store. Measure the width and length of your visors. Then sew up a tube (open on both ends) to slide over your visor. One seam down the length to close the tube and then a hem on each end. Cheap, easy, fast, and effective. This will hide the ugly stickers and also give you a place to slide your registration etc if you want to. When using the spandex, just make the tube a little bit narrower than the circumference of the visor so it hugs it nicely.

One of the many reasons a decent sewing machine can come in handy for any "maker". My sewing machine sits in my shop along with a couple of 3D printers, a CNC plasma cutter, my welder, a laser cutter, a vinyl cutter, a waterjet, and whole bunch of other maker tools... ;-)

(My TurboS SHOULD be arriving next week - also Carmine Red with a Black interior - and I've already checked to make sure I still had a few feet of black spandex in my fabric bin...)

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
The Mediterranean Highway is underway towards Houston. Hopefully our Florida bound cars were offloaded in Jacksonville. My sales associate says they don't process the newly arrived cars on the weekend.....

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I’m with you! My report says production complete 9/4, ship leaves 9/25, and car gets to East Coast 10/9...hoping these are accurate and praying they get expedited! Lots of questions as to whether we are getting a MY2020 or 21...any intel on that?
I have pretty much the same completion, shipping, and arrival dates. My dealer claims it will still be a MY2020.
Sponsored