Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 40i, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
After canceling an order for a 4S last spring when the market crashed at the start of the pandemic, I placed a new order for a 4S as described below. In the interim, I purchased a Model 3 Performance. That car has a lot of nice attributes, but is not what I was really looking for. When the 4S arrives I plan to either pass the M3P to my son for college (depending on where he goes to college and the need for a car) or sell it.

PMY3EFV6

Order placed 01/24/21
V250 Vehicle fixed 02/12/21
V260 Vehicle entry to body shop 02/26/21
V270 Vehicle exit production 03/05/21
V300 Vehicle completion 03/05/21
V331 Entry port Emden 03/05/21
V332 Exit port Emden 03/26/21
U018 Entry port Baltimore 04/16/21
U019 Exit port Baltimore 04/16/21
V900 Dealer Inventory 04/16/21

The dates after entry to Baltimore seem a bit odd. I am located in DC, so a short trip to Baltimore, but it seems more likely delivery to the dealer will be late April/early May.

I am spending way too much time reading the posts on this forums about the problems other owners are encountering with the 12v battery, Connect app, and other electronic gremlins. Fingers crossed that Porsche implements some solutions soon.
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
FWIW: I am a long time tesla guy and sold my model 3 performance and am taking delivery today of my 4s. the model 3 is an outstanding car for what it is, it delivers on the speed and excitement of the EV at a very reasonable price but it lacks in many creature comforts that high end car buyers come to expect. the taycan picks up on the ground broken by tesla and brings performance and some luxury appointments to the table. the trade off is a slight loss of range. the model 3 performance is rated at a range of 310 but my car never charged higher than 294 and driving the car over 70 MPH would yield a range of less than 260 miles. the Taycan from what I've seen matches those numbers at even higher speeds. the taycan offers a far superior driving experience to the driver and passenger.
I hope that both my and your cars are glitch free.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Finally received PMV1I235 today. Absolutely phenomenal and worth the 9mth delivery (excuse the pun). It is a pain though to have the porsche connect system down. Forcing a new owner to you 'guest' mode. Hope they sort this out soon. Other aspects beyond expectations. Wireless charging for phone would have been nice, not an option to check, mistakenly thought standard like the e-tron and most Audis.

20210218_133907.jpg
What do you think of the heads up display so far?

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
After canceling an order for a 4S last spring when the market crashed at the start of the pandemic, I placed a new order for a 4S as described below. In the interim, I purchased a Model 3 Performance. That car has a lot of nice attributes, but is not what I was really looking for. When the 4S arrives I plan to either pass the M3P to my son for college (depending on where he goes to college and the need for a car) or sell it.

PMY3EFV6

Order placed 01/24/21
V250 Vehicle fixed 02/12/21
V260 Vehicle entry to body shop 02/26/21
V270 Vehicle exit production 03/05/21
V300 Vehicle completion 03/05/21
V331 Entry port Emden 03/05/21
V332 Exit port Emden 03/26/21
U018 Entry port Baltimore 04/16/21
U019 Exit port Baltimore 04/16/21
V900 Dealer Inventory 04/16/21

The dates after entry to Baltimore seem a bit odd. I am located in DC, so a short trip to Baltimore, but it seems more likely delivery to the dealer will be late April/early May.

I am spending way too much time reading the posts on this forums about the problems other owners are encountering with the 12v battery, Connect app, and other electronic gremlins. Fingers crossed that Porsche implements some solutions soon.
Our cars are exactly 7 days apart from each other and I’m also in DC. It will be interesting to see the timing of leaving the port. It appears that’s the largest variable; does the car just catch a boat or does it end up sitting at the port waiting for a week or two.

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Our cars are exactly 7 days apart from each other and I’m also in DC. It will be interesting to see the timing of leaving the port. It appears that’s the largest variable; does the car just catch a boat or does it end up sitting at the port waiting for a week or two.
Can you post your Porsche code? Interesting to see what choices you decided on. So far I have only seen one Taycan “in the wild” in the DC area, but that is probably because I am doing so little driving due to the pandemic and working from home. Hopefully there will be enough “opening up” by late spring/summer for more driving and even opportunities to meet up with other Taycan owners in the DC area.

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
FWIW: I am a long time tesla guy and sold my model 3 performance and am taking delivery today of my 4s. the model 3 is an outstanding car for what it is, it delivers on the speed and excitement of the EV at a very reasonable price but it lacks in many creature comforts that high end car buyers come to expect. the taycan picks up on the ground broken by tesla and brings performance and some luxury appointments to the table. the trade off is a slight loss of range. the model 3 performance is rated at a range of 310 but my car never charged higher than 294 and driving the car over 70 MPH would yield a range of less than 260 miles. the Taycan from what I've seen matches those numbers at even higher speeds. the taycan offers a far superior driving experience to the driver and passenger.
I hope that both my and your cars are glitch free.
I agree that the M3P is a great car. It was my first EV and it has convinced me EV is the way to go for the future. But, it is not a luxury/sports car and it has little feeling of “exclusivity,“ at least not in the DC area where M3’s are multiplying like rabbits. I came to the M3P from a BMW 5 series and I miss the luxury amenities that are not available in the M3 and also miss access to Apple CarPlay. While the Tesla infotainment system is amazing in may regards, it is best used while sitting still, and is challenging to interact with while driving due to the small buttons and structure of the audio system. I mainly listen to audiobooks while in the car, the Tesla system works with BT streaming from the Audible app on my iPhone, but I almost always have to take the phone out of my pocket when I get in the car to select the book from the Audible app. It was a great luxury in the BMW to keep my phone in my pocket and to be able to see my entire library on the center console screen and select items using the iDrive controller. Probably not an important issue for others, but a major issue for me and my enjoyment of the M3P. I also miss the more solid build quality of the 5 series and the lower road noise. My moving to a Taycan is not “logical“ from a purely transportation perspective, the M3P fully meets my needs in that regard at a much lower price. But as someone who likes cars and driving nice cars, the subjective qualities are missing. So, I am a Tesla fan in the right market. The M3P will be a great car for our son, though perhaps a bit too fast for comfort with an 18 year old driver, but just does not get me excited to go out and drive it.

Also Tesla gets a lot of good press about their range numbers, but they don’t hold up in the real world. I expect the range in the 4S to be comparable to M3P, the biggest difference is the charging network for long trips. But, we still have an ICE SUV that we are more likely to take on long trips for the extra cargo capacity. That said, I plan to explore longer trips once I have the 4S since it will be a great road trip car.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@Torv, did you order a customer paint chip to get Cherry Red? Yes, I did go to town. In for a penny... I and do love premium audio!
Howdy. To answer the question, no. The Cherry Red is an $800 color upgrade on the Porsche configurator website. Fourth color from the left under metallic paint options:

https://cc.porsche.com/icc/ccCall.do?rt=1613948458&screen=834x1194&userID=USM&lang=us&PARAM=parameter_internet_us&ORDERTYPE=Y1ADB1&CNR=C02&MODELYEAR=2021&hookURL=https://www.porsche.com/usa/modelstart/all/

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
Finally received PMV1I235 today. Absolutely phenomenal and worth the 9mth delivery (excuse the pun). It is a pain though to have the porsche connect system down. Forcing a new owner to you 'guest' mode. Hope they sort this out soon. Other aspects beyond expectations. Wireless charging for phone would have been nice, not an option to check, mistakenly thought standard like the e-tron and most Audis.

20210218_133907.jpg
US models have wireless charging in center console. Slide the phone on its side into pocket on wall of console between the seats.
I like the Design side skirts with splash of color. Very obvious with light colored car. Have it on my build, but not as pronounced on Cherry Metallic

K.H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan
Country flag
Hi all,
I’m new to this forum and recently ordered a RWD Taycan spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMAXBR59

Quick question. My lock in date was on the 22nd Feb (yesterday). Typically how long between the lock in date and until the car is built and completed please?

also any thoughts on my spec I’m happy to hear!

thank you all!

Crick

First Name
Crick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volt, 2009 BMW X5D, 2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Howdy. To answer the question, no. The Cherry Red is an $800 color upgrade on the Porsche configurator website. Fourth color from the left under metallic paint options:

https://cc.porsche.com/icc/ccCall.do?rt=1613948458&screen=834x1194&userID=USM&lang=us&PARAM=parameter_internet_us&ORDERTYPE=Y1ADB1&CNR=C02&MODELYEAR=2021&hookURL=https://www.porsche.com/usa/modelstart/all/
Aha! A new color since I completed my color selection - looks beautiful - much better IMHO than Carmine Red. I'll have to see one in daylight - not too late to change my color ;-)

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Aha! A new color since I completed my color selection - looks beautiful - much better IMHO than Carmine Red. I'll have to see one in daylight - not too late to change my color ;-)
Nothing wrong with Carmine Red. I would have gone for that, but then the Cherry Red came out which kind of matches my 1997 Arena Red 911S. Hence, I was hooked.
Sponsored