Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
The main delay at the port (for US cars) is the software update for all Taycans, Panameras and Cayennes. I was told that all sold cars get first priority to get completed at the port and then shipped to the dealer or PEC. I know of some soon to be owners that are waiting for both the 19.2kW issue as well as the software update. From what I have learned, the software updates was to start at the 4 US ports today and be completed as soon as possible. There is a backlog of cars at the 4 ports because of this update requirement to be done at the port and not requiring it to be done at the dealer (some say it is because it is cheaper and easier to have it done at the port versus PORSCHE being charged for the update time at a dealership). All I know is I hope my car is released by the 3/29 date on TMD and at PECATL prior to my scheduled delivery of 3/31.
Thanks. So the software issue explains why cars are being held at US ports but it's still unclear why mine is being held at the port in Germany. Maybe it's just a backlog issue and they don't want to send any more over until the cars in the US is cleared.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Thanks. So the software issue explains why cars are being held at US ports but it's still unclear why mine is being held at the port in Germany. Maybe it's just a backlog issue and they don't want to send any more over until the cars in the US is cleared.
This will help you find the boat your car is scheduled for shipment:

https://www.pwl.de/en/eportal/shipping-portal

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
Ordered Taycan RWD 17-March. Got a 16-April estimated production date and 28-May estimated delivery to dealer. Appears dealer swapped my build into an allocation slot they already had in process.

festus_mcBitcoin

First Name
Festus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 Turbo S, 2021 TTS (June 11)
Country flag
I have a Volcano Grey 2021 Turbo S in the queue. Not due at dealership until Jun 4, 2021. Still have no idea how to use the online status tracker, so I just check with my dealer once every few weeks for updates.

Not sure why others (in the US) who placed their orders after me are ahead of me for estimated delivery date. I think it has something to do with the alternate 'red stitching' used in the interior. I read somewhere that the alternate interior selections can delay the build by up to thirty days :(

Last edited:

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
I have a Volcano Grey 2021 Turbo S in the queue. Not due at dealership until Jun 4, 2021. Still have no idea to use the online status tracker, so I just check with my dealer once every few weeks for updates.

Not sure why others (in the US) who placed their orders after me are ahead of me for estimated delivery date. I think it has something to do with the alternate 'red stitching' used in the interior. I read somewhere that the alternate interior selections can delay the build by up to thirty days :(
Call 800-Porsche and they will add you to Track my Dream and then you can track the vehicle on the My Porsche App or online.

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
I have a Volcano Grey 2021 Turbo S in the queue. Not due at dealership until Jun 4, 2021. Still have no idea to use the online status tracker, so I just check with my dealer once every few weeks for updates.

Build date also has to do with the actual dealer allocation. Some allocations are sooner than others (each allocation is associated with a build week).

When I received my allocation the build date was actually going to be in April 2021.

Because I was ready to place my order, lock it and provide a deposit, my dealer switched my allocation with another customer (with their approval) and I was bumped up by a couple of months.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Did the dealer give you the link to trackyourdream.porsche.com ?

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag

I originally had a November 2020 build date for a Turbo S but I got delayed to February entirely due to the availability of deviated stitching. I haven’t seen any posts yet from forum members for a call with deviated stitching. My car is in the country and headed to the dealer. February production with first week of April delivery. My car also made from Emden onto the ship very quickly versus some other stories I have heard.

festus_mcBitcoin

First Name
Festus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 Turbo S, 2021 TTS (June 11)
Country flag
Did the dealer give you the link to trackyourdream.porsche.com ?
No, he didn't. Thanks for providing this. Navigating to that URL currently returns:

Service Unavailable - Please try again later

...so I guess I'll try again later. I was hoping it was something as simple as just going to a website and typing in my build number. Too quick and obvious, that would be.

But if it involves not only navigating my way through the Porsche phone maze to reach a live customer service rep, but also dealing with their legendarily poor software... meh, I'm probably better off just calling my sales rep periodically.

[aside]
I've never understood how a company that makes such wonderful cars can deliver such ridiculously and consistently awful software/apps. One would think they'd either be really good or bad at both. It's truly an enigma to me.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No, he didn't. Thanks for providing this. Navigating to that URL currently returns:

Service Unavailable - Please try again later

...so I guess I'll try again later. I was hoping it was something as simple as just going to a website and typing in my build number. Too quick and obvious, that would be.

But if it involves not only navigating my way through the Porsche phone maze to reach a live customer service rep, but also dealing with their legendarily poor software... meh, I'm probably better off just calling my sales rep periodically.

[aside]
I've never understood how a company that makes such wonderful cars can deliver such ridiculously and consistently awful software/apps. One would think they'd either be really good or bad at both. It's truly an enigma to me.

You do need more than just the address. Porsche has to send you a link especially for you to use first.

Even with that link, for me it ALWAYS shows "Service Unavailable..." when I first log in. I just go to the "Home" tab and it loads my car fine. Try that.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Had my delivery planned for this week. Just got a call that it got delayed because of the lack of microchips Porsche is currently having.. :crying:
Car arrived 2 weeks after. Picked it up at 6pm and drove it until 3am. Like a little kid in a toy store just going crazy ?

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
update: I intentionally did not spec the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect. Too pricy for what it is. Well I was organizing my trunk today and thought "let's have a look at the charger". They put in the PMCC for free. Thanks Porsche I guess ?

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
So, my 4S finished production 4 days early and arrived in Emden on 3/10. It was scheduled to be on a boat by 4/2 which seemed like a long time to wait in port but, oh well. Delivery scheduled for 5/7.

Now the tracking web site shows that everything has been pushed out 2 weeks; on a boat by 4/16 and not delivered until 5/21. If true, that means the car will be sitting in departure port for a month before it's shipped. Ugh.

I've sent my salesman an email to see if he knows what's going on.
@Mike in CA
our cars seem to be roughly on the same schedule.... currently planned and estimated to be on a boat 4/2 ... if yours got pushed 2 weeks then seems eventually mine will too ?

keep us updated when it actually leaves Emden!

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
@Mike in CA
our cars seem to be roughly on the same schedule.... currently planned and estimated to be on a boat 4/2 ... if yours got pushed 2 weeks then seems eventually mine will too ?

keep us updated when it actually leaves Emden!
Will do. If your My Porsche tracking info hasn't been changed to reflect a later date hopefully you'll be all right. If you're on the East Coast maybe it would be a different boat anyway. Thing is, I don't know the cause of the delay so it's difficult to speculate.

Anyway, let us know when your car ships and good luck to you!
Sponsored