Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

Martinl

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Ordered in September, was given a November slot. Just been called by the dealer to say its here and they are organising for me to take collection Friday. One of the wheels was damaged en route to Belfast, so they are also replacing that.

Soon as I get pics, I'll fire them up here.
Sponsored

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I now have a CP8 date of the 4th of December. Touch & go if it’ll be here before 2021.
Dealer has agreed to allow me to observe the situation & if I want he will let me cancel with a refund should it incur the 10% duty levy in 2021.

He did say the list price is also going up 10% next year & that will be on top of any Brexit duty.

Expensive to own one in Britain soon.

MARTY7

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3P. Fiat 595 Abarth, Audi S8 (Stage 2), DeLorean (Stage 3), Cayenne V8
Country flag
I now have a CP8 date of the 4th of December. Touch & go if it’ll be here before 2021.
Dealer has agreed to allow me to observe the situation & if I want he will let me cancel with a refund should it incur the 10% duty levy in 2021.

He did say the list price is also going up 10% next year & that will be on top of any Brexit duty.

Expensive to own one in Britain soon.
I have no intention of soaking up either the brexit costs or the price hike. If it doesn't arrive in 2020 and the price goes up, then I'm sticking with my Model 3 Performance, it's really so very good, I am happy either way. I doubt my dealer will want to lose a guaranteed sale over 10% (which is actually only 6.3% worst-case scenario) but if they do, hey ho ;):)

Arrhok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Porsche 911 GT3 Touring
Country flag
Long-time lurker, first-time poster here.

I am waiting for delivery of my Taycan 4S, supposed to arrive in the week before christmas. I placed the order on November 1st at my local Porsche Zentrum here in Zürich. Not that I can change anything on the build anymore but after putting some thoughts into it I wish I would have taken the PSCB brakes and the Mission-E wheels in platinum and spec’d the car in carrerawhitemetallic. But oh well - still massively excited for the arrival ;-).

My build is http://www.porsche-code.com/PMR6GKW9. Do you guys have any comments on that?

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Nice spec. I would also add these two if you still can change the spec:

4+1 Sitzanlage
Ionisator

ccooke01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S and ID.4
Country flag
Ordered my 4S back in June, it is currently at the dealer and will delivered on the 27th.

MARTY7

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3P. Fiat 595 Abarth, Audi S8 (Stage 2), DeLorean (Stage 3), Cayenne V8
Country flag

4+1 Sitzanlage
Ionisator
Hi, do you have the Tesla Performance and a Taycan., if so, whats your thoughts comparing them?

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Hi, do you have the Tesla Performance and a Taycan., if so, whats your thoughts comparing them?
I just sold my Tesla S Performance and haven’t taken delivery of my Taycan yet. Hopefully next week ??

But had several test drives in the 4S+ with was more than enough to convince me that the Taycan was a much better sports car. In the 0-100 km/t sprint the Tesla beats the Taycan, but in all other aspects the Taycan wins in terms of handling, braking and performance. The acceleration from 60-100 somehow feels almost the same as the Tesla, even though the Tesla has way more HP.

Also the build quality is superior to the Tesla, which is an area where Tesla still has a lot to learn. And finally I love to listen to music in my car, and the Burmester sound system is probably the best I have ever heard.

Arrhok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Porsche 911 GT3 Touring
Country flag

4+1 Sitzanlage
Ionisator
Thank you for your feedback. I can't change the configuration anymore, but I am still interested in feedback from Taycan owners or soon-to-bes. I debated about going for both your suggestions. I got discouraged by my sales rep to include the Ionsiator since it is - according to him - only noticeable by people suffering of allergies and otherwise he thought it's a waste of money. The 4+1 I did not choose since I will never seat three people in the back and I had the impression the additional headrest impairs the already ridiculously small back window.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Thank you for your feedback. I can't change the configuration anymore, but I am still interested in feedback from Taycan owners or soon-to-bes. I debated about going for both your suggestions. I got discouraged by my sales rep to include the Ionsiator since it is - according to him - only noticeable by people suffering of allergies and otherwise he thought it's a waste of money. The 4+1 I did not choose since I will never seat three people in the back and I had the impression the additional headrest impairs the already ridiculously small back window.
For what is it worth, I have both the ionizer and the 4+1. At least with my length and drivers seat settings, the small middle headrest does not interfere with visibility through the back window. Even though I do not suffer from allergies, I do notice the refreshing feel when the ionizer is on. Could be a placebo effect, of course...

Petter G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW X1
Country flag
Ordered my Taycan turbo 1 october. My dealer called me yesterday to tell me that it was ready 8-10days from now.
Can’t wait?
Porsche code PMIIYAD7

B888B

First Name
Abdullah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Turbo
Country flag
Ordered my Ice-grey Turbo with Black Bordeaux interior with heaps of options taking the price to $218K. PMJMGWW8.