Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
On February 15th I popped into my local dealer to check out the new Taycan I'd heard so much about - and ended up writing a check and locking up a delivery position. After a pandemic-inspired delay, wholesale changes to my spec, and consuming (conservatively) 5,000 forum comments and 500 YouTube videos: Tomorrow is the day! I will be taking delivery of my Taycan at PEC Atlanta. I'm probably going to be too excited to sleep tonight :) Pics and reviews forthcoming, of course.

Brent
Sponsored

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
LOL for many of us, we've been waiting since the Mission E was announced. My deposit was made "late" in May of 2018. I'll have it within about 2 weeks (or less, hopefully, as it is still on the boat).

Congrats though. Gonna be great!
Oh wow. Sorry to hear about the wait, that is a looong time.

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
@Miwa @Charlie_P @BayAreaKen @porsche_coyote

hey guys! My car will also be ready by the end of this month. Looks like we're all getting our cars roughly the same time. We should do a Bay Area meetup sometime ! :clap: :rock:
I'd love to. Because I'm doing PEC LA and then getting the PPF installed in Los Angeles before driving back, I won't really be back in the Bay Area with the car until 10/7. Just 5 short weeks from now...

Kevin2dx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 McLaren 720S
Country flag
I'd love to. Because I'm doing PEC LA and then getting the PPF installed in Los Angeles before driving back, I won't really be back in the Bay Area with the car until 10/7. Just 5 short weeks from now...
Whoa, where you getting your PPF at? I'm actually requesting my new car to get shipped to a Bay Area PPF shop so it can get protected before it even hits the road :cool:

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
Whoa, where you getting your PPF at? I'm actually requesting my new car to get shipped to a Bay Area PPF shop so it can get protected before it even hits the road :cool:
The shop is called Polished Protection, and it's in Signal Hill. It's about a 10 minute drive from PEC LA. So, I'm taking a chance for those 10 minutes...

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
LOL for many of us, we've been waiting since the Mission E was announced. My deposit was made "late" in May of 2018. I'll have it within about 2 weeks (or less, hopefully, as it is still on the boat).
Yes, I got on the list 2018, ordered 2019 and got mine 2 weeks ago.

Let us know, what you thing, when you get it... :)

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
All - anyone know how to track your build once it gets loaded on the ship? My dealer report says it's going to "Entry Port Emden" tomorrow (Entry into US / Exit port Davisville on 10/9) and I know a bunch of you have been able to track. Thanks for the assist!

JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
Yesterday was Delivery Day!

We took delivery at the Porsche Experience Center Atlanta. It included a chef's lunch at Restaurant 356 (which was closed to everyone except the two people a day with a Delivery Experience), a tour of the facility and the Heritage Gallery currently exhibiting famous Porsches from the movies, the unveiling and orientation of our new car, and finally a 90 minute session on their Driver Development Track with a personal instructor. They couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. It was a great day.

Here's one photo below, but for more, including the PEC Delivery Experience, see the "Showcase" gallery here:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/showcase/taycan-4s-delivery-at-pec-atlanta.2/

Brent

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? IMG_2605.JPG

Jwhmwh875

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carmine Red Taycan 4S & Macan S
Country flag
Yesterday was Delivery Day!

We took delivery at the Porsche Experience Center Atlanta. It included a chef's lunch at Restaurant 356 (which was closed to everyone except the two people a day with a Delivery Experience), a tour of the facility and the Heritage Gallery currently exhibiting famous Porsches from the movies, the unveiling and orientation of our new car, and finally a 90 minute session on their Driver Development Track with a personal instructor. They couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. It was a great day.

Here's one photo below, but for more, including the PEC Delivery Experience, see the "Showcase" gallery here:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/showcase/taycan-4s-delivery-at-pec-atlanta.2/

Brent

IMG_2605.JPG
That’s a great delivery. Worth the wait.

TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
Leasing or cash? They told me, Porsche normaly give up to 5,9%, but for taycan they only give 2,9%.

normlay on other premium cars you got 10-14 % in germany, like Audi S, BMW M or Mercedes AMG.
I got 5% in germany with a 10% discount on Tequipments (wheels and snow chains)

TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
Just have an update on My Porsche (received the notification email yesterday). Hereafter the screenshots with deepl translation
Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? 1599897798873

Congratulations on your Taycan Turbo!

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? 1599897694143

2. the production of your Taycan will start shortly.
Our first purely electrically powered sports car is deliberately manufactured in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen. The premiere of Porsche's first all-electric sports car is also accompanied by major changes to this traditional location. Of the 6 billion euros that Porsche is investing in electromobility up to 2022, around 700 million euros will go into the construction of new production facilities for the Taycan. We are proud of our new production halls for the Taycan, which were built at the Zuffenhausen location in parallel to the finely balanced sports car production (with 254 units of the 911 and 718 series, more vehicles than ever before roll off the assembly line every day). Since it will take a little while until your Taycan goes into production, we would like to give you an insight into the development process and the essential steps in Weissach.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? 1599897966739

Weissach Development Center.
Since the beginnings of the Weissach Development Center in 1962, Porsche has continuously expanded the location. In 1981, for example, the factory halls were extended to 4,000 square meters of floor space. The installation of an in-house facility for crash tests and the expansion of the test area for engines and aggregates towards the end of the 1980s underlined the importance of Weissach in the world of Porsche. It was not until 2014 that Porsche completed the largest development project in the history of the Development Center. For around 165 million dollars, the company renovated the Weissach site and added three more buildings: a design studio, a wind tunnel and an electronics integration center.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? 1599898063803

Aerodynamic.
The high-tech wind tunnel sets new standards in flow quality by generating uniform, low-turbulence and low-noise air. The blower with a diameter of 8 meters has extremely light carbon blades and can generate wind speeds of up to 300 km/h in the measuring section on the tested vehicle. During an aerodynamic measurement, the ground beneath the vehicle and its surroundings are moved along with the wind speed. Highly sensitive acoustic measurement technology around the vehicle locates any noise sources in three dimensions. The wind tunnel has a closed air duct and impresses with its efficiency values. When the blower is braked after a measurement, a large part of the braking energy is fed back into the power supply system.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? 1599898168752

The electronics integration center of Porsche.
The development in electronics is progressing rapidly. Today, for example, there are around 6,000 driver-support functions in a Porsche. In order to develop these even more efficiently and manage them throughout the entire supply chain, Porsche experts are now working even more closely together in the new Electronics Integration Center. In detail, the process steps are structured as follows: specifying and implementing subfunctions, testing and qualifying under racetrack conditions as a cross-sectional task, and working on the individual components in the workshops.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? 1599898262592

Acoustics laboratory.
When a new model is developed, the sound experts already know what it will sound like - before the prototypes hit the streets. Of course, sound is also subject to constant improvement in order to comply with the increasingly stringent noise limits set by countries in all parts of the world. This also applies to purely electrically powered sports cars. The optional Porsche Electric Sport Sound makes the vehicle's own drive sound, with its innovative character, sound even more emotional and richer both outside and inside. To achieve this, disturbing noises from the drive architecture are specifically reduced and melodious, emotional sounds that are appropriate to the driving situation are amplified. These are composed in such a way that the typical Porsche sound experience is created: with a clear statement about the e-drive and yet unmistakably a genuine Porsche. The creation of this sound is the passion of the acoustic engineers in Weissach.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? 1599898352988

Electric motor and component development.
Porsche has always been one of the most innovative companies in the field of engine development. In order to test different types of engines efficiently, Porsche uses a variety of different benchmarks. Continuous investment ensures that all Porsche locations always have the latest technology at their disposal to meet the high demands of increasingly complex products and changing legal conditions. The Taycan is driven by 2 permanently excited electric motors (one per axle). For the first time in an electrically powered production vehicle, a 2-speed transmission is used, which enables fast acceleration and high speeds with low energy consumption.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? 1599898910979

Listen to the unmistakable sound.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? 1599898987543

The next step.
Your Taycan will go into production shortly. In the meantime you will get some very special insights. Stay tuned.

PS: for all Porsche finds who find some information in German, give a try to https://www.deepl.com/translator the quality of the translation is far better than google;)

Last edited: