Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
Since this thread is the "Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date", I will add that my 4S left Germany around the end of July and is expected to dock in Benecia, California on September 4th, and I'm assuming another 4-7 days to get to my dealer in the Bay Area. I found out which ship it is on (the G Poseidon) which allows me to track it.

According to the website: marinetraffic.com, the ship left Santa Marta, Columbia either this morning or yesterday and is headed to the Panama Canal. Here is a screenshot. The ship is poorly circled in red.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? 1598548673427
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Full expel wrap on a UK Taycan Is about £4000 + Vat. Call it £5k

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
Since this thread is the "Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date", I will add that my 4S left Germany around the end of July and is expected to dock in Benecia, California on September 4th, and I'm assuming another 4-7 days to get to my dealer in the Bay Area. I found out which ship it is on (the G Poseidon) which allows me to track it.

According to the website: marinetraffic.com, the ship left Santa Marta, Columbia either this morning or yesterday and is headed to the Panama Canal. Here is a screenshot. The ship is poorly circled in red.

1598548673427.png
Hey, same ship as mine! She left Santa Marta yesterday afternoon PDT, and is likely to arrive in Cristobal, Panama at around 9 or 9:30 tonight Panama time. The bad news is that there are not one but two hurricanes (edit: tropical storms) lingering off the Western coast of Mexico that look like they'll be sitting in the path of the G Poseidon on its way to San Diego. Fingers crossed...

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 1.39.11 PM

Last edited:

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
Hey, same ship as mine! She left Santa Marta yesterday afternoon PDT, and is likely to arrive in Cristobal, Panama at around 9 or 9:30 tonight Panama time. The bad news is that there are not one but two hurricanes (edit: tropical storms) lingering off the Western coast of Mexico that look like they'll be sitting in the path of the G Poseidon on its way to San Diego. Fingers crossed...
Yup....I am wondering if it will be delayed and if so, by how much. I guess we'll find out!

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yup....I am wondering if it will be delayed and if so, by how much. I guess we'll find out!
I'm going to be cautiously optimistic: reading the latest forecasts it looks like the storms are supposed to turn NW and then W in the next 24-36 hours, so they may be heading away from the path of G Poseidon as she enters the Pacific...

TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
Today, I got a call from my sales representative. It was the last day to do some change to the config... He has not given a printscreen of the "Porsche Sales & Vehicle Managment System" but I should get it in October :rock: (depend also of the importation formalities in Switzerland, as I am buying the car in Germany).
My final configuration
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMVQ6MP7 with an extra 2 years warranty

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For all those West coast residents in the USA awaiting their Taycans on the G Poseidon, she exited the Panama Canal just now and is due in San Diego on the 5th of September, meaning a likely arrival in Benicia on the 8th.
Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? hd-miraflores-8

JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag
Placed my deposit yesterday and my Bolton branch manager has quoted me:

”The build date for your Taycan is showing mid-November for early December delivery.”

Was hoping to have it October time, but beggars can’t be choosers. They managed to acquire a Taycan 4S build slot from another branch as theirs had sold out. Otherwise, I would have been waiting for a Jan 2021 build slot and possibly incur the 10% Brexit import levy if they enforced it!

My spec: https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsche-code/default.aspx?c=/PMWD4BJ4

Last edited:

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just got word that my car will be hopping a boat 3 weeks early! Looks like production finished a little sooner than expected.

Charlie_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (Order Placed)
Country flag
Just got word that my car will be hopping a boat 3 weeks early! Looks like production finished a little sooner than expected.
I think we might literally be on the same boat. Gotta call my dealer to confirm the vessel name. But I remembered he mentioned a similar time frame.

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
Ordered my 4S today, for delivery 20 - 23 October. I feel like it's going to be a long 7 weeks!

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
Ordered my 4S today, for delivery 20 - 23 October. I feel like it's going to be a long 7 weeks!
LOL for many of us, we've been waiting since the Mission E was announced. My deposit was made "late" in May of 2018. I'll have it within about 2 weeks (or less, hopefully, as it is still on the boat).

Congrats though. Gonna be great!
Sponsored