Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-Tron; 2021 4S; ex_BMW540
Country flag
You know you’re watching too closely when you catch the pilot boats lining up for your ship’s departure ?

Siem Aristotle is in the process of leaving Baltimore. My car should be on the ground, but track my dream hasn’t updated just yet.

D1BCEE3C-F99D-4C00-B9AA-9137AD8142EB.jpeg

F2FD0560-47D0-4673-8275-2313AA99341D.jpeg
TMD updates very erratically. Don't get too excited, my car spent more than 2 weeks in port, made the 75 mi trip to dealer Monday and finally I'm scheduled for delivery Saturday (assuming paperwork arrives).

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
TMD updates very erratically. Don't get too excited, my car spent more than 2 weeks in port, made the 75 mi trip to dealer Monday and finally I'm scheduled for delivery Saturday (assuming paperwork arrives).
TMD updated a few hours ago, so it’s about a day behind. Ship entering channel and at the port completed at the same time. I’m now at port processing, and as you warned, I’m expecting it to take 1-2 weeks. My car sat at Emden for a month :(

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
TMD updated a few hours ago, so it’s about a day behind. Ship entering channel and at the port completed at the same time. I’m now at port processing, and as you warned, I’m expecting it to take 1-2 weeks. My car sat at Emden for a month :(
I was at Emden for 3 wks (if I remember correctly). I probably got held up at Davisville to do the software update as mine was built a few days before it was released. It also sat for several days after 'released for shipping' waiting for a truck to take it the last miles.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was at Emden for 3 wks (if I remember correctly). I probably got held up at Davisville to do the software update as mine was built a few days before it was released. It also sat for several days after 'released for shipping' waiting for a truck to take it the last miles.
I think my car completed production prior to the software update by a few days - 3/8 (8/3 for the sane parts of the world).

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
Another revision, looks like car arrived to port a few days early

PM73CP48
Placed order with dealer: 29 January 2021
Vehicle fix date: 11 February 2021
Vehicle entry to body shop: 19 February 2021
Vehicle exit production: 25 February 2021
Vehicle completion: 25 February 2021
Entry port Emden: 01 March 2021
Exit port Emden: 09 March 2021
Entry port San Diego, CA: 04 April 2021
Expected exit Port San Diego, CA: 07 April 2021
Estimated delivery date (Honolulu, HI): 15 April 2021
It appears our Taycan RWD has completed it's 17 day vacation stay in CA (Port of San Diego) and is on the boat for its final voyage to Honolulu. Car should arrives on Monday the 26th.

I'd imagine we will take possession the car on Friday April 30th.

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just noticed my TMD shows:
“Actual date of milestone completion: 04/22/2021” for the “Port Processing” milestone

I suppose it’s just waiting for a delivery truck?

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
“Actual date of milestone completion: 04/22/2021” for the “Port Processing” milestone

Interesting. Mine now shows it complete 4/22 as well, but it hasn’t moved to the next step. It did switch from being the current step without the completed date to with the completed date. So there was some kind of change. Maybe it won’t be stuck at the port quite as long as I thought.

Last edited:

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I think that only means it is at that phase, not that it is completed. There is a phase that only dealers and Porsche NA have called V18 'released for transport'. Unfortunately that doesn't show up on TMD. Take a look at the sticky under Pricing, ordering, production.... (sorry couldn't figure out how to copy a link)

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think that only means it is at that phase, not that it is completed. There is a phase that only dealers and Porsche NA have called V18 'released for transport'. Unfortunately that doesn't show up on TMD. Take a look at the sticky under Pricing, ordering, production.... (sorry couldn't figure out how to copy a link)
ah right makes sense. i guess it's been reported that once the car is offloaded at the destination port that TMD is pretty much useless and will just one day report all milestones completed.

mine even updated this morning to show that it's expected at the dealer today which would be impossible unless the shipping truck drove overnight straight to my dealer w/out stopping haha

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
anyone happen to know if the TYD “En Route to Porsche Dealer” milestone actually updates before the car is at the dealership?

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My taycan is on a truck heading from Baltimore to NoVA. Should be a fast trip. Of course I will be traveling starting Thursday so I will have to wait another 4 days. It’s a shame because the detailer needs 7-10 days. It would have been nice to start that clock.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
My taycan is on a truck heading from Baltimore to NoVA. Should be a fast trip. Of course I will be traveling starting Thursday so I will have to wait another 4 days. It’s a shame because the detailer needs 7-10 days. It would have been nice to start that clock.
I am near you, I am happy to pick it up for you and make sure, you know, it all works well....

;)

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
awesome! good to hear that cars on the Aristotle are getting on trucks. mine is still somewhere in the queue to board a delivery truck. Hopefully soon but prob no luck in hitting the original delivery date of this Friday.
Sponsored