Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
I’ve been told today that my car is heading to the port from the factory (or is already there) but that Porsche are experiencing some delays at the port when shipping to the UK. Anyone else hear this?
Ships are sitting out on the water (for some reason) near Emden. Can't speak to UK delivery but the number of outbound ships to the US is low this time of year so most cars are going on the ship they were assigned and not moved up. My car finished on 1/25 and isn't set to go on the ship until 2/19. I remain hopeful that it can sneak onto an earlier ship but not much coming to Jacksonville, FL soon.
Sponsored

schwar

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo MY21
Country flag
My Turbo build was completed on the 20th Jan (ordered mid-Dec) and Colchester suspect it is at the port although it's showing as “in transit”. They say the next update will be when it is on a ship although they have been experiencing “a bit of a bottleneck”. Still, they remain hopeful it’ll be delivered before the end of Feb. ??‍♂

Last edited:

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Hello Taycan forum. I ordered my Turbo build on 10/08/20, and the V250 planned date just got moved up a week to 01/29, while delivery slipped a week, and it's now planned for 04/09 (<shrug>).

I’ve been following some of the discussions in this excellent group. Very informative and helpful!

I'm new to Porsche. Also to EVs.

I retired from a 25-year career in aerospace computer engineering a few years ago. I worked on control/display systems similar to the Taycan's, but instead for military cargo planes.

See my build at: http://www.porsche-code.com/PM9AN647

Last edited:

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ordered 4S late last week from Porsche Norfolk. Estimate build date mid February with estimate delivery mid April.

How are UK deliveries usually? Early, on time or late?

Can't wait!

My build is pretty basic compared to most I've seen.

PM3FX151

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
There’s a lockdown date which might be your build date unless you were confident it was truly “build” your dealer quoted. My screen shot said build 22/1/21 and it actually ended up built pre 1/1/21 and wasn’t due with dealer until early March but it’s arrived last week (4-5 weeks early) my lockdown spec date was a week pre Xmas. All this was per print our off Porsche build screen.
I wouldnt say you should expect it quite that early but generally the delivery from factory to dealer can be a week earlier that advised.

SK74

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve been told today that my car is heading to the port from the factory (or is already there) but that Porsche are experiencing some delays at the port when shipping to the UK. Anyone else hear this?
Ive had an unbearable wait! Ordered my 4s through a 3rd party salary sacrifice company in Nov 2019. I didnt spec the panoramic roof (prefer the lines of the normal roof) so understand the initial delay. I was given a delivery expectation of Q4 20, then towards the end of Q4 was told 31 Jan, and on the week of delivery this changed to first half of Feb. Now Ive just been told "Porsche are having some issues with shipping vehicles to the UK and they have not shipped any so far this year"! Beyond frustrated!!

schwar

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo MY21
Country flag
@torx Another Norfolk Taycan? Where are you located, there are a few of us here now!

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ive had an unbearable wait! Ordered my 4s through a 3rd party salary sacrifice company in Nov 2019. I didnt spec the panoramic roof (prefer the lines of the normal roof) so understand the initial delay. I was given a delivery expectation of Q4 20, then towards the end of Q4 was told 31 Jan, and on the week of delivery this changed to first half of Feb. Now Ive just been told "Porsche are having some issues with shipping vehicles to the UK and they have not shipped any so far this year"! Beyond frustrated!!
Wow, that is a very long wait since Nov 2019! I hope you get it soon.

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@torx Another Norfolk Taycan? Where are you located, there are a few of us here now!
Just outside Cambridge. I was going to go through Porsche Cambridge however their delivery time was late 2021 for the 4S. Someone on here mentioned Norfolk have earlier delivery times so ordered through there. Hope it does arrive in April as I have been told by Porsche Norfolk.

Silverback

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Model 3 Perf.
Country flag
I ordered mine 4s (no panoramic roof, just privacy glass as the only option but with the perf battery) through a 3rd party Salary Sacrifice Scheme (UK), that was back in April 2020, I have a delivery date at the end of July. However, I did have a call from them last week saying that may come forward so fingers are crossed, the reason they called was to advise that my order had a mobile connect charger, which has now been removed.

schwar

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo MY21
Country flag
@SK74 I talked to my dealer about all this, but it isn't easy to know really where things are at... My build has been swift, ordered mid-Dec and built by 20th Jan (just over a month). From there it has slowed down a little now. It is at the dock now, and they said rather than early Feb (which would have been massively ahead of schedule) it'll likely be late/end Feb (still ahead of time). Maybe the delays aren't going to be too bad? ?

Last edited:

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
@SK74 I talked to my dealer about all this, but it isn't easy to know really where things are at... My build has been swift, ordered mid-Dec and built by 20th Jan (just over a month). From there it has slowed down a little now. It is at the dock now, and they said rather than early Feb (which would have been massively ahead of schedule) it'll likely be late/end Feb (still ahead of time). Maybe the delays aren't going to be too bad? ?

The delays are “All New” to me ... my Turbo was notified as on its way 13/14th Jan and I took a call from the dealer last Wednesday to say it had arrived ...( interestingly it was scheduled for build on 22nd Jan)
- so that’s fraction over 2 weeks from leaving factory notice to My Porsche app & email until arrival at dealers ... impressively fast like the Taycan performance! (Regretfully I’ve a broken ankle and it’ll be a few weeks before I can trade in my 4S and pick up my eagerly awaited new car.

SK74

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks All - certainly looks like mixed results and some misinformation if @snb7x has had his order delivered to the dealer whereas ive been told no cars have come into the UK this year. I'll push for more info and update if i hear anything useful.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
I placed my order for a 2021 4S yesterday. I was fortunate in that the dealership already had an incoming order in the system that could be changed up until 2/10 so my salesman modified it to meet my spec. My car enters the body shop on 3/7 and is scheduled for arrival in the States on 5/7. I'm used to waiting much longer for build-to-order vehicles (especially Porsches) so this was a pleasant surprise!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMZG3M98
Sponsored